It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if thoughts had actual consciousness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
okay, this is where i'm coming from:
i believe that we are all fractions of a consciousness that is a fraction of a consciousness all the way up to the source consciousness
i believe that we will one day be creators ourselves (though now i wonder if we are not already creators, although for the most part unaware)
that being said, what if our creations are thoughts.

so what if thoughts are things, in fact, conscious things? we send them out with a particular job to do (whatever and exactly what we think/say) and it goes out and does it to the best of its ability. ability may be increased or decreased depending on many things one does consciously or un/subconsciously.

are we are swimming in a sea of "conscious" thoughts all with a job to do? are some thoughts "jobs" To intercept other thoughts? so say i tell someone a thought i have, if they have a thought that contradicts that could/would it affect my own thought? or a new thought?

could we, to some beings estimation, be thoughts ourselves. could they be unaware that we, their thoughts and creations, have consciousness? or are we just unaware of our little creations because we have not yet ascended to the next density?

of course, this could all very well just be a slightly mad conversation i just had with my boyfriend.

i once scoffed as he claimed during a "trip" he contemplated the possibility that we could be cells on a cheetah. and though most, as i did at the time, would say thats ridiculous...i understand now.
thoughts?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Cool thought,

I too believe that one day any one of us may have the ability to create based on thought alone, beyond the normal bounds. Your idea does seem to make some sense, just thinking about certain people, some people have the ability to do anything they want, they can achieve the greatest heights, their goals can be accomplished but all of these goals began as thoughts, perhaps the reason they achieved their goals was due to the power or strength of their thoughts, I wrote a paper on thought once, I will have to find it sometime, but I know people who are so weakminded, they basically have no thought, they are normal people but somehow they just daydream constantly and never know what they want to do, it's that type of person that will never achieve the heights of the greats unless they change their way of thinking, or learn how to develop an original independent thought in the first place.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Thats a very good thought provoking statement, ive never thought of before. It could be a possibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes, funny idea. Only with one problem, though: Thoughts actually hinder the progress because they are such a blunt and cruel tool.

Instead, try for some time to go without any thoughts and all will eventually become more sense.

Thoughts are stones that lie in a beautiful, fluid river, and hinder the natural development.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
this kind of concept is a daoist principal. it was suggested nearly 8000 years ago by laotsu. he wrote amanuscript called the dao de ching. it is the earliest human philosophy written in a book.

basically we manifest our entire world from nothing more than thought.
all that exists is energy, and through our thought we give energy form.

it states that all matter and life is nothing. and to know everything, you need to know nothing.

zen is based on the dao de ching

its quite intersting. i am no expert, but i do know more on daoism than alot of people would.
feel free to ask me. or post here (: google is also a great tool. you can get copies of the dao de ching. its a wierd and crazy ride to read. but worth it

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

So your boyfriend got you to trip too? Is that where this is coming from? Or did you just have a lot of weed or something, lol. It makes me think like that anyway, a little too deep for your own good, haha.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
okay, this is where i'm coming from:
i believe that we are all fractions of a consciousness that is a fraction of a consciousness all the way up to the source consciousness
i believe that we will one day be creators ourselves (though now i wonder if we are not already creators, although for the most part unaware)
that being said, what if our creations are thoughts.

so what if thoughts are things, in fact, conscious things? we send them out with a particular job to do (whatever and exactly what we think/say) and it goes out and does it to the best of its ability. ability may be increased or decreased depending on many things one does consciously or un/subconsciously.

are we are swimming in a sea of "conscious" thoughts all with a job to do? are some thoughts "jobs" To intercept other thoughts? so say i tell someone a thought i have, if they have a thought that contradicts that could/would it affect my own thought? or a new thought?

could we, to some beings estimation, be thoughts ourselves. could they be unaware that we, their thoughts and creations, have consciousness? or are we just unaware of our little creations because we have not yet ascended to the next density?

of course, this could all very well just be a slightly mad conversation i just had with my boyfriend.

i once scoffed as he claimed during a "trip" he contemplated the possibility that we could be cells on a cheetah. and though most, as i did at the time, would say thats ridiculous...i understand now.
thoughts?

I've heard that your thoughts are reflected into the astral planes and do create enviroments, I dont see why you couldnt create a reflected person with some form of conciousness, maybe one you create through thought when thinking of him/she/it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
YOU are a Loving Thought, begat by Loving Thoughts, the begets Loving Thoughts...

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I find proof in the holographic universe theory all around, this is a good topic.
When I started getting in to metaphysics I had a christian upbringing bias that eventually led me to where I am today... Just having those thoughts of love and sacrifice resonating with me had an effect.

new topics

top topics

join