It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of Underwater Breathing etc ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hi all,

for a couple of months now, I have been sleeping with a Lapis Lazuli in hand and I have also been recording my dreams too.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I asked my crystal before going to sleep, " Where am i from, Why am i here and where am i going?"

Since asking this a couple of nights ago, I have had weird dreams the last 2 nights in a row,

NIGHT 1 - I dreamt I was walking out of the ocean and I had gills like a fish.

NIGHT 2 - i dreamt i was being dared to jump into the ocean and hold my breath for as long as i could, but when i got underwater i realised i could breath through my nose!! i could stay under for as long as i wanted and keep breathing!!

Has anyone had these types of dreams or know of any meaning to this. Does it have anything to do with the Lapis etc?

G.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lapis Lazuli sounds like a terrible disease

I have dreams like that from time to time. Where I'm plunged into water and realize, after a short period of panic, that I can breath if I convince myself I'm not drowning.

Last time it happened, I woke up and decided that it meant I wanted to go down to the beach for a swim... and swim I did

[edit on 8/10/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
For those who don't know

en.wikipedia.org...

I sure as hell didn't

Weird you're having dreams of the ocean.

Are you near the ocean, or a lake for that matter.

Dreams tend to be your mind encoding things into knowledge and storing, kind of like a warehouse when it's closed
neat thought at that!

As for breathing through your nose underwater on a dare.

I'd suppose mentally, maybe you're doing something (barnum effect here) that you know is false yet can do with ease. Living a lie etc. Living it well at that.

Telling lies and feeling just fine with it, after the first try.

Something along those lines.

Or doing something new, and finding hey it's okay, I can do this!

Barnum effect still in place, now it's over.

I'd say you've been minutely thinking about water at least?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

i did go for a walk on the beach a few days ago, but not really been thinking much about water specifically.

if i have a similar dream tonight it will be 3 in a row!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Sounds like your listening to george noory, watch out, that guy is bad for your intellect...

If you want to know those questions try asking a higher power, instead of a rock...

It also sounds from dream #1 that you already have a preconvieved notion on where you came from so that might cloud your recieving an answer, but I don't claim to be able to interpret your dreams nor should you expect anyone to have that ability, I personally believe only you can know the true meaning of your dreams.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm confused. What does sleeping with a blue rock have to do with anything? Blue rock = dreams about water?

Perhaps try sleeping with a charcoal briquette and hope for BBQ?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Use lapis lazuli to inspire meaningful and prophetic dreams

www.psychic-revelation.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Underwater
To dream that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation.

To dream that you are breathing underwater, represents a retreat back into the womb. You want to return to a state where you were dependent and free from responsibilities. Perhaps you are feeling helpless, unable to fulfill your own needs and caring for yourself.� Alternatively, you may be submerged in your emotions.

dreammoods.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
An alternative answer to the question you asked before sleeping (Where do I come from?) is that your dream focused on breath. Being under the water made you focus on your breath. Where do you come from? You come from breath. Not that breath created you or had you, but maybe what breath represents? That sort of survival, out and in, The you, meaning the concious you. The you that asked the question.

I have pretty horrible luck when I ask a question before falling asleep. I get a dream, but it's usually impossible to follow. But yours was more of a question out of interest, my last one was more egotistical.

I used to go to sleep with my "Wotai stone" either sort of in hand or just in the bed with me. I don't see any problem with going to sleep with whatever sort of stone with you. It's there to remind you as you fall asleep in a subtle way, and probably moreso as you wake up. Especially in dream recall this helps. It's one less thing to worry about, having to put yourself in that mode and willfully remind yourself. The stone or your stone is there to do that for you, and it's almost as if you reach for it without thinking at the right times, when you weren't even thinking about it.

I gave my last one to a child who saw it in my hands and asked for it. I need to find another one. Thanks for the "reminder."

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
thanks for the ideas novise and well.

sounds like good explanations!!

new topics

top topics

join