It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Everyone Jumps on the Conspiracy Bandwagon, even Nigerian Spammers

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If at first you don't succeed, try try again...and throw in a good Conspiracy Theory to ensure that people buy into it.

It's such a good idea that even the Nigerian 419 Scammers are giving it a go. You know the Nigerian 419 Scams...some Nigerian Lawyer or Prince has $12,000,000.00 they need to cash in order to build a Children's Hospital in Nigeria, so they want to send you a Cashier Check to cash for them, offering you 10%. If you fall for it you cash the Cashier Check, send them the remaining 90%, and 2 weeks later find out the Cashier Check was fraudulent and you owe the Bank the remainder, along with being slapped with a Felony charge for Bank Fraud.



That's the motto of Nigerian scammers, who often use current events to lure in unsuspecting email ingenues. The latest, however, which piggybacks on the as-yet-unconfirmed cause of Michael Jackson's death, probably takes the cake.

"I believe," the alleged Lisa Marie writes, "that same people how killed Michael are also trying to kill me because they most have known that I have the evidence of Michael death."


Nigerian Scammers go long, invoke Michael Jackson

It was bad enough when Conspiracy Theories were the butt-end of every joke, and then used by the MSM as plot-lines to bad movies, and later used by the MSM as Political Weapons of Mass Distraction, but now they are being used to commit Felonious Fraud. It kinda makes one feel dirty.




posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i have been given access to certain monies that were to be used to finance various "black" projects but have decided to defect and use these funds to start a new life as a nigerian prince, however the CIA have frozen all my accounts and i need your help....



Nigerian with a lower case "n" is blocked by the censors




[edit on 10/8/09 by pieman]



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
About a week ago I came across the website 419 Eater and I am seriously addicted. It's where people scam the scammer. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that they get these scammers to do! It really shows that not only are these scammers heartless, but also extremely ignorant. You should definitely check this website out. I can't stop reading the stories.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The sad reality about all this, is that people are still falling for these things. I figured 99.9% of the world would be educated about these Nigerian scammers but apparently it isnt so. Someone i know recently sent alot of $$$ to a girl he though he was going to meet. Turns out it was nothing but a Nigerian scam. I took a financial crime investigation class and i explained to him in detail why it really wasnt a girl he was sending money to. Otherwise, I dont think he would have believed me.



new topics

top topics
 
1

log in

join