It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Suspended for the EIGHTH time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Police chief suspends officer... again

Wane.com

In May, officer Thomas Andrews was caught performing a sex act on a woman by her significant other. Andrews was on duty. The couple turned him in, which then launched an investigation and resulted in a six month suspension without pay. Andrews will also no longer serve as a K-9 handler.

Andrews has been suspended eight times during his 15 year career.
When asked if he considered firing Andrews, York said he "definitely thought about it."

He says Andrews' previous suspensions were minor -- mostly procedural issues. And this most recent offense didn't involve work, other than Andrews was on the clock when it happened.

York says another major mistake by Andrews, would likely result in termination.

Whew! At least we know where they draw the line. NINE is absolutely too many times. It didn't have anything to do with work..WELL..except for being ON THE CLOCK.

Let's make excuses to keep this loser on the streets as long as we can, maybe until he kills someone. But I don't suppose the chief would take it any more seriously then.

I guess having sex with someone else's wife, while you're on duty as a cop probably isn't really that bad, right? It doesn't speak anything about this man's character. I'm sure he's a fine cop....well, as long as he's not on duty and happens to be boning YOUR wife.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow I guess become a cop there if you want to hold down a job lol.

Geesh even on Cancun real world the one guy was fired after a second offense of being late due to not hearing his alarm go off maybe we should direct him to this place lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He had sex on the job......................so what?

He has been suspended 8 times for things we don't know about. Were they simple mistakes that called for such actions or were they major offenses?

I can't tell you how many times I got extra duty in the Army. I know it was more then 8 times. Most of the things I got in trouble for was miniscule stuff like not answering the phone correctly or not coming to at ease when the SGM came into the room.

Should I have been discharged?

Now if some of those other suspensions were for major things then he should be fired. But the small things should be let go and yes, I think having sex on the job is a small thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen...
Whew! At least we know where they draw the line. NINE is absolutely too many times...[edit on 10-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

NINE is only too many times if it's a Major mistake. Otherwise, it could keep going. I'm sure the defense lawyers in this place want to keep him on duty. It'll be easy to prove questionalbe judgement to a jury. That is assuming he's ever out of someone else's wifes bed long enough to make an arrest.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cop having sex on the job.Gee hope nobody was being robbed or murdered at the time to distract him.Maybe suspension was to harsh when a good reprimand would have done?Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
sounds really crazy at first......

what kind of ties does he have to the police chief.......what kind of dirt does he have on superiors?

i wonder how long he was suspended the other 8 times.....was it 3 day type stuff......is his superior some hard AZS.....were he suspedened multiploe times for periods like a month or longer i think it would be absured to keep him on unless some weird detail emerges that we was dating his superior's daughter/sister .

we need more INFO

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
is it legal for cops to have sex on the job?
I thought they were suposed to be, you know, working.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If this guy was having sex on the job, when he was being PAID to do POLICE WORK, he has committed fraud. He lied to his employer, he cheated the taxpayers, he violated the sanctity of another person's marriage. If that does not cast a serious doubt on this individuals ability to be trusted, or to make ethical decisions, I don't know what else it would take.

The other 8 times were for 'procedural issues.' I say if you can't employ the correct 'procedures' when trying to be a cop, and get SUSPENDED EIGHT TIMES, it's time to move on to a different line of work.

Xe is probably hiring.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
is it legal for cops to have sex on the job?
I thought they were suposed to be, you know, working.

Isn't sex on the job called Prostitution?

Edited to add:

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
If this guy was having sex on the job, when he was being PAID to do POLICE WORK, he has committed fraud. He lied to his employer, he cheated the taxpayers, he violated the sanctity of another person's marriage. If that does not cast a serious doubt on this individuals ability to be trusted, or to make ethical decisions, I don't know what else it would take.

The other 8 times were for 'procedural issues.' I say if you can't employ the correct 'procedures' when trying to be a cop, and get SUSPENDED EIGHT TIMES, it's time to move on to a different line of work.

Xe is probably hiring.

I guess we should have fired President Clinton then also.

People go get a quickie all the time while they are supposed to be working. Stop bein such a prude.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

People go get a quickie all the time while they are supposed to be working. Stop bein such a prude.

I knew I could count on you, JD. Always the yin to the yang.

If the 'cop' was 'doing' somebody else's wife, while he was on duty, he is guilty of fraud. If you go get a quicky while you're getting paid to a job, by your employer, you are guilty of fraud as well. If you do that on your lunch hour,
, if you are supposed to be doing your job,
. Really pretty simple.

