It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian court says 'confessions' prove Western plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Iranian court says 'confessions' prove Western plot

www.timesonline.co.uk

Iran’s conservative newspapers had a field day. “London — The control room for the street riots in Tehran”, proclaimed yesterday’s Kayhan newspaper, the mouthpiece of the regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why is it always the conservative news outlets that print this crap?

The article goes on to say

Western politicians, human rights groups and analysts denounced the “show trials” and their apparently coerced confessions. They claimed the regime was attempting to intimidate an opposition that it had failed to suppress by force, and to rally its own fractured base by blaming foreign enemies for the turmoil that has engulfed Iran since the disputed presidential election of June 12.

What a farce... It's situations like these that remind me that all of the crazy Obama == Hitler talk in America is so uninformed.

If we only knew what it was like to live in a society where the loser in the presidential race is imprisoned the day after the election and the country is held in check by some BS theocrat...

It's days like this that I'm PROUD to be an American.

To be honest, as much as I cant stand the uneducated masses and their ugly mugs on TV shouting unintelligible sound bytes given to them by their respective media outlets, I'm glad to know we have an armed populace.

Now we just need a common enemy.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm almost sure the only people in charge of the riots are the men and woman on the streets at the time. Individually.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They do these trials to try to give their illegitimit regime credibility.Its backfiring obviously.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I feel confident that you are correct about that.

Although I could see having ~40 people planted... but then how would you know the election would be completely rigged ya know?

I think Ockhams razor points to individual culpability... not western.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Quite quick to make a judgement on the confessions without any actual evidence of torture. Hypocrisy?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well there have been several claims about this. And from notable sources.

I would be quick to assume that a government which would arrest the loser of an election the very next day would be liable to torture.

A gov which exterminates homosexuals would also be liable to torture.

I think it's a matter of just waiting on the evidence to be honest.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have never seen any notable sources, just biased ones on this issue. As far as I know the opposition leaders were under house arrest when they rallied their supporters to riot. That's a very gentle way of dealing with someone who is trying cause riots, if that would happen in US they'd be hauled into Gitmo or such straight away.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Very true.

Of course nothing can be a grassroots movement in "Paradise" It has to be from outside influence.
The Iranian Gov needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Being in denial is a dangerous thing. If they are constantly looking for an external boogy man they will loose control from within.

top topics

join