It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"weirdo" kid starts a dance party *great video!!!*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Bro what the heck are you talking about, that's not escapism with out that...what you see right there, we have nothing on our side...

None of your will goes anywhere unless you transmit it... Knowledge is nothing without connection, it just takes the shape of a lonely mind that eventually ends up bent the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Lets have some bloody good harmless fun for once, eh.

Something tells me you are "mad for it".

Nice...very nice.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OP

Great thread btw

great song too, always happy when a bit of positive music comes my way.

Every positive thread has people come to it that for whatever reason are like BLACK HOLES

Don't be discouraged by it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Perhaps my eyes have grown more cynical with my old age. I saw a guy dancing, alone. Another came close, the original dancer tried to bond, in dance, to the second, he was denied. They both continued their individual, yet courageous dance. A third arrives, they are all together, but still alone. In a matter of minutes, the crowd is too numerous to count.

What I saw here was not the intoxicating effect of freedom of expression, or the contagious nature of joyous oneness with one's god.

What I saw was fear. In a crowd of maybe a hundred people, ONE man had the courage to express himself. Others, undoubtedly with unexpressed scorn or ridicule, would not allow themselves to be ostracized until they were joined by many more. No one wanted to be the weird guy. Finally, when enough people had become involved in the dancing, the risk to others of being singled out was minimal and they could join the celebration. Eventually, even at the end of the song, there were more racing to be a part of the experience.

To me, it was a great video, but I found it a little depressing. It reminded me of fads, peer pressure and dare I say, sheep.

I think the original dancer was either very high, very brave, or a very free spirit. With each consecutive participant, the level of 'buy-in' required diminished. As more people participated, the easier it was for others to emulate the behavior of the original.

It speaks volumes to me about the level of conditioning present in our society and the fear possessed by the vast majority of us. At what point in ANY situation, is the level of fear minimized sufficiently by the level of acceptance of others for the action, opinion, or desire for change, to afford the individual the courage, real or perceived, to join his brothers in the dance?

But the dance isn't at a concert exclusively. It's on the discussion boards, in the boardrooms, lecture halls, politics, life itself. Anywhere we join in numbers, the dance exists.

How many people must dance before YOU do? How many others must stare bravely at the scorn, retribution or hardship before we all join in the dance? How do we reteach ourselves to dance, even when we are at risk of being the 'weird' guy?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need more o these weirdos in the world to increase the positive vibration. What a great video and many thanks for shareing it. I posted it to my facebook.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

That is so kool 8bit ... it got me all emotional and junk.

Here's a similar one in spirit ... not the same spontaneity but ...

[edit on 9 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry guys there was nothing magical about that. Its called drugs and the MSMD affect..... monkey see monkey do

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by The Great Day]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
lol great this reminds me of the last matrix movies when there danceing in the cave lmao

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yeah you know...

there's always masturbating alone in your bedroom constantly putting everything positive down in life.

That's far more inspirational than a random collection of people deciding to dance...

let's just.... tear it apart as conformity and mimicry and refuse to see it for what it really is

"And when you lose control you'll reap the harvest you have sown and as the Fear grows the bad blood shows and turns to stone... and it's too late to use the weight you used to need to throw around, so have a good turn as you go down all alone, dragged down by the stone"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I added this video to my thread found here www.abovetopsecret.com... .

I think it fits nicely.

The idea is look at the amount of JOY one person can bring to an entire group of people. If everyone here set out to bring even a small fraction of this kind of joy to everyone they encountered, the world would be much better for it.

S&F ... Great thread.

Oh yeah, the Where in the World is Matt videos are awesome too. Deeply inspirational.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
HOAX!!!..you people believe anything you see that was cgi for sure the gold trunks were a dead giveaway...nice try op

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

God i bet its a lot of work getting up on that pedastel everyday.Whens the last time you actually went somewhere other than your computer?Might meet a girl in the real world...ohhh too scary.lol

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
Sorry guys there was nothing magical about that. Its called drugs and the MSMD affect..... monkey see monkey do

www.youtube.com...

I think you mean, MDMA

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

MSMD = monkey see monkey do. . . mdma lol

anyway great video. . . the courage is inspirational . . . people are drawn to positive enrgy as well as negative energy. . .

what are you broadcasting?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

The Teckno Viking called......

he said your not representing the free love new age community very well

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
Escapism should not be glorified

Ignorance should be denied.

ALWAYS

are you serious?

Per your statement, you have been justly denied.

b

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
One person full of joy can spread it to over 10,000 people. TPTB do not want this kind of thing, so if everyone purposefully spreads joy, then we'll all be happier.

When I go places I like to carry a light bulb in my hand. I get weird looks, but it always makes people smile.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
Escapism should not be glorified

Ignorance should be denied.

ALWAYS

Party poopers should be denied...... ALLWAYS!

Escapism....blah! not like it is a group heroine shoot-up geeze!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
that looks like Woodstock or something. and those people look really high, they probably have no idea what's going on lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I am allways the first one on the dance flor and the last one off...... nothing wrong with some people waiting...

practice makes perfect...if they free themseles enough by getting up there at ALL, one day they may be the first one too....

I even dance and sing in the grocery store... (though I DO live in a small town where everyone knows me already and has seen me dance and sing a million times out on the town anyways..lol )

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join