It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six mental functions to always exercise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Very nice! For some reason I find this to be very interesting. Its getting me in the mood to start improving myself......stupid motivation...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you, a long time ago I decided to train my mind but I didn't do it..

By the way, I've found this website. It has cool flash minigames dedicated for every brain area.

www.lumosity.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Umm. WTH?

Why isn't everyone else starring and flagging the crap out of this thread?

This is a answer to one of mine I was looking for.

If you could provide some more links that would be greatly appreciated for me myself.

Love the thread, Kudos!

Its about using the internal power of who you are, who we ALL are brother.

Have faith in yourself, and you will have ETERNAL luck.

Best of hope to everyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Pretty useful stuff, another "mental skill" I find useful is Awareness.

For example, stop and attend to everything you can HEAR, ... I can hear, people typing, how many people? ...sounds like about 6, one is smacking the space bar at a regular interval.

A man, sounds to be, about 32 is talking at a relaxed pace. I can hear the ceiling fan, spinning at a medium pace... you get the idea. Try to get as much detail as possible and try not to analyze (just yet). Keep it as factual as possible.

Do this with all your senses. It's pretty amazing how much we can take in if we attend to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EIH888

Star for you. Nailed it. Exactly what i was thinkin

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Autowrench: A Very good post. I follow these myself, plus the 7 deep breaths at night. My attention span and focus has always been right on, I was a car mechanic for many years, but i must admit my memory is not what it used to be. I have the ability to think and reason in an abstract manner, and solve problems on the fly. I also think on multiple levels, and tend to see all possibilities at once, I call this multi-dimensional thought, as opposed to liner thought.
This really helped me in diagnostic situations with auto service, and now with computer repair, a field where quick thinking is paramount to being good enough to stay at it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Now that you mention it, entertaining multiple possibilities at once is something I also do until I am able to narrow them down, and until I do I handle things vaguely. Like trying to figure out why something is broken but also when talking to somebody and trying to find underlying thoughts or motivations. It may literally be multi-dimensional thought since the popular idea of "parallel universes" is just that they are other possible realities played out in various different ways. Maybe by thinking of them you are accessing information from the actual dimension where the possibility is a reality. Who's to say?

I also sometimes feel like I have the option to choose one of several different paths to take, potential realities that open to me at different points in time, that will begin to close as soon as I start behaving in resonance with one of the options more than the others. The whole free will/destiny thing again, because I think the truth is that both exist, you simply get to choose which destiny you want to experience out of a bunch that already exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Why would you even ask? Such advice is precious.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by Demogator]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join