It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
just outta curiosity OP, but could you identify the areas where hard right christians have ruined almost everything in the country (keeping in mind that the country has been traditionally christian and pagan since its inception and the further back you go historically, the harder right it was).

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047

I honestly don't remember it ever being like it has been lately. I clicked on hot topics and it's all about the driest political issues with no sense of wonder like the good ole days.

It almost seems like the bread and butter topics of ATS's golden era which included:

UFOs, bigfoot, the lochness monster, ghosts, time travel, super string theory, the eleventh dimension, the multiverse, the mothman, dopplegangers, remote viewing, men in black, flight 19, roswell, betty and barney hill, the lavender lady, champ, bob lazar, secret space stations, mother ships, John Lears crazy stories about soul catchers (i miss his stories alot), ancient civilizations on mars, glass domes on the moon, the NWO, jim morrison's death, hollow earth theory, the city of atlantis, Lemuria, telekenesis, the jersey devil, camp hero, denver airport, and of course -- the reptillians -- have all but disappeared.

These were the topics that ATS was fouinded on and I couldn't wait to get home to log on and see what exciting new adventure or mystery that needed to be unraveled on this top flight conspiracy website.

Now it's been replaced with Obama this or healthcare that and the people reading off pages and pages of boring statistics from downloaded pdfs so they can fuel their rage about how wrong the left/right is for backing their man/woman in office.

Nobody should insult anyone's religious or pollitical beliefs but I believe the intentions of the original poster was more along these lines about what ATS use to be like in it's earlier days.

ATS is many things to many people and everybody should be respected for their views even if we don't agree with them.

Love and peade to you all.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ATS has died in the arse in recent years. been here since 04.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
You know what is going to be said?

Rise above it. Make ATS the place you want it to be. If you can't, don't let the door hit ya'.

I tend to agree. ATS doesn't give off pheromones that attract a certain politic-moth - if things are changing here, consider that they are changing everywhere...

When frogs stops singing, we don't blame the frogs... we blame the environment.

Now I don't actually follow US politics, it could bore me no less than it does. So I don't know how the OP see's things.

BUT I do see a great trend in arrogance, ignorance and smug posters.

I'm a lurker - from long ago. And see most of the problems have an attribute that ties them together "Registered: 2009".

It's strange to see the grass grow yet the weeds take over...

(edit wee bits)

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

ats belongs to:

phage
jkrog
schroedinger's dog
warrenb
skyfloating
.....and king9072 or whatever even tho he hates me kuz i luv jesus....Joking!!!!

Ahaha, there are definitely a few mods who have banned me in time passed that would disagree with my making of your list.

And there's no hate, I just don't agree with your religious views. I even expanded on something you said in a thread the other night, cause you were bang on the issue. Your a clever cat, just wish you would take more time to put your mind to work cause I know the results would be well worth sharing to this community. Additionally, if I recall correct your from BC and that always scores some points

But, as I scanned through these last few pages here, I notice that it has gone off track, and division has once against created squabbling. Now I just took the time to write a thread about this, but I see it demonstrated in this thread. And that's unfortunate. The longer we continue in this fashion, the slower we are to progress. Bottom line.

Absolutely agreed and relevent. However, I find the insinuated and ideolically robotic line of thinking that you share, which is dig a hundred feet and call victory amidst 150ft of potetnial, to be a little bit presumptuous.
Remember when you asked what thread you should do and i razzed ya?
I had no confusion as to the quality of your threads, it's just that your worst enemy is seeing yourself as the number one disseminator of such.
We are a team, all of us.
I believe there are aliens, but there are no correspondingly convincing alien threads.
I believe in the nwo, simply by defining the FED
I believe in Jesus, because I saw him that one time

I just stated three things.
One will cause us to be divisive but it is irrelevant.

your next threat, king: nuances of the human phyche that allow like minded individuals to turn against each other.
don't mean to sound morrose, morosse..?....but if trivialites are recognized they can just as easily be surmounted. ..
If division is rampant, let those who recognize address just that in a thread of their own.
try to explain chaos, that is to say.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The irony of it all. When ATS was smaller and less well known it seems that the conversations were smarter and held honest opinions.

