It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six mental functions to always exercise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"This is just disinfo guys, disinfo!" Ha

why havn't I seen a serious post about that¿?
Thanks a bunch for the exercises! I will be bookmarking this thread.

R5

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow i was looking for ways to increase my memory and attention span and keep my brain constantly working.
You dont have to make a habit out of it doing it on the computer. If you go out in nature and observe it too like the yogi's do when they retreat into the mountains can also exercise your mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Your mind is a tool, yes, nothing but a tool, certainly not "you" in the most ultimate sense, but I don't let my body rot away just because I realize that "I" am something different than this or that.

Honestly I have a very great amount of respect for my body, because I realize even my consciousness would not arise in such a way without it, because not even my consciousness is really "me." "I" am nothing, an illusion or a false sense or illusory sense of meaning. My body is extremely complex, and I don't believe most people understand the full implications of a 100% healthy mind and body.

Epsillion, yes, totally. I might've called it "transcendence itself" but yes, 100%.

And I'm enjoying the contraption game.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epsillion70 thanK you. You hit the nail on the head. This is the most powerful secret!!!!!

All the other ones are nonsense. Stick with Number 7 and then eventually you are free from ego, from mind, from suffering. Then you experience God!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thank you so much for making this thread. It really is comforting to see a non-controversial thread which exists for the sole purpose of helping others. It is concise, informative and inspirational.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Thanks for posting this....All my life I have had trouble paying attention without having my mind wandering. I was told I had add or adhad when I was like 5- ...I got tested for it, but my mom didn't want to put me on riddlin or however you spell it....

Anyways, hopefully these can help me out as I usually have about 20-30 things racing through my head in fragments at all times......

Sometimes I can't even finish a word because my mind wandered to a different word and they become combined into one word.....it's actually kind of funny as long as nobody hears it....anyways thanks for the post and the links and the reminder that our mind is much more powerful than our body.....We just don't know it yet...

It's much easier to train your body than your mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Great thread, thank you for sharing this.

I'll definitely try to find the time to exercise these abilities.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Cheers and Thank you for acknowledging this within yourself
As awareness/observance of all things of either the world within oneself or the world outside is what the Yogi's, Guru's, Mystics, Sufi's, Gnostics, etc etc have been trying to get across for millenia indeed

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

The Spirit is the only thing we will have eternally as the Body is merely a suit to which we use to communicate to others who are trapped in the egoic mind.
Hence the body and everything else in the universe is essentially neutral as it is the ego mind that deify's it or demonises everything as good or bad in polarities.
There can only be two emotions we can show one is illusion the other is Reality;
fear or Love,
ego or Spirit
time or Eternity
war or Peace
separation or Oneness
ego or Spirit

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
reply to post by M157yD4wn

The Spirit is the only thing we will have eternally as the Body is merely a suit to which we use to communicate to others who are trapped in the egoic mind.
Hence the body and everything else in the universe is essentially neutral as it is the ego mind that deify's it or demonises everything as good or bad in polarities. We are all one in spirit.
There can only be two emotions we can show;
fear or Love,
ego or Spirit
time or Eternity
war or Peace
separation or Oneness

I'm sorry before I comment I'll ask.

Are you serious?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

As serious as you think how much I might be laughing at my... own egos Tautologys
Haven't you wondered who really is that is making you think that you are thinking that everything is a thought Rofpmsl

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

As serious as you think how much I might be laughing at my... own egos Tautologys
Haven't you wondered who really is that is making you think that you are thinking that everything is a thought Rofpmsl

Rolling of floor pmsing? I'm confused, k though.

I've wondered what makes me think, and well neurons firing due to a brilliant evolutionary advance, quite self explanatory no?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hmm, Well thats what you think the thinker is thinking. When in reality your thoughts are merely a holographic representation of a symbolic mechanism from a lower level of reality.
I know this will sound like total BS and I must say its a bit like me trying to teach my Cat about the internal combustion engine its just not going to get it, because it is totally devoid of its reality and also its own reality of understanding though that dosent mean another Cat might not get it.
Hence why there is esoterics etc. Because most people wont get it in this lifetime and maybe not the next

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Cheers and Thank you for acknowledging this within yourself
As awareness/observance of all things of either the world within oneself or the world outside is what the Yogi's, Guru's, Mystics, Sufi's, Gnostics, etc etc have been trying to get across for millenia indeed

Why do people that think they've transcended Ego seem to have such an abundance of ego and self-regard? It's often puzzled me and you seem very well placed to explain it

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Simply put if one goes in to an Ice cream factory One is going to experience the 5 senses of Ice Cream yeah and hence they wont see no funny Mushrooms?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Ok, well then it's a theory and should be treated as such.

What proof do you have to back this up? Any evidence, anything at all to support such wild claims.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

A very good comment and alas I am sorry I cannot give TO you physical and tangible proof and yes the whole Universe and everything in it is indeed a theory and hence an illusion.
I can only ask that you if you like go to where within your own biological transducer called Brain and think about what is that makes you think the things that you think that are indeed worth thinking as a definitive and defining thought which is either good or bad or just boring mind numbing thinking.
Thats all I did/doing/do

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello,

You mention games that help memory and stuff but independant surveys have found this to be incorrect (I am targeting Ninendo here):

Consumer group Which? asked three experts to check claims made about several devices, including the Nintendo DS, on memory and staving off dementia.

They found the evidence behind such claims was non-existent or "weak".

Source - BBC

So I am intrigued to see what you can bring to the table in respect to memory games

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is the first time I've seen a thread with over 100 flags and only 30some responses. Amazing.

Now I'll go back to the beginning and read up on the six mental functions which should be exercised regularly.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
This is the first time I've seen a thread with over 100 flags and only 30some responses. Amazing.

Now I'll go back to the beginning and read up on the six mental functions which should be exercised regularly.

Dont forget my hijacking 7th one Lol Hmm Oops Sorry OP
There you are Damn ego. Stop this I tell you! Get back into that box Now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join