It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT - Is Obama Punking Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

NYT - Is Obama Punking Us?

www.nytimes.com

What disturbs Americans of all ideological persuasions is the fear that almost everything, not just government, is fixed or manipulated by some powerful hidden hand, from commercial transactions as trivial as the sales of prime concert tickets to cultural forces as pervasive as the news media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey all,

I've been reading the boards for a long time, but this is my first post. Frank Rich wrote quite an eye-opening op-ed in the New York Times yesterday about the Obama administration's ties to the corporate world. Old news for us - I know - and I certainly don't agree with everything Rich has to say in his columns, but to read something like this in a newspaper that has lost nearly all of its credibility in recent years is a (slight) breath of fresh air. We must all be suspicious of the information that is presented to us in the mainstream media nowadays, but we must not assume that the same propagandist tactics apply to all. I believe that there are still many legitimate journalists out there who are working day and night to tell us the truth about what's going on in our society.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well of course he is punking us, he's not for socialized capitalism he's flat out a Marxist and rapidly becoming a terrible president of the kind that will make Bush look good before this is all over.

Not one thing has changed our freedoms get less and less everyday and inevitably the American people are going to make a giant poop storm over it...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

How could anyone make Bush look good ?

The rest sounds like festering hatred, imo

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
reply to post by mopusvindictus

How could anyone make Bush look good ?

By not repealing Bush's Laws.

Then passing even worse ones.

That's how.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Who has benefited thus far from this regime? obama talked a lot about leveling the playing field and providing for those who don't have as much but i'm not sure if that has taken place. certainly unemployment insurance has been extended, and fed help with cobra health insurance payments, but has this administration actually helped anybody besides unions, bankers, wall street and other large corporate entities? i know some temporary jobs have been created by the stimulus bill but that's about it.

no question in my mind that he is the process of installing a marxist regime where a small group of people hold all the power over every aspect of life and control over how money is spent.

but that's not what this thread is about. being a fossil, i didn't know what "punking" means so i looked it up on wikipedia. it says it means playing a prank, a joke. I don't think what obama is doing is a prank. i don't think he's kidding around or at some point going to say gotcha! and then get serious. i think he is deadly serious about what he's doing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think the writer of the article makes a good point towards the end when he says that people are more concerned with Obama being just another corporate shill as opposed to a real reformer.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Bush killed other people mostly...

This guy is doing things that will Kill us...

Now in fairness, both are murderers and one will not actually be worse morally than the other...

But this guy, he will affect me...

Doing zero about big corporations but taxing us at a range and level that will make small business impossible and yet Billion plus corporations will own us for labor

Loss of freedom and control of my health from vaccinations to choice perhaps of my own provider or decisions that are made...

Forced servitude to the state... sure small, kids have to do labor to "unite us" It wont end there...

formation of a civil defense "as powerful as the army" but on our soil? to defend against what? Canada?

I dislike any politician

Frankly I can't believe in anyone who would WANT that kind of power, you must be innately ego maniacal

so... yeah

perhaps my first statement stands... worse than Bush

because this time they are coming for us...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well yeah

Bush was biggest Power grab in history as i see it

and this guy hasn't returned one bit of the power and he is grabbing more...

like a virtual demi god you can't even question what he does...

frankly

It's like Bush paved the way for this guy... it's creepy honestly

top topics

join