It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS picking up on MSM talking points?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Of course there is biasness on ATS. There is biasness everywhere. You cannot get away from it.

I can't tell you how many times I have been called a brain washed soldier or a birther. A recent poster said I slobber copper knobs.

There are a few things that is okay to bash.

1. Soldiers.
2. Cops
3. Christians
4. Jews
5. Those who think 9/11 was carried out by terroists.
6. Republicans
7. Rush and those who listen to him
and
8. Bush and those who supported him.

You have to remember even with rules the mods are human and have their own view of things and will act 50/50. Half within the rules and the other half according to their opinions.

In short, take whatever happens on ATS with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Dont you think this whole thead is being a little overdramatic? I mean really you have to look at the facts. ATS is a for profit business that sells adspace through a third party. Do you really think they should turn down ad revenue just because you disagree with the source. If you dont like the ad, ignore it.

You have to be realistic. This is a for profit business, which in my opinion is better than it being some government owned entity. Bandwidth, servers, staff to support them, and co-lo space do not come cheaply. Would you rather they turn down ads and go out of business. Then where will you post? Oh, you say you will just go to another site, well guess what they have to make money too or they wont be there. So you can find another site, but you will just find yourself in the same situation.

I dont see any bias on this site whatsoever, except for one or two mods who might need to be reigned in, and I am one of those "right wing nut jobs" who would see bias against us if it existed.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by mrFantastic4567]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Do you have any respect for authoritative figures?

It appears you have been warned twice. Are you looking to get banned intentionally, to somehow validate your rationalizing issue?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Its very strange to me how the one posting his outrage over partisanship bickering on ATS ended by saying it is the fault of religious right-wing nuts. I furthermore found it very strange that such a partisan attack disguised as complaining made it to the front page.

The fact of the matter is that political stories and commentaries really do not belong on the front page of ATS. ATS is about exploring theories that the mainstream press is not allowed to explore because they would be labeled crazy, extremists, etc.

I think ATS needs to make its mission more explicit in getting stories to the front page that follow a guideline of being something that would not be allowed to be covered in common news outlets.

And another thing, ordinary commentary does not belong on the front page of ATS either. Yet half of what is on the front page of ATS is commentary rather than facts and research.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I clearly remember seeing this thread. Members can add google ads. This is also a privilege

Now, members can make a little money from participating in ATS

Google has recently relaxed some key restrictions on their AdSense program, so that we can now allow the following:

Member Blogs

Members can now insert their own AdSense ads on their blogs: We've removed the small strip of ads in the blog header, and are now opening the service up for members to run their own Google ads (and only Google at this time).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Do you have any respect for authoritative figures?

Off topic. And yes I do. Do you?

It appears you have been warned twice. Are you looking to get banned intentionally, to somehow validate your rationalizing issue?

Off topic again. And I was warned twice for the same message. SO even said the exact reason I was warned. For a particular word I used once in the same message. It had nothing to do with rationalizing or the partisonship that some obviously portray in each and every one of their posts and threads thay create...

Their is a reason why people have been so ticked off with the hardline extreme right on this website. Because of the constant barrage of personal attacks and complete and utter partison b.s. that is constantly spewed by these extremists...

Obviously the tone of ATS and most of the mods have been directed at the extremists to tone down the political rhetoric, or at least spew it in the correct political forums. So, by all means, continue it, and expect for the people who actually care about the country, the constitution and all of its citizens to slap down the political ideologies the extreme right try to jam down the rest of our throats...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You have noticed the thread that you took part in begining last night.
You reworded it and asked a question that was addressed immediately in the thread.

Yes, ATS mimicks the MSM.

Why? Because people feel the need to bring something immediate to the forums due to the points system. Therefore, they scour the MSM looking for something to bring here first.

We are nothing more than a parrot of MSNBC.

(except that is just a minority of the overall content on this site. otherwise, this is still the best site on the web.)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Let me point out that with that linked to one of my posts... I do not appreciate your implying that I think there is a right wing conservative problem on this site.

If you look at the thread I was replying to you would know that that OP was concerned about the increased insults and childish behavior from both sides and my saying these new rules should help that was an attempt to ease his/her fears.

I NEVER indicated that it was right wing conservatives that were behind it all.... If you think I do, you are wrong and have misunderstood that post.

I have said numerous times that I think ANYBODY who behaves childishly and shouts down other people , regardless of political affiliation is in the wrong.

It is NEVER acceptable on this website, to resort to name calling, insults, trolling and political baiting.... No matter where you stand on any issue it is NOT acceptable.

The new rules implemented go for not just republicans and they go for not just democrats. they go for EVERYBODY.

ATS is a place that encourages intelligent debate that involves civility and decorum. We do not want our members to fear posting here... These rules were put in place because things WERE getting out of hand with the political threads.

With all due respect I will appreciate it if you never take one of my posts out of context and accuse me of some kind of unwarranted bias again.

Thank you.

Now, with all do respect, there is no attempt to silence anybody. The only thing being attempted here, is to encourage people to act like adults and discuss the issues on this site with out resorting to childish behavior.

Is it really to much to expect that our members remain curteous and civil with one another? I sure hope not.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

"It is NEVER acceptable on this website, to resort to name calling, insults, trolling and political baiting.... No matter where you stand on any issue it is NOT acceptable."

Are you sure about that or do you want to retract that statement?

If you want I can post atleast one post of yours from a religious thread that is insulting.

I ask again. Do you want to retract that statement?

Look hard at your past post history before you answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join