It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
lonegunmen.. how about the left wing crazy nut jobs that have invaded here the other times? singling out everyone except the right is utter BS.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
exactly silo13!

amazing... at first i thought this was a joke post and purposely contradictory. but i was befuddled once i realized the OP was serious!

actually this guy is so good, I don't know why he wastes his time as a firefighter when he could applying his mastery of all things to more noble causes.

reading the OP's further replies in this thread is quite entertaining as he loves to tell us of his masterful skill set which leads to his seasoned perception and analysis of all things... which he so kindly shares, or shall i say, 'blesses' us with.

also his back peddling, i mean clarification of his original post is my favorite element from this ATS master. i mean

'didn't you read it', you've taken it out of context of course, and he meant something totally different than what you thought you read.

my favorites highlights from the lonegunner:

Its more than an opinion...I am also a gifted intuitive, when I am not doing my duty as a Firefighter I do readings for people. The right wing movement is in this time for a reason. They are here at this time to bring the dark so we can see where the light is coming from.

A gifted intuitive! How did you determine you are gifted? Did you take some intuitive test which allows you to proclaim your cut above the rest of the average intuitives? Man oh man, why don't you give me a reading right now. I will be honest and tell you how correct you are, I promise! Or I bet you don't have time to do mine huh... DARN
i guess its back to Madam Cloey from the psychic friends network.

I am not dualistic in nature at all I am of the big picture. I can step back far enough to look at the mosaic to be able to point out where certain individuals are stuck.

i sleep better at night knowing that if I get stuck at night, you will be there for me with your intuitive abilities to help me get unstuck!

I am on the FRONT line of this world blowing apart...I KNOW the score.

wow! i guess being on the front line you are too busy to get my gf's cat out of a tree.

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You took one line of what I said and took it out of context, so in a sense you did the same thing.

Take it out of context? What is there to take out of context when you describes a belief system as ‘zombies’ and pigeon holes then as “right wingers”? lol

From the get go your original post begins name calling and then digresses into calling Christians zombies and right wingers.

EXACTLY what I'm getting sick of on ATS.

That I bring it to your attention in a adult manner with no mud slinging in return, no pigeon holing is doing the same thing?

Not.

Have you ever heard the phrase you can dish it out but can't take it?

You are, a perfect example, of what is wrong on ATS these days by your own words and biases.

Or is it acceptable to bash and pigeon hole the Christians and no one else?

Fail.

Don't bother responding, it’s time for you to quit digging.

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

ats belongs to:

phage
jkrog
schroedinger's dog
warrenb
skyfloating
.....and king9072 or whatever even tho he hates me kuz i luv jesus....Joking!!!!

ATS belongs to who?

Some people dont have time to post as much as others.

To make a statement like that is just not right.

ATS belongs to everyone....the posters you mentioned will get bored and not post as much either.

It also depends on what forums you hang out in.

Hope this post was not to off topic but if that was all you could do to contribute its kind of sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Well then in that case this isn'ta new problem. The isreal palestin issue was at least, if not more so, distracting. My problem is all thse vets comin' around talkin' about how it was back in the day....then you never hear from them again.

but my point is....it's all well and good to come along and whine and complain...myself, i'm an organizer...i organizer the doers, and there's a lot of doers on this site that blow my mind, and some of them, yes, SOME of them, talk about politics.

if it wasn't important, for instance, there would be nothing to talk about......

all others have no right to bitch.

ATS belongs to you too, heyo!

I only met you 20 minutes ago and I already enjoy your posts.

There will always be some people or certain cliques that try to dominate this and that but who cares...

There's plenty of room for all of us including me and you.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
exactly silo13!

actually this guy is so good, I don't know why he wastes his time as a firefighter when he could applying his mastery of all things to more noble causes.

Edit to not respond emotionally to a troll.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helghast1
lonegunmen.. how about the left wing crazy nut jobs that have invaded here the other times? singling out everyone except the right is utter BS.

Jeft/Right...It;s all the same. Open your eyes. Bush and Obama both take their marching orders from the same owners of this nation, the facist elite. They steal our life's savings and keep us distracted with the 'ol Left/Right arguments.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Edit - To not respond emotionally to a troll.
2nd line

[edit on 10-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

No, what is sad is that you are literally behaving like a shock-jock bitching about the latest Marylin Manson concert.
2nd line

As you said before.

Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here... I have a very profoundly simple idea for all ATSers from here on out.

1) Start threads with relevant and documented EVIDENCE or FACTS...and discuss.

2) Dogma cannot be prove, so why discuss it on and on and like like it has any connection or is the glue that decides any of the topics from advice #1 ^^^^^ above?

3) Talking about myths and speculating about the future has a 99.9999999999999% of not happening in most threads I've seen....why do it?

4) If you start a thread with words like "Breaking", "OMG look now", "URGENT", or "EMERGENCY" or any other fear based word, your thread should be *SNIP* canned if it your thread doesn't deserve it's title.

5) Remind Dogmatists and Theists alike that facts are facts and theories about speculations about theories about ideas about speculations about rumors about theories about SPECULATIONS....make you look silly and waste time while coming to no provable conclusion or sharing of 'truth'.

In other words....*SNIP* or get off the pot.

