It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe urged into Iran jail rape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Probe urged into Iran jail rape

news.bbc.co.uk

A defeated opposition candidate in Iran's presidential election has called for an investigation into allegations some protesters were raped in prison.

Mr Karroubi wrote that both male and female detainees had been raped, with some suffering serious injuries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A defeated opposition leader has called for an investigation into allegations that protestors were raped in Iranian prisons. These rapes are an attempt by the opposition to show that shameful behaviour is taking place in prisons in Iran. The allegation may not be true

The leaders of the opposition might have the Iran govt going after them.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It was inevitable... the regime keep pushing and pushing people, and something has to give. It's ironic how before the election nobody would dare criticise the regime, and now we get members of the opposition openly criticising them nearly every day, and some of them are Ayatollah's themselves.

This shows Iran has come a long way since June, and the people are close to getting the freedom they want.

If Mousavi is arrested it would be a mistake for the regime, but they are getting good at messing up and angering Iranian's even more. So yeah they probably would arrest the opposition leaders by name, but they'll find that there isn't a real leader and that all opposition Iranian's are leading themselves.

And this would lead to even greater magnitude of protests, and what needs to happen is for protestors to take the TV station, then checkmate and everybody goes out on the streets celebrating and the basij/police give-up.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

nothing shows anything. the only reliable thing is the yellow flowers on my tomatoe plants.
Man....I just...geez...I just don't care about the middle east anymore.
boycott the middle east.
...kuz if we didn't care, how could they tax us?
they can't manipulate my sympathy if i have none, on the outside.

edit: "they" is spelled they, not we.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by john124

nothing shows anything. the only reliable thing is the yellow flowers on my tomatoe plants.
boycott the middle east.
...kuz if we didn't care, how could we tax us?

If you don't have Iranian contacts then you probably won't make much sense of the western media. Sometimes the media is accurate, other times it's not even close!

Western media reporting often makes you think nothing is happening because there are no protests or protests are in small numbers. But there is much going on underground, and even organising a small demonstration and disappearing after a short while will exhaust the basij, as they'll have to go out patrolling the area anyway. It's a cat and mouse game the opposition are playing, and the cat will end up with its tail in the mouse-trap

[edit on 10-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by john124

boycott the middle east.
...kuz if we didn't care, how could we tax us?

Your on the same page of the same book as myself. My governments actions and interests are not representative of my own interests or desired action/s. I feel confident in saying it is not what our peoples want either.

My feeling today is... 'let them learn from there own mistakes instead of trying to solve their problems for them. At the same time we're stopping them learning the lessons that elude them and their representatives.'

Thank you for portraying the words perhaps better than I would have done.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Goddam i don't care what media outlet is coming from.
it has been proven that there is no media without bias, imo. therefore, i see no need to buy in to either side.
i'm from canada and my opinion is, pull out. canaidians are dying, and i've yet to see one article where afghanis thank canadian soldiers. I find it hard to beleive such information would be suppressed considering it would be conducisive to the nwo goal, and therefore i call shenanigans on the whole goddamn thing.
nope, don't care anymore.
i'll join the army when someone invades, and thats it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

man i'm tired of it. I'm tired of being tricked into caring.....

it is the other side of the world....i'm not making money off it......

therefore, it aint me, and since it aint, i don't care.

Not anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

"Not any more" are the key words I missed out on, well said. I'm ashamed to admit at first I bought into the self righteous 'we're helping' bull.

top topics

join