It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot Interview Steven Greer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Project Camelot Interview Steven Greer

Kerry Cassidy really needs to learn to shut the hell up.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

No matter what you think of Steven Greer, you can't help feeling sympathy for him when the arch-interrupter starts talking over him again and again. I can't bear to hear someone like her trying to outwit or out-talk Greer. It's worse than embarrassing.

Greer actually made sense, in so far as he was allowed to do by the hectoring harridan.

Greer seems to have made a mis-step in that in his recent address to the Barcelona Exopolitics conference, in that he apparently said, "There are no bad ETs."

Most of the interview is Kerry trying to beat him over the head with this statement while trying to attack and deflect his explanations. His position is more complex than that.

Greer's polition in a nutshell

The military long ago learned to clone beings from the Roswell ETs, and any sinister abductions are done with these "PLFs" (programmable life forms). The real ETs are all "good".

I put the word "good" in quote marks because Greer's trying to move away from good/evil polarities about ETs. His angle is that if the public can be persuaded that there are "bad" ETs. it will be easy to sell the idea of interplanetary war.

Greer is convinced, from his experiences and contacts, that although we've had interstellar tech for several years now, we're not allowed to use it. Species are not allowed to travel until they've achieved peace.

All the sinister and frightening contacts are done by the military, who may target people who've been contacted by genuine ETs in order to confuse them.

Can't Bill Ryan just get rid of Kerry?

Kerry just can't let go of what she heard on stage, and even though Greer amplifies his statement, she persists in conflating his perspective with a much more "lovey-dovey" view, and saying that it's "insidious" and "dangerous". A calmer head could have made her points more concisely and far more politely. She can't even get basic facts straight, but is happy to lay down the law about things she later has to admit are not certain.

At one point she tries to bolster her point by saying, "We've got whistelblower testimony saying this" to which Greer comes back with "so have we [saying the opposite thing]... what ya gonna do?"

Greer, to me at least, comes across pretty well.

Kerry, at one point, says that one of their new whistleblowers is saying that "there's around 10 months of food left before it runs out, and another 3-4 years' worth of oxygen - "I don't know if this is down to the minute, or whether it's more vague than it was stated to me..."

Greer's best point

He consistently warns against having an anthropomorphic perspective on ET motivations... having made that point several times, he has to make it again when Bill Ryan uses the analogy of modern civilisation contacting primitive tribes. This, as we know, doesn't usually end well... but again, it's anthropomorphic.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on 9-8-2009 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Please post any futher comments or opinions on this ongoing thread.

Project Camelot Interview Dr Steven Greer

Thread closed

new topics

join