*Mod Edit - Nope on the swears. Cheers -alien

[edit on 10-8-2009 by alien]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

We need more HARD WORKERS on this site, and yes, if i whine about it, i'll have to start working hard around here so as not to sound like fool, if i even still have that option lol.
what i'm saying is that information around here, the good stuff, is ninety percent the same ten individuals. They research and give us a piece of the cake and we take off of what they say. Whether it be stars, flags, or whatever.

....a thread is started...usually followed by those who concur, which makes sense...followed by sombody that doesn't, and said person had a hundred stars beside his post.

repeat.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Deal with what?

The fact you are doing the same thing you complain about?

And laugh about it. Yeah, ham it up. Oh yeah, I edited my post as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Here... I have a very profoundly simple idea for all ATSers from here on out.

1) Start threads with relevant and documented EVIDENCE or FACTS...and discuss.

2) Dogma cannot be prove, so why discuss it on and on and like like it has any connection or is the glue that decides any of the topics from advice #1 ^^^^^ above?

3) Talking about myths and speculating about the future has a 99.9999999999999% of not happening in most threads I've seen....why do it?

4) If you start a thread with words like "Breaking", "OMG look now", "URGENT", or "EMERGENCY" or any other fear based word, your thread should be s**t canned if it your thread doesn't deserve it's title.

5) Remind Dogmatists and Theists alike that facts are facts and theories about speculations about theories about ideas about speculations about rumors about theories about SPECULATIONS....make you look silly and waste time while coming to no provable conclusion or sharing of 'truth'.

In other words....S**T or get off the pot.

No...thanks.
second line

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Okay I thought about if I was going to post this or not, but I am, I'm just going to point out the obvious hypocrisy that this represents.

Let's start out with a few replies to this thread:

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Good thread,

the right wingers always do ruin the fun. I had a good time on this site while it lasted...but thanks to racists and Obama haters...this site has gone down the tubes.

Good job idiots.

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

I'm no fan of Obama, I'm a Libertarian at heart, but I really was put off by his other words. He seemed like a COMPLETE A-1 Jesus Juicer. And I thought ATS followed that thought judging by many comments and threads started. I mean, these don't even seem like your Christian Libertarian types, they seem even MORE right winger nutsy than that.

The 'anti-Obama' and 'overthrow Obama' groups will stoop to any dirty trick. They believe 'everyone else' is stupid and can be swayed by online rhetoric, scandal-mongering, downright lies verging on defamation.

And they'll do all in their power to have those who stand up to their standover tactics removed, discredited, censored, in this and other fora.

The last two posts aren't their whole posts. But how can you sit there honestly make a thread about "christian right wingers" that have invaded the site, with what I have just quoted from other posters on this thread?

I still believe what I posted earlier, but you know what I think? I think the same people that whine and complain about this stuff are the same people that are instigating it, and then when the people they are attacking turn it around on them they can't handle it and start making threads like these.

From my brief observation from just this thread, I have seen that some people are willing to resort to the same tactics that they don't like being used on them that they themselves are using.

A lot of the pot calling the kettle black is what I see. And quite honestly, it ruins any credibility of the notion that any site has been invaded by a certain "side".

No doubt it happens, but trying to pin the blame all on one side when both sides do it is being disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Deal with what?

The fact you are doing the same thing you complain about?

And laugh about it. Yeah, ham it up. Oh yeah, I edited my post as well.

Is there something in the water over there in Missouri?

Why do you keep posting in my thread if you dont like it? Personally I could give a rip what people think I have never been one to like a popularity contest.

I come across hard because I live a hard life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think we need to separate ATS and PTS again. I agree it is getting very bad around here. It is important, however, to stick around and stick to your guns. If we let the left/right bots push us out of here then ATS is truly screwed. I think what is happening is by design. Keep the masses, even here on ATS, busy arguing over bs.

I have been guilty of this before. But I have been trying to stay away from the political banter and bickering. Especially since I'm a few months away from Army boot camp.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't know about the water in Missouri.

Personally, I don't care HOW you come across.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have one thing to say.

Peace.

We are all part of God, we are all just collectively dreaming this reality so don't take everything so seriously.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Starring your posts as fast as you can write them

If there were more ATS members like you, I wouldn't go for several months or even years at a stretch between visits to this place

Thanks also for the tip about ATS-radio and your comments re: same. Explains a lot.

Please stick around for as long as you can stand it. We don't see posters of your calibre all that frequently. You lift the standard

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

A lot of the pot calling the kettle black is what I see. And quite honestly, it ruins any credibility of the notion that any site has been invaded by a certain "side".

Agreed.
This entire thread was an instigation of the very thing the OP has complained about.
Also, I took things too far. But I did it for a reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I think we need to separate ATS and PTS again. I agree it is getting very bad around here. It is important, however, to stick around and stick to your guns. If we let the left/right bots push us out of here then ATS is truly screwed. I think what is happening is by design. Keep the masses, even here on ATS, busy arguing over bs.

I have been guilty of this before. But I have been trying to stay away from the political banter and bickering. Especially since I'm a few months away from Army boot camp.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by projectvxn]

Same here, Project. In the past I use to get suckered into meaningless online political battles which I refuse to partake in now. It's rather pointless because in the end it changes no one's point of view they are already hardwired for.

I've noticed that religion and politics are the two hot button issues that usually stir people's emotions like shoving fire at Frankenstein.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join