It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Here comes audas again spreading his lies.

First of all even the Left wing website Wiki defines Republicanism, or being a Republican as:

Republican can refer to:

Advocates of a republic, a form of government that is not a monarchy or dictatorship, and is generally associated with the rule of law

en.wikipedia.org...

Second of all, "puritans" were, and even are Christians, unless somehow the forefathers stopped believing in the bible and their God, which I am certain most of them didn't.

Third of all, even in the Constitution of the United States the forefathers agreed on one form of government.

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,....

www.usconstitution.net...

Fourth of all, to further prove that you are just full of it, and you don't even know the history of the nation were you live.

Benjamin Rush once wrote to John Armstrong on March 19, 1783.

We profess to be republicans, and yet we neglect the only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government, that is, the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by the means of the Bible. For this Divine Book, above all others, favors that equality among mankind, that respect for just laws, and those sober and frugal virtues, which constitute the soul of republicanism.

I can't post the original link since for some reason the BB code won't work with it.

Can also be found here.
ringthebellsoffreedom.com...

The forefathers of the Republic saw themselves as Republicans, at least at first.

So, yet again Audas is shown to be what he really is, ignorant of every topic he decides to participate in.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I find it quite ironic the OP complains about name calling and insults and then proceeds to do EXACTLY THAT.

Ok not ironic, but typical for ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

electric universe:

here's a nice firefox addon for those pesky ultra long urls. it's called tiny url. i use it when i have a link to put on ats that won't work cause there are too many special chars in the addy
addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks although i use internet explorer.

I normally use the BB code but sometimes it doesn't work and in this case for the long original link which was a link to a book with some of the writtings of Benjamin Rush, the BB code did not work, so I used another link. Thanks for the link anyway.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Never said Puritans weren't Christians - however you have not addressed the basis of my response - you have conflated your affiliation with the Republican party (1854) with the notion of republicanism - non Monarch - and since the Republic of North Korea is communist dictatorship my point regarding absolute monarchists stands -

You have simply backed up my point - you have confused being a republican - with the Republican party - two different things - OWNED AGAIN - its like shooting fish in a barrel with you.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by audas]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
With all the brackets in place, I'm not even sure I know who or what type of people he (or she) is talking about.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP on this one, it seems that not only the political left/right paradigm dwellers have invaded.

There also seems to also be a lot of people still stuck in the Mainstream Patriot Paradigm, that limits the scope of discussion to what certain Patriot Radio Show Hosts wish to be discussed. This I have found is another limiting factor or Box of Ideological walls that people have fallen into.

One has to question why a lot of Mainstream Patriots are merely repeating the talking points fed to them the Mainstream Patriot movement and have not looked into who set up and provided the funding to the movement that they have put their faith in.

Some of the last posts I posted were born of frustration due to this as I was trying to start a debate based on new information and the majority of ATS'ers are suffering from their own form of cognitive dissonance.

Everything is not what it seems, even in the Patriot Movement. The reason I originally came to ATS was to meet like minded people who are willing to question everything and not become the mouthpiece for certain media figures.

Peace All

Djaybeetoo

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Ouch!! great comment. Yes ATS is changing and so the truth remains buried under the lies and deceptions yet as glaring as a large red flag in a very gree forest. Oh well such is the way of man as he turns and walks a very dangerous and eternal path into darkness. No more comments and I wish everyone well irregardless of the truth which I will not denie.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
wow, you DID take me up on the challenge. I wrote this post before I saw your response. But you are wrong on all of your intuited responses my friend. I smell a fraud.

the silence, in reference to this post is deafening. i expected you to ignore this post, because you can't answer it without exposing your false claim as being a 'gifted intuitive' who has insight beyond mere mortals. and thus you are exposed as a fraud. gifted intuitive you are not buddy.

I should just ignore this but I will address it one last time. First I already told you it doesnt work like that.

Second no on said they had insight beyond mere mortals. Everyone has insight and intuition it depends on if you have trained yourself to listen to it.

I got warned twice for this thread, the original content I didn't think would warrant a warning.

I have never changed in my style of posting on ATS since I have been here I have made 3,068 posts and 103 threads and in four years I have never received a warning. Since I have come out as a Pagan though I get warned all the time. I stopped contributing for a long period of time because of this and lately contribute only every once and a while.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
yeah, when i 1st started reading on ATS i would come home from work and read all nite long, and now its like i come on and there's barely anything i want to read, only a few things, so i noticed the change too.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To the OP, i hear what you're saying, the insults and plain ignorance can be a bit much I think it may be due to the fact that more younger people are joining seeking this info; and that is that generations way, that's how they have been brought up. Agreed that it needs tobe policed but on the bright side it means more people are becoming aware that something's brewing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I find it quite ironic the OP complains about name calling and insults and then proceeds to do EXACTLY THAT.

