It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Race Is Syrian?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know if I asked that question right. I do know that I probably sound stupid.

I know that syrian is an ethnic backround, much like italian, irish, ect. My question is what color would they be considered? I have a friend who is 1/4 Syrian. Someone said that he looked ethnic (which I don't think he does). He said that he thought syrians (and all arabic people) were white. So, we are all having a little debate on it. What would you check on your SAT for instance? I think that I just don't know all the race classifications and that there is a specific one that is not white or black, while everyone else seems to think that it is one of those two. I personally like the "I am human" race, but for discussion sake......

If anyone has a clue, let me know. Thanks!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I believe that native Syrians are semites. As far as skin color goes, all races have a large span of "shades". I know this Polish woman that works outside, in the summer she's darker than most black people I know.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I believe that native Syrians are semites. As far as skin color goes, all races have a large span of "shades". I know this Polish woman that works outside, in the summer she's darker than most black people I know.

Really? Wow, and if you would have asked me about someone polish, I would have said white. I am going to have to agree with a point you made. I don' t think there is a set skin color. It is a stupid question anyways. Thanks for your answer though.

new topics

join