It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Freemasons...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Hey back to the OP.....I am WM of my lodge, and I owned a Masonary (see difference) company for several years....

Sadly, my skills are not up to par with the guys that worked for me, but I can work as an "Operative Mason" if necessary!

I'm a carpenter, and although I'm not a mason, A&F or O, but I have to comment that it's nice to see a craftsman at the top of his company giving credit to the men who helped him build it.

If I could give you two stars, I would.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Im a Freemason and on several occasions throughout my life have built fireplaces , foundations, poured concrete built chimneys , etc. Nothing fancy like Solomons Temple however. More of an operative handyman

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I considered joining the masons but in the end opted to join that ancient organisation, The Carpenters. . .
Are motto is, "You Wood Woodn't you!"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

lol.. funny..

I have done a bit of stone laying in landscaping but nothing that a Mason would consider truly Masonary work. I was always better at taking care of plants really.. my deck garden was perfect until 110 degree sun cooked all my part/sun plants to crispy brown stalks. I am not used to this climate yet

Flame away boys, I am a Mason who excels at growing flowers.. the ladies dig it though.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And after
theat was a worthy kynge
in Englond was callyd
Athelstone and his yong
est one lovyd well the
ciens of Gemetry. and
he wyst well hand craft
had the practyke of sci
ens of Gemetry to well
as masons wherefore he
drewe hym consell and ler
nyd practyke of sciens
to his speculatyf.
For of speculatyfe he was a master
and he lovyd well ma
sonry and masons. And
he bicome a mason hym
selfe. And he yaf hem charges
and names as hit is now
vsyd id Englond. and in
othere countries. And he
ordyned that they schulde haue
resonabull pay. And pur
chased a fre patent of the kyng
that they schoulde make a
sembly whan thei sawe re-
sonably tyme a cu to gedir to
here counselle of the whiche
Charges manors & semble
as is write and taught in the
boke of our charges wher
for I leue hit at this tyme.

The Matthew Cooke Manuscript (The British Museum’s "Additional M.S. 23,198").

This manuscript is dated c.1450. It is a transcript of a much older document and written by a Free Mason in the Anglo-Saxon tongue. Athelstan was King of Britain and lived AD895 -939. There were several versions of the Charges to a Free Mason in circulation at the time. Speth writes that it is "far and away the earliest, best and purest version of the 'Old Charges' which we possess."

It proves, at least, that "speculative" Free Masonry existed in 1450 when this was penned, and that if it was a fair copy of an Anglo-Saxon document from long before this date.

This operative/speculative nonsense is just a rather crude attempt to justify the self-creation of The Grand Lodge of London in 1717 by suggesting that Free Masonry prior to this date was not speculative free masonry and may therefore be disregarded.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

"....does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" That would have been funny atleast.

That's where I thought it was going.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by KSigMason]

Me to....7..........when of 7.......?hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join