The larger and potentially more influential it has become, the less worthy it has become of that influence due to the influence of the more numerous detractors of dubious intention.

... but the battle goes on.

I find irony in this post.

When ATS was smaller and needed less control it was better.

Now it is larger and needs more control it is worse.

Yet whenever things change to toe in the renegade elements, screams of oppression are heard and even from members dating back to 2004.

It's a no win situation.

THE MEMBERS ARE JUST AS CAPABLE OF CENSORING THEMSELVES as a mod is to do that job.

If more members were proactive in reporting TOC violations, we wouldn't need 10 mods per section.

If we police ourselves under the regime of decent, fair, co-operative discussion, mods could put their hats up and sit back for a change.

Too often people just let things slide. U2U a member with a concern, failing that, use the complaint feature when a poster is absolutely being an impertinent distractor. Don't leave it up to the mods to find out later.

How things were in 2003/2004 are not the same now. a Small forum has become a global forum.

We have only ourselves as members to rely on - if we ignore problems we see with our own eyes here on ATS and wait for MODS to come in with a chux and some draino, all we'll get is complaints of harsh overbearing mistreatment.

One thing to remember is, abuse of the system leads to that system being pointless.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

I love you all the same SaraThustra. I do apologize, I see now that I've used the WRONG choice of words in order to describe my reservations of recent happenings on the website. On that note your right but on the other hand how is what you just implied about me any different? You perceive fault in me thats not even there which is to say that it only exists in your mind. So quick to judge and condemn. It seems that you've already told yourself that you know me or know exactly how I am.

"Why do you see the splinter in your brothers eye but not the log in your own?" ~ Jesus
Or how about "He without sin cast the first stone." ~ Same Person.

Nazi???!!! Really??? You're so wrong on so many levels and I see from your other posts how you like to throw around the NAZI analogies. You took the ONE negative word I included and tried to exploit it. Sad that you have to resort to those kind of tactics.(Let the record show that YOU'RE the one talking about NAZIs and shooting people and such.) But thats neither here nor there. Sticks and stones love.....

A FLOWER FOR YOU.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by InthekNOwla]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I couldn't have said it better myself.

A Flower For YOU.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InthekNOwla
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I couldn't have said it better myself.

A Flower For YOU.

Thank you friend, I do love flowers. There sure are a lot of beautiful things in this world to enjoy and love.

Even in difficult times it sure can make a difference in one's state of mind and happiness to slow down a bit and smell the flowers and enjoy a bit of the here and now!

Flower power is of course all about loving and not warring.

Much obliged!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Your post is right on except for what exactly defines policing? Is not one side disagreeing with the other policing? No?
The whole idea around free speech is that ther should be no preconcieved parameters. period.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wholeheartedly agree with you, but commercialization seems part of the site's strategy, which doesn't make me surprised that this would be the logical consequence.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I totally agree. S and F.
To me it seems god and jesus are somehow brought into every thread on here nowadays.

My only question is: Why do Christians/Muslims/Jews even come to ATS? (Mostly the Christian right as you say is what I am referring to though.)
Surely ATS does not reinforce their dogma or beliefs.

I suppose you can believe in UFO's and JC, but I think that's not the case for most of them - it's just another avenue to force their crap on everyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
THE MEMBERS ARE JUST AS CAPABLE OF CENSORING THEMSELVES as a mod is to do that job.

If more members were proactive in reporting TOC violations, we wouldn't need 10 mods per section.

If we police ourselves under the regime of decent, fair, co-operative discussion, mods could put their hats up and sit back for a change.

Starring this.

Totally agree.

I've been a member of ATS since the old ezboard days...something like 9 years ago. Gee - really need a hobbie...and I'm sure the wife would agree...

But I completely agree with your reply.

The *quality* of ATS is something I'd like to think each and every one of us, be we Member or Mod, takes some responsibility for.

Yes indeed you'll get your fair share of those who just come here to rark people up, who see it as a point of entertainment to get peoples blood pressure up...but as you say its for each of us to take some responsibility for helping keep our house clean too.

