It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat And Crow Best Friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There are so many videos with different kinds of animals getting along when normally they wouldn't. What do you make of this behavior? I think it's awesome and was wondering what others thought.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Night Star]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wow... that's.. something..

Never seen anything like that

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Very interesting and heart warming story, maybe humans could learn

something here!!!

Thanks for posting S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm so grumpy, upset, concerned all the time these days - thanks for posting this and reminding me that no matter how awful the 'world' feels - there are still things worth smiling over.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think it means that animals, like us, have conscious thought and can choose to like/dislike or fear/embrace anything they so desire.

Just because we feel the need to label everything and claim it to be true doesn't make it entirely so. It warms my heart to see at least the beings that we believe to be inferior minded taking on an issue that we find hard to comprehend: companionship.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful comments!
Here's another cool one.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh wow, look at these animals!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Cool thread. If that's not tugging at your heart strings, then you don't have a heart.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
.....inhales...ahhhhhh
nice.
thx, op, for reasons already said.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Those clips brought a tear to an old hard a$$es eye.

Too choked up for a second line.... ;-)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Don't know how anyone could watch this and not realize the spirit in the animal is not different than their own. The form and function of the body is different but the animator, the spirit, is the same essence. There are lots of videos that are showing that the basic intelligence in animals is not far removed from humans.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Man those clips are heartbreaking, and sickening at the same time.
It confronts me with the question, why the hell are we humans killing each other?

Beautiful

Star and Flag

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow, that's really amazing. I've never really thought about something like this happening with a bird and a cat, or a cat mother, accepting baby squirrels. When, I was in Europe, I found a homeless kitten, and my grandmother told me that if it was to survive, the mother cat we had, who had 3 kittens, would need to accept it. Thank god it was. Things like this, just make you wonder, if what we think of animals, is really fair enough to them.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Animals like cats or crows aint so smart...but i think they are smart enough to be individuals and make choices in life.Last time my cat and a bird mingled my cat brought it in half dead...so its hardly a universal trait just like humans.Course cats bringing in animals is a good sign and shows respect.Anyway..penguins adopt little penguins if they don't have a mum and dad(sometimes they trample them to death in desperation though) some of the ape family do also...In the end i think its wrong to label animals as this or that,but also remember that they can vary and their actions are not universal.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Crows are the most amazing birds. I think they are one of the most amazing animals there is. I have been observing Crows for years and they are so smart.

They are also birds of omens and are of a spiritual nature.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Omg, that's so adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

Here's a video about Koko the gorilla and her cat, All Ball:

Um, sorry that video is kinda depressing.

Here's a more upbeat one:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow what a great way to start the day.

Also, like another person said I hope people can learn from this too. Thank you for posting this op.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh, thank you all so much for your thoughts and comments. Thanks also for sharing more animal vids. The story of Koko and the kitten is just astounding! Especially since she can communicate her feelings.

I was wondering if this has always been the way with some animals, the one's who do not follow natural instincs of their type. Is this something evolutionary? Just wondering.

Wish more people would come to this thread to see and share.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OK that's seriously cute - it was the real rough housing that sealed it for me, that's a real trust they have there. I've kept birds and cats, I know how incompatible their basic instincts are - I guess what you have there is 2 young and intelligent animals that started a friendship with no real pre existing conception of the nature of the other animal.

That's a good 'nature vs nurture' example...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Wow, that was too cool. I've never seen that before. I am shocked, but not in disbelief; as thanks to You I've seen it S&F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join