I DID NOT do any name calling or insults! What I said in those deleted brackets were not like you think.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yea, you're right and that's is what THEY want us to do, as long as were fighting against each other how can we fight them.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I have been on these boards for over four years now and I am getting so I cant stand to read anything here anymore.

This used to be the best site on the net for me. It had like minded people and enough skeptics to keep it all fun and interesting.

Since the last election though it has been simply invaded by the [politically-charged insult removed].

It is not only not the same but every thread that has a slight political bend gets this flood of these [politically-charged insult removed] spewing the [politically-charged insult removed] the corporate think tanks want them to. I want my old ATS back. The place that I came to in order to get the information and balanced discussion of thinking people.

Most of these [politically-charged insult removed] seem to be the hard [politically-charged insult removed] that have ruined almost everything in our country and let the corporations do what they want since the 80's. They are like a plague in our nation and now they are infecting ATS.
:shk:

Politically-charged insults removed, and member warned.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

i agree..

this is not the only website tat has been over run by the shills..

actually two of my other forums i use are down due to hacks..

the powers that were have gone all out on the internet...

they know this is our place and they are trying to ruin it...

lol

nice try

but we win..

join the winning team of love for the win..

there will be abundance for all..

world peace..

all hidden truths revealed...

abolish the federal reserve...

namaste'

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You know what is ironic about this thread,

It didn't accomplish a thing, just another finger pointing thread with no substance, or solution.

Oh some very well thought out post, but in the long run , what the OP is hoping to do is that same Saul Alinsky tactic, shame dissenting voices into silence.(See I learned something new since Obama became president.)

So if you don't want to read the dirty political conversation, don't.

When i first came to the forum I was shocked by the Bush hatred, guess what ?

I didn't get involved,

We are all peons, we are all being played, quit blaming each other, there is plenty dirt on the left and the right to go around, this is what this forum has taught me,

listen to the opposition as much as it pains you to do so, you might learn something.

One day you will wake up and find yourself sorely disappointed, be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

And BTW we don't own this board.

Mommy

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

For what little it's worth I honestly believe ATS has deteriorated for a number of reasons but mainly due to a lot of the more able members becoming moderators and thus not contributing anywhere near as much as they used to in debates / threads etc.

Yes, I miss them very, very much.

Many were balanced and brillant.

However if you really are readin the post ,

Proto is awesome, for one, there are many wonderful posters.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
yes, and i also noticed the immature name calling and insults when someone doesn't agree on a topic...what happened to a mature debate? or if it bothers someone that much why not just ignore the post instead of filling it with negativity?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by jjkenobi

I DID NOT do any name calling or insults! What I said in those deleted brackets were not like you think.

I read your thread before it was modded. Apparently you don't understand what name calling is. "Mindless Zombies" or whatever you had attributed to people who don't agree with your opinion IS name calling, which is one of the things you were complaining about.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can explain in simple terms why ATS has changed so much recently.

The crazies have crawled out from under their rocks, where they've been hiding for the past 8 years.

They awoke to find their country in shambles and decided to blame the new guy they didn't vote for, instead of the idiot they elected TWICE.

What you end up with is spillover from the olitical threads into the UFO threads where they post a picture of some stupid shadow on the surface of mars and claim it's a sign of some ET.

ATS has gone WAY downhill.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Oh some very well thought out post, but in the long run , what the OP is hoping to do is that same Saul Alinsky tactic, shame dissenting voices into silence.

No I am not using any tactics at all. I speak the truth.

Want to hear just one experience taken from real life?

I had a partner on a Fire Dept. That we spent as best friends I had his back he had mine. This man held me when I weeped when we would get back to the station after seeing horrors no person should see. We cut children from mangled wrecks bagged burned bodies and risked our lives everytime we turned on the overheads on our rigs....together.

One day after work he saw my pentacle ring. I never let him know my belief (him being a Baptist Christian) then he found out I was Pagan.

This man, my best friend, the one that saw how the horrors of the job made my soul bleed, the one that knew I would have died for any person to try and do the right thing.

He went on a campaign to get me off the Fire Dept. because I was a Pagan.

It finally worked.

Now I work for a Fire Dept. the next town over.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join