It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, seriously, WAKE UP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I find religion to be accomplishing the exact OPPOSITE as it claims to be...

I have made a short vidoe about my opinion of this, and after watching it we can begin the discussion...

I am not an athiest, and I do believe in God, but religion makes it seem dirty and wrong...... (in my opinion)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Most religions have been infiltrated by the enemy from long ago, and like everything else knowledge has been suppressed from the people all so they can say they are the righteous ones. Just like our own governments throughout the world who knows what secrets they have hidden away all because they think it will upset their social structure. Your faith in God does not depend on what building you go to pray in or who is ministering the good word. Religious wars are another tool to divide the faithful. Hopefully someday more will be shown the way but for those who do know, know all these things must happen so fear not

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Dear mellisamouse

Spot on as far as I am concerned, just one BIG problem they are human and sorry but hey just can not help it. The Church all of them just spells Power and Cash. Always has and always will.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Lets assume that God exists.
Lets assume that then, satan exists.
Lets then assume that there are men who don't think they're smarter than satan.
These are the men that question religion...op, in my mind, is a christian soldier.
It may be a "spriritual soldier" in your mind, however, that doesn't take anything away from the fact that we have the same goal.
Unite.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, thanks for watching guys.

Yeah, I prefer "spiritual" because religion has turned the word "christain" into an almost dirty word.....

I have a spin on what I think the ANIT-CHRIST, is too.... I think it is ANTI-CHRISTIAN, or ANTI-RELIGION, which is a GOOD thing, that yeas MUST come first.....

I think that the anti-christ (by the definition I have in MY head) must come before the end, and before ANY global move towards changing things back into a "paradise on earth" because without the anti-religion, people are never going to get back to spirituality...

There are many people who even consider themselves "athiests" who are way more spiritual that these pharasee, judgemental, condemning "christians" these day.......they are not Christ deciples at all...

Good thing Jesus never called his followers "christians" but instead "deciples"....because I do not want to be labled a chritian EVER, even thoguh it is my goal to be spiritual; like he taught etc...

Does that make sens at all to anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mankind has brainwashed society into believing that 'religion' is affiliated with Jesus and God.

Contrary, mankind IS who is responsible for creating "religion"(s).

Hence, society now sees a money begging tv preacher and will use that as a tool to bash anyone that believes in God.

That's like using Charles Manson to bash all white males.
Or all California males.
Or all crazy people.

God created HIS laws - mankind is the one who came along and decided to re-arrange and re-write things. And for his (mankinds) own agenda, as usual.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And for his (mankinds) own agenda, as usual.

Yeah! exactly!!! His own frigging agenda! makes me sick!!!!

Then they write their agenda and spout it on the rest of us with arrogance, and wonder why we aren't going against our own intuition, logic, and instinct, to follow them like sheep!

yeah, I think I am a bit bitter at religiousness...lol....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by mellisamouse

Sure if you blame a concept for people acting how they would act anyway if that concept didn't exist. They would just use a different concept as justificationexcuse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I agree - be bitter @ religion-ness (lol) but not at God - who had, and has, nothing to do with mankind trying to play God, as usual.

There is one Holy Bible - on Earth. But if you go to your local Barnes/Noble, you'll see dozens of books claiming to be "bibles".

They even have a "Gay & Lesbian" bible out now. Tells its readers that they, too, can be gay and not feel ANY guilt.
Tells them that nowhere in the Bible does it mention anything
about homosexuality being a sin.

No wonder our planet's time is about up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

yeah, no doubt time is up. lol...

I was bitter at God for a while, but thatnk God (him) lol, he is patient for us to see with our own eyes and knowing what it really WAS I was mad at...

I look back to being a child, and before reading any bible, already knowing all of those principles in my heart....

Then at 18 started reading the bible for myself, and still, it was great!

THEN my demise came when I went searching for which "church" to go to.... then the JW's got involved, and all the other religions, and I was about ready to snap...

Almost wanted to be an athiest after that, lol.....but just couldn't stop my gut knowing their WAS a creator of the universe etc, but this religion thing messed me right up! lol...

new topics

top topics

join