It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just for fun: Chicago Bar Phantom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There was a mildly amusing photo published in Stephen Wagner's "Paranormal" blog yesterday, featuring a photo with two merry drinkers and... we don't know what the other thing is. Wagner did a good job explaining HOW it could have appeared - but WHAT is it?

Take a look, have a guess.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It looks a bit like King Tut to me. Perhaps the Great One attempted to time travel and experienced an unfortunate glitch.

[edit on 10/8/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

King Tut, huh?
Considering the head seems to be missing... heck, you may be right. ;-)

All I see is an off-white trench-coat - but then I am notoriusly fashion conscious...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I challenge you, Vanitas, to place the bar photo next to this image of Mr. Tut's mask (blessings upon him), and try not to see the similarities.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c8bda9b6d5c.jpg[/atsimg]

That spectre is a dead-ringer for the king! I think you're just intimidated by my rapid identification of the haunt in question.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh, do you perchance mean one of the two merry gentlemen holding a glass?
(A spectre indeed: that's a fine way to call a pub patron...
)

Frankly, as much as I adore a challenge, this one is proving too challenging for me: a trench coat is all I see. Period.

But I aways like seeing young Mr. Tut's pretty face, so I don't mind observing his mask for the gazillionth time...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Ah well, then the mystery of the trenchcoat/Egyptian apparition will have to linger on. Happy (ghost) hunting--I always do appreciate a good phantom mystery, even when it turns out to be less spooky and more...sartorial.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Why, thank you...

But, pretty boy Tut apart - what do you think it could be?

Anyone?

(I KNOW you're on holidays, people - c'mon, give it a try.
)

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It looks like a traditional nun's outfit. Was the bar at one time a convent, Church or school?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

I wouldn't know. (But I suppose it would be easy enough - for some in Chicago, that is
- to find out.)

So... I gather you don't think this is a "normally" explicable optical anomaly?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interdimensional alien. Plain as day. (Only heard of those last night, and by George, I've already found one!).

[edit on 8/12/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well, it is "interdimensional" - I can't argue with that...

And it does look a bit plain, doesn't it?

But, whatever dimension it is from, it's clearly one where they don't use their heads. ;-)

P.S. Actually, I think there IS a hint of a shadow of a head, if you look closely. Somebody/something was doing a really, really fast double take.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

lol! Don't use their heads! I too, can see what might be the vague outline of a head.

It's really creepy, though, the way you can see straight through his clothing. Perfectly. At the same time it's almost like the clothing is what ultimately gave him away.

I love this kind of thing, love these pictures, but of course, my comments are kind of tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Isnt it obvious? Its an extradimensional being in a biological suit who had a few too many.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hey, tongue-in-cheek makes the best science, so don't put yourself down

And speaking of cheeks: this... thing's head (glad you see it, too) seems to have been travelling through time/space much faster than the rest of it. I think that's what puzzling Stephen Wagner.

Was it spinning?

BTW, if you like this sort of stories, be sure to dig out my "Victor Goddard's Ghost Photo" thread. (I'd do it myself, but I have to run, so...)
I am not usually into "ghosts", especially on photos, but that one (the story associated with it, to be more precise) - and this one - really are sort of fun.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

A few too many... what - that is the question. :-)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well shoot. I went to your profile, and dug deep into the catacombs to find the thread you suggested, and made myself at home on your profile page while I was there. So, you know what I found. And I'm sorry. But I understand.

You seem to have been (yes, you are now a has-been) lol, but very prolific writer. I'll be reading some of your threads. They look interesting.

It was nice meeting you Vanitis.

liw

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Hey, you're welcome on my page anytime.

I am just sorry that I made you rummage through my - yes, prolific!
- threads and posts. As I said, I would normally dig it out myself, but I REALLY had to run.
And I am "running" again, this time a bit farther.

Meanwhile, I hope somebody solves this great mystery of our times...

P.S. I LOVE your discretion and kindness. ;-)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure what it is, but the fact that it's yellow bothers me. That seems to me a very specific thing it could only be, as opposed to a being dressed in a neutral colour like black or grey. Or is it only yellow because of the flash from the camera?

It has a vaguely human shape but the head seems very small in proportion. It could be a nun - but what would a nun be doing in a bar?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think the bigger mystery here is why is that guy's lips so red, and what's that red s@&t on both his shoulders?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That photo is faker than Pamela Anderson's pectoral region.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join