My sexual openness is not an issue, nor is his. The issue, among many others, which you have apparently chosen to ignore, is that he has defrauded his employer and his community by having sex while he was being paid to do a job. If he wanted to be paid for having sex, he should have taken in a job in the adult film industry, or as a crack whore, but last I checked, and I can pull it up for you if you need it, 'have sex with some other man's wife' was not in the job description for his police department.

If he is willing to defraud his citizens, and his employer, he is not qualified to be a police officer.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think you guys are reading between the lines. It says he was caught performing a sexual act. It then states the couple turned him in. It also says their was an investigation...I'm thinking this was not consensual, and that part is being omitted.

It's not unheard of for cops to abuse their authority to the point of doing brutal, evil acts. Think that maybe a bribe or blackmail is possible to keep the couple hush-hush, and the charges against a police officer dropped.

Am I reading to far into this? Why else would the couple feel the need to turn him in?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I don't think you guys are reading between the lines. It says he was caught performing a sexual act. It then states the couple turned him in. It also says their was an investigation...I'm thinking this was not consensual, and that part is being omitted.

It's not unheard of for cops to abuse their authority to the point of doing brutal, evil acts. Think that maybe a bribe or blackmail is possible to keep the couple hush-hush, and the charges against a police officer dropped.

Am I reading to far into this? Why else would the couple feel the need to turn him in?

I tried not to focus too much on that, Unity. I thought it even within the realm of possibility that it WAS consensual, but the couple tried to extort the officer after the fact. Regardless, he shouldn't have been having sex on duty, IMO, but thanks for the extra conspiracy spin.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

You're welcome. Guess my mind is a bit too dark today. It's what popped in first

What you say is equally, maybe even more so plausible. I don't want to focus on that dark possibility too much either, but felt that it should be noted.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

He has been suspended 8 times for things we don't know about. Were they simple mistakes that called for such actions or were they major offenses?

I can't tell you how many times I got extra duty in the Army. I know it was more then 8 times. Most of the things I got in trouble for was miniscule stuff like not answering the phone correctly or not coming to at ease when the SGM came into the room.

Now if some of those other suspensions were for major things then he should be fired. But the small things should be let go and yes, I think having sex on the job is a small thing.

He was having sex with SOMEBODY ELSE"S WIFE !!!!!!!!

You don't seem to think that is wrong ...................and that is weird...

How can you trust a cop to do the right thing when he is probably just boning your wife or GF...........In YOUR HOUSE !!!....

He is supposed to be out DOING HIS JOB while he is ON THE CLOCK...........

At any other job if I was having sex while on the clock with somebody else's wife, I would Immediately be fired and so would you.......

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

One of the things that bothered me during my fracus with LEO's was with a LEO friend who had told us at work of his SUCCESSES with females while as a deputy. He would pull over cars that had committed no infractions simply because there were good looking females in them. Using the power of his badge and authority he would INTIMIDATE them into having sex with him to avoid all the problems that would occur if they didn't. He didn't even have to tell them what to do as they all knew it was a bogus stop but the potential side effects of even something so small as a ticket that the officer had no intention of pursueing, ie: having to take off work to go to court and loseing that money, possibly losing the case if the officer was really serious and getting fined, having their insurance go up or possibly losing their license if they had previous offences (he particularly liked that one as he would run their records and remind them of what would happen if they lost in court). He also liked teenagers who had just gotten their license as they were really easy to get if he hinted what to do.

He was married with a daughter. I asked him what he would do to someone who pulled over his daughter who had done no wrong, walked to her car with a gun visible, a club visible, a gang on call, who threatened her with loss of her money, her ability to drive, possibly being put in a cage, and damage to her family but would walk away from her and let her go for sex. His answer: He would arrest them for rape if their were witnesses when he caught them otherwise he would kill him. So I asked him just what did HE think he was doing to other peoples daughters or wives. He quit the force that week.

LEO's, even their superiors, do not even think about the damage their actions do to citizens. I sometimes think that they intentionally try not to see the results of their actions because if they are good men, and funny as it might seem the officer I described TRIED to be a good officer and even risked his life for me against his fellow LEO's because what they were doing was wrong, they would have to quit like he did or commit suicide like the officer in who ordered a taseing that caused a man to fall to his death. This officer I described's fellow officers heard the same thing I did and saw nothing wrong with his actions until I pointed out how they would react if it happened to their own loved ones.

LEO's like the one you described need more than a suspension and LEO's everywhere need to be FORCED by their departments to think about what their actions actually DO to people. The harm they cause to innocent citizens even when they do the right and correct thing is tremendous. Now multiply that by when they do wrong because they do not even bother to think about it. The concept of let the courts sort it out causes punishment immediately to those involved whither they are guilty or NOT.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

I knew I could count on you, JD. Always the yin to the yang.