We Mods can't be everywhere, and often due to the sheer size of the forum we're really only alerted to issues when someone sends up a 'Bat Signal' via an Alert/Complaint to us.
We Mods are also by no means perfect in the action we take...half the time we spend taking action, the other half is often trading u2us with people who may disagree with whatever action we take.

My take on it is this: Ultimately what happens in some ways can come down to what we ALLOW to happen. What we ACCEPT.

An analogy:
I have a friend who is in a bit of a crappy relationship. Her partner is quite a prick to be honest, treats her real poorly.
She often talks to me and other friends about this guy and yes while noone deserved to be treated poorly I also think "Well, the guy kinda treats you like that in some way because thats what you allow him to do. You overlook somethings which aren't acceptable...for whatever reason...and thats now his accepted norm of engagement with you.
Break up with the guy, or let him know its not acceptable - don't play his game"

...same kinda deal in some ways...really ATS is what we make it. I know that sounds all cliche and everything, but it is.

Love that saying of Gandhis "Be the change you want to see"

Another classic: "Don't feed the trolls" and "Don't take the bait".

If someone is casting you a line...try not to snap up the hook.
Just roll on, Alert it, or even better - respond in a polite fashion and rebutt their post, not them. Post not the Poster.

If they wish to sink into the mud and start flinging mudpies at people then please, what ever you do, don't get down and dirty with them...as all that will lead to will be both of you getting dragged off to the showers and hosed down.

Totally acknowledge that some posters you just wanna slap upside the head. Oh yes. If there was a cyber-slap button included as an option on ATS you KNOW it'll be one of the most used features ever!

Another thing to consider is this: Your *truth* is your *truth*. Not everyone is going to agree with it. Thats cool...no worries...but also some respect for other peoples *truth* needs to happen as well.
Too often we see people being called Sheeple, MSM Stoolies, Disinfo Agents etc etc etc....why? What does that really achieve?
Seriously - you win no arguments via personal attack.
Any engagement - I'd hope - is an opportunity for learning...for ALL parties involved.

Anyhoo...

Peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Simply AWESOME.

A Flower For YOU.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

?? yikes. why do you come here? i wasn't born with a label pasted on my head. maybe you were?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I was going to post on another similar thread but didn't. I feel as though this site has gone downhill in just the last year. I didn't want to post earlier so as not to say that there seems to be a different caliber of people posting. Call me a snob but there seems to be allot of mindless subjects and attitudes. I could say allot more but won't right now. Thank you for for posting.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm new to sign up on ATS but have occasionally been reading here for a few years,but it is obvious that as the price of the pc has come down over the past few years more and more average people now have access to the net,myself included though i have had access for nearly 10 years.However the net has gradually seen an increase in more average people using it and this is were we are

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
so i take it there's a common concensus between some of you that "christians" "jews" and "muslims" should just avoid ATS because they are not the right caliber of people, have no use for the data, and have no real reason to have an opinion on the data, other than perhaps to cause trouble?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Agree tread auther

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I used to feel a sense that the people on here one could learn from, very occasionally that feeling still comes across but it is rare indeed - the overwhelming tone now is profound stupidity - absolutely NO referencing, rather people are waging campaigns - there is no desire to stick to a thread rather create as many as possible to simply RACK UP FLAGS - this is without doubt the WORST thing that has happened.

There are people on this site who simply rehash ideas over and over, thread after thread, example : anti- global warming theorists. Instead of arguing the point in a single thread - literally hundreds are created as though flooding the board will prove them right. No interest in well researched, counter arguments - just ad hominem attacks and then another new thread - why - to rack up FLAGS.

The same types will also dig up news from months ago - "where has all the tarp money gone" - and then post it - it is ridiculous.

But the worst part is that ATS mods have dual accounts and masquerade as normal posters to get their AGENDAS across - I can point out one person in particular who has been clearly identified as doing this - but mentioning it gets deleted - so it kind of makes the whole site ridiculous -

Anyway - just read the recent post board, see if there is any breaking news and then head over to the real websites, with real people who KNOW what they are talking about : happy to povide a list of dozens of sites that have taken up the mantle of where ATS USED to be and are kicking goals.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know who "that ATS mod is whow masquerades
as a normal blogger - happy to provide the details for the old ignore button -

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join