It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End war? On one condition: Teach us, or we die.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was just watching the video clip "The story of Sanni Ceto", and her comment "You must end all your wars, set aside your wars". My response to comments such as these, is thus:

Alien species would want us to end all war and 'set aside our hatreds'? Very well then, we can do that, on one condition: Teach us how to efficiently and fairly allocate our resources amongst our populace, or we will continue to kill ourselves.

It's all fair game for people claiming to be 'aliens' to gain followers by saying the human race is a hateful and murderous race... but if we were given unlimited resources, you'd take out one factor in the equation: the survival instinct. It's only natural for ANY animal to choose it's own survival over that of others.

Maybe the NWO has a point, maybe we need to cull the population and introduce a global nazi state, because we aren't ready as a planet, we haven't learned how to reduce our desires to take from other people.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Efficiently and fairly allocating resources amongst the population sounds like the Marxist credo "each acccording to his needs". Really it has no place in post-conflict planet Earth. I think everybody has rightful access to abundance and thus everyone should be filthy rich.

Part of being truely rich is not being greedy. Resouces must flow freely and be available to all. The need to hoard must be ameliorated knowing that giving won't leave you destitute. Hatreds are inflamed as a tool to facilitate that neverending soulless end by those who believe that they must acquire by denying others.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Stop judging others, for you can see none other than yourself. Forgive others, as you forgive yourself. And do forgive, gracefully releasing the seeds of hate, division and war. Be mindfully aware of how you have judged, how you have refused to forgive. See the emergent patterns and reconciliations. Forget the false image in this world, the manifestation of a long-standing series of ritualistic imitations, forget the images presented because the desire to deceive for personal gain is a very active force in this world. Fear not the images, for they are false and merely temporary. Once the interconnected nature of all becomes clear, following this process, you will learn to love all, and the meaning behind having faith in the original steps will be revealed. We are transcended to a state of peace, unity, love, and synergistic growth, far above the state of war, division, separation, and hate. Logos is no longer blocked by the false logo. These are but some of the ways, but they are sufficient. The cycles of war, separation, and division will continue forever if something like this process is not followed. Then, we are out of the seemingly infinite loop. No excuses.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
For the cost of a single major war....everyone could own a mansion. We could all be wealthy and there could be justice for all...but for one thing, WE would have no one to look down on or to feel superior to. It's just too much to give up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well stated debris765nju,

I believe that before violence and war ends, man has fundamentally change their instinct to dominate others. This is instinct is manifested in capitalism, slavery, and war.

When it comes to aliens, I believe a higher species understands the need for people to want to protect themselves... it is evident throughout all of nature and therefore is natural and completely forgivable.
however,
if we show a more caring or welcoming personality, then outsiders would be more willing to make contact and develop interspecies dialogue. besides, if they wanted to harm us they would have done it a long time ago its kind of like why humans don't go around clubbing baby seals (Whats the point?).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
IF we had the resources to provide mansions and excessive food for the entire world, instead of "spending the money on wars", we would have no need for wars.
Do you honestly think there is enough timber and bricks to build a two-storey mansion for every single family in the world, and enough food to provide them all with three square meals a day? If you do, then you need to get over the robin hood-complex. Money is a fiat currency used to distract us from the fact that we do not have enough resources to go around. The money supply is controlled to allocate the resources accordingly.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nrky
[more

I know we have enough resources. The problem is that we fail to manage waste, have exaggerated views of what is necessary for happiness, and underestimate the power of knowledge which could be used to design ways to allocate resources.

If we put down the x-boxes, throw away the unnessary george foreman grills ( dude, it's just a sloping oven), and work with our brains. Then we should be able to prosper.

And, whoever says that money is bad doesnt understand how it manages the complexity of supply and demand. I never pay attention to that arguement unless an actual solution is detailed.

When I spoke of capitilism, I wasn't criticizing money. All modern forms of government use money as a basis of transaction. My criticism of capitalism is that it is incompassionate and doesn't reflect well on humanity.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nrky

Yes I do believe that to be true. There are more material for building houses than trees and bricks. Trees grow, and bricks can be reused, both are eco friendly. There is no reason that plastic that is cluttering up our oceans and dumps could not be recycled as well. Want to see a lot of our eco waste problems disappear? Put a value on them. There is enough arable land and potable water to support everyone. The cost of one jet fighter place would easily dig ten thousand wells or sow a million acres. Multiply this by the number of military aircraft worldwide. We need to stop using war as an industry and use those funds for the betterment of everyone. Just a thought....

new topics

top topics

join