If the 'cop' was 'doing' somebody else's wife, while he was on duty, he is guilty of fraud. If you go get a quicky while you're getting paid to a job, by your employer, you are guilty of fraud as well. If you do that on your lunch hour,
, if you are supposed to be doing your job,
. Really pretty simple.

My sexual openness is not an issue, nor is his. The issue, among many others, which you have apparently chosen to ignore, is that he has defrauded his employer and his community by having sex while he was being paid to do a job. If he wanted to be paid for having sex, he should have taken in a job in the adult film industry, or as a crack whore, but last I checked, and I can pull it up for you if you need it, 'have sex with some other man's wife' was not in the job description for his police department.

If he is willing to defraud his citizens, and his employer, he is not qualified to be a police officer.

I don't see a problem with it. As far as I'm concerned it isn't a big deal. I didn't care when Clinton cheated on his wife and lied about it under oath and I don't care with this cop.

It isn't a big deal. People do this all the time. I have done, my wife has done it, my ex wife has done it, many of my friends has done it and I'm sure thousands of people I don't know has done it.

I don't see it as fraud, but then again I'm not a cop hater either. Should he be fired for this? Only if he has a major mark against him on his record. Other then that..........so what.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by jd140

He was having sex with SOMEBODY ELSE"S WIFE !!!!!!!!

You don't seem to think that is wrong ...................and that is weird...

How can you trust a cop to do the right thing when he is probably just boning your wife or GF...........In YOUR HOUSE !!!....

He is supposed to be out DOING HIS JOB while he is ON THE CLOCK...........

At any other job if I was having sex while on the clock with somebody else's wife, I would Immediately be fired and so would you.......

I can't fault the man for sleeping with someone elses wife, because I have done the same thing.

I don't see it as a big deal, you are free to think the world is coming to an end over it and holler until you are hoarse if you want to.

By the way, my ex wife cheated on me in my own house so I do know what it is like, it sucks, but I didn't get mad at the guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't see a problem with it. As far as I'm concerned it isn't a big deal. I didn't care when Clinton cheated on his wife and lied about it under oath and I don't care with this cop.

It isn't a big deal. People do this all the time. I have done, my wife has done it, my ex wife has done it, many of my friends has done it and I'm sure thousands of people I don't know has done it.

I don't see it as fraud, but then again I'm not a cop hater either. Should he be fired for this? Only if he has a major mark against him on his record. Other then that..........so what.

Yeah, so he had sex with another man's wife. Big deal. Since YOU do it, it must be ok for everyone else to do it too.

Again with the 'cop hater' crap. The fact that you don't see lying to your employer as fraud, lying to the citizens that pay your wages as not being fraud speaks a lot of your character.

The lie was by misrepresenting what he was doing while he was drawing tax dollars to pay his wages. Again, you pick one portion and try to hammer that in to the ground. The issue is not that he had sex with another man's wife. (in my opinion that matters, but here it does not) What matters is that he was getting PAID to have sex, but the position he chose to seek employment in had nothing to do with getting paid to have sex.

If you go to work and sell tupperware, instead of doing the job you were PAID to do, you have defrauded your employer. You have cheated your employer out of AT LEAST the money that you were paid for having sex, provided 'having sex' was not in your job description.

Good luck convincing anyone that it is ok to go get some nookie while the tax payers foot the bill.

de⋅fraud [di-frawd]
–verb (used with object) to deprive of a right, money, or property by fraud: Ex: Dishonest employees defrauded the firm of millions of dollars.

Apparently, the rest of the world understands what it means to defraud your employer. The cop should be fired and made to pay back the salary that the taxpayers of his community spent for him to have sex while on the job. He obviously cannot be trusted to maintain himself while on duty with a high ethical standard.

When it comes down to it, [SNIP] fraud is fraud, whether you think it is a big deal or not. You should try THAT one on the cops. 'Well, officer, I just don't think that rape is that big of a deal. Everyone does it.'

edit: obscene content k/j

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I'm sorry if my not seeing this as an offense to be fired over upsets you. I am entitled to my opinion whether you agree with it or not. You don't personally know me so you questioning my character doesn't phase me. You are nothing but a few words on my computer moniter.

By your definition anyone who has taken a pen from work is defrauding their employer. As it fits your definition do you also see that as a fireable offense?

I didn't say it is okay for him to sleep with another mans wife. I said I couldn't fault him for it because I have done the same thing. If I got upset that he did this then that would make me a hypocrite. If I led on that the practice to sleep with another married person is okay then that was a mistake on my part. I should have worded it better.

But hey like I said this is my opinion.

If one of his past offenses is a major one then he needs to be fired. If this is his first major offense then a second chance is in order. If you think that means that I am slobbering on "copper nobs" then so be it. Words on a screen don't phase me one bit.

new topics

top topics

join