It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DuckHunt Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm at a loss for words to describe the loathing I feel over what these 3 men have done. No doubt, such actions are repeated thousands of times all over the world, but nowhere have I seen anyone have the utter gall to actually post a YouTube vid of their crime.

Disgusting behaviour.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

They've been arrested and await a trial date to be set today.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I hope they pay a hefty fine and sit behind bars for a while. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yea they are pretty stupid.

Don't they know it is illegal to shoot a weapon from a car.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

From the link in the OP:

A conviction under the Migratory Birds Convention Act can carry fines of between $300,000 and six months in jail for individuals, up to $1-million — though Mr. Petrar noted that maximum penalties are rare.

I'd say the potential fines plus jail term are substantial enough and, if I'm not mistaken by the public reaction to this, such a high penalty may be in their future.

Another, even harsher, penalty will be in the eyes of every man and woman who hunts. The perps might be well-advised to move to Patagonia under assumed identities because, for them, Canada is not going to remain a healthy place to live in.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Glad to hear they got these jackholes!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For all we know they went and retrieved the bodies and had them for dinner that night.

May have been distasteful way of hunting but hunting none the less.

And that is the only defense they could possibly come up with, they are F&^%$D!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
For all we know they went and retrieved the bodies and had them for dinner that night.

May have been distasteful way of hunting but hunting none the less.

We'll see. The vid caught the attention of Canadians across the country and it didn't take long for the RCMP to nab them.

Did you watch the video? I didn't see a retriever dripping water nor did they. Likely didn't want to get the little Toyota they were initially shooting from all damp inside.

Another bit which points to pointlessness was the multi-shot focus on the ducklings. Not too great a meal there, but I'm sure they'll try to use it by saying things like you suggest.

Other remarks may include:

"Hunting License? We don't need it because (insert reason here)"

"Hunting season? We don't recognize it because (insert reason here)"

See where I'm going with this?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Did you see the fat one jumping up and down as he realized that this is the only form of entertainment he has in his life? I bet he is a hit with the ladies too. And the other guys, losers as well...plain and simple.

There should be some sort of reciprocation law, where if you do a stupid thing to another creature, then you should have to be made to try and survive the same ordeal. I bet it would stop a lot of this BS!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This video disgusts me for several reasons.

One, as mentioned, I saw no evidence that they were recovering the dead ducks. If that is so, they are not duck hunters, they are duck killers, and subhuman in my opinion.

Two, I've done quite a bit of waterfowl hunting and other bird hunting as a kid. We treasured these birds, respected their nesting areas and hunted for what we needed for food. They were never wasted. I was given a Daisy BB gun at a young age, and given rules along with it. One of the rules was "kill only that which you need and are going to eat." I shot a sparrow, and my Father came out, complimented me on a good shot, and then told me "well, better start cleaning it." fast forward:

(blubbering) "I don't WANNNA eat the sparrow!!!"
Dad: "Well, you know the rules, and now you'll know the consequences. You ARE going to eat that sparrow. I suggest you cook it first."

And that's what happened.

Three, in all my days of hunting in northern Idaho, I've never known even a single duck hunter that would consider shooting a duck or other waterfowl on the water. Very bad form. The game is disadvantaged enough, just using a firearm. dispicable.

I hope these guys are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I'm a very gentle person, however sights like that incite a rather reddish twitch inside me that wants to pummel the offenders. Note that I am not threatening them, nor would I. Just an urge. Sickening lack of regard for life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
This video disgusts me for several reasons.

Three, in all my days of hunting in northern Idaho, I've never known even a single duck hunter that would consider shooting a duck or other waterfowl on the water. Very bad form. The game is disadvantaged enough, just using a firearm. dispicable.

When your really in need a silenced .22 is ideal for hunting waterbirds, same applies to rabbits. However these morons have no need, take their firearms and whatever hunting permits away and give them 200 hours each working in wetlands management.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

SASKATOON — Three Saskatchewan men who posted a video of themselves on YouTube shooting ducks with a rifle from the inside of a car intend to plead guilty to several charges later today, a prosecutor told a judge in Saskatoon provincial court Monday morning.

