It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Mexico Clash On Trade, Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

US, Mexico Clash On Trade, Drugs

www.voanews.com

The U.S. president expressed strong support for Mr. Calderon's efforts to fight drug cartels. But President Calderon said the United States should move faster to send Mexico the $1.4 billion it has promised over three years to counter organized crime. One hundred million dollars of that money is being delayed because some U.S. lawmakers are concerned about alleged human rights abuses by the Mexican army.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So the 'neighbors' will meet again. North American Union leaders again discussing Mexico's out of control cartels. How sweet that America must be a 'helpful neighbor', by sending cash to Mexico.

Kinda reminds me of when Holder wanted to limit guns even more, to US citizens, because Mexico couldn't control it's own criminals. Whatever.

We might as well call these guys the 'Three Amigos'. Harper, Obama, and Calderon. We might as well have our North American Union right now. What good is sovereignty and borders when illegals free-flow where they want anyway, and the US has to send cash to Mexico. I don't see them offering to pay us for their citizens' use of our freebies. $#@! Mexico.

Bring on the NAU!

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
1.4 billion dollars is really going to accomplish a lot in a corrupt third world country where the illicit drug trade makes around 50 billion a year (and that's a conservative estimate) This whole thing is pretty lol worthy with Mexico screwing us out of money for another failed American war.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My guess, is Mexico sees everyone else with their hands out, for handouts (bailouts). So they figure 'Hey, why not us too?'.

Cute that the US is in deep trouble financially, yet it keeps handing out cash that doesn't exist. We are already seeing inflation..... I can just imagine how much more we will see, if the whole system doesn't just collapse altogether.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Drugs are in fact our governments number one revenue source especially in funding those special projects nobody knows about. I mean come on the cartel can kill 7 FBI agents and only a few arrests are made. The money we promised is just investment in the mary jane business. Our al-queda operatives in afghanistan almost lost our cut of the opium trade so we had to go to war over there. And people wonder why they don't legalize the green leaf..... No profit for powers to be ..... they can't tax it unless you have a medical card and if it were to be made legal without the use of the card whoever wanted to could grow it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Legalize everything. Drug cartels dissolve overnight.

No product, no sales, no money. Easy as that.

The only reason there is so much value is the illegality of the act, once its legal, there's no billion dollar profits to train and supply armies. No reason to kill eachother, and no reason to corrupt the politicians.

Essentially, I wish my kids could grow up in a society where all drugs are legal, because it's the byproducts of the black market economy which bring real harm, not the drugs themselves. This is proven infinitely through statistics.

Too bad the 3 letter agencies make too much money off importing the drugs, selling then seizing the drugs, then reselling, then seizing then reselling. Not to mention all the private property they get for free thanks to asset forfeiture laws.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I wish my kids could grow up in a society where all drugs are legal, because it's the byproducts of the black market economy which bring real harm, not the drugs themselves.

And furthermore, it would actually be harder for your kids to get access to drugs in a society with no prohibition: store clerks check ID's, drug dealers don't.

TA

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072because it's the byproducts of the black market economy which bring real harm, not the drugs themselves.

This is the simplest, most amazing, quote/argument I've seen to-date.

=)

I'm going to use this one! Hope you don't mind!

[edit on 10-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

top topics

join