-snip-

All three men face the same four charges: careless use of a firearm, allowing game flesh to be spoiled or wasted, illegally hunting ducks and grebes out of season, and illegally hunting migratory bird with a rifle. Rowlands also faces a charge of firing a gun from a vehicle.

-snip-

In an interview with the Calgary Sun over the weekend, David Fraser said they “honestly didn’t know it was a crime . . . and we’re very sorry about it.”

www.ottawacitizen.com...

Somehow, I don't believe these guys were 'hunters'. Perhaps they 'borrowed' dad's hunting rifles for a 'fun' shooting adventure. Something they're going to regret for a long, long time to come.

In their favour is the fact that they're owning up to it. For that alone, my initial anger has been somewhat softened

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
End of story:

They pleaded guilty, showed remorse and got a severe slap on the wrists.

Justice Doug Agnew called their actions "stupid, reckless and irresponsible." He fined the Frasers $5,000 each and Rowlands $6,000 and ordered their rifles seized.

The trio pleaded guilty to unlawful hunting, hunting out of season, firing a gun from a vehicle and leaving edible game to be wasted.

www.thestar.com...

Now they'll have to face the disgust of their family, friends and neighbours. If I were them, I'd also stay out of local bars for a few years.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
End of story:

They pleaded guilty, showed remorse and got a severe slap on the wrists.

Justice Doug Agnew called their actions "stupid, reckless and irresponsible." He fined the Frasers $5,000 each and Rowlands $6,000 and ordered their rifles seized.

The trio pleaded guilty to unlawful hunting, hunting out of season, firing a gun from a vehicle and leaving edible game to be wasted.

www.thestar.com...

Now they'll have to face the disgust of their family, friends and neighbours. If I were them, I'd also stay out of local bars for a few years.

Well the judge was smart enough to take the firearms as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No need to watch this.

Bad day to be a duck on a pond in Saskatchewan. For the past few hundred thousand years, this behaviour was considered sport and/or hunting for food. Non the less ducks die because men kill them, likely every day of the year, somewhere on earth.

Are North American ducks more important?

We likely shoot fewer ducks than people, here on earth, over the course of a year.

Over reaction to normal human behaviour! The fine for hunting out of season and without a liscence is the crime.

The only reason I posted is this over-reaction shows our priorities are set on things which make no sense. People should be more concerned about people shooting people. That gets no U-tube to front page coverage. Must be because it happens so frequently. Likely way more than shooting a few sitting ducks.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
No need to watch this.

Bad day to be a duck on a pond in Saskatchewan. For the past few hundred thousand years, this behaviour was considered sport and/or hunting for food. Non the less ducks die because men kill them, likely every day of the year, somewhere on earth.

Are North American ducks more important?

We likely shoot fewer ducks than people, here on earth, over the course of a year.

Over reaction to normal human behaviour! The fine for hunting out of season and without a liscence is the crime.

The only reason I posted is this over-reaction shows our priorities are set on things which make no sense. People should be more concerned about people shooting people. That gets no U-tube to front page coverage. Must be because it happens so frequently. Likely way more than shooting a few sitting ducks.

Do you even know what you are blabbering about? First, firearms have not existed for "the past few hundred thousand years" so no, there is no precedent such as that.. Secondly, man has traditionally hunted for food and survival and again, traditionally sport hunting was still for food. It was considered an honor to be a good hunter because that meant you were a good provider and valuable to the community. These guys proved the opposite. Third, I think there would be as much, if not more, outrage if somebody posted a video of themselves shooting humans on YouTube - duh.

Seriously, are you trolling or what? If these guys were hunting and being respectful, then great. The reaction is because these guys were showing no regard for life, hunting, or sport.

Your sense of logic fails miserably.

join