It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"weirdo" kid starts a dance party *great video!!!*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
capturing a microcosm of what happens when we throw off social fears and take enjoyment in the thhings we like.. obviously that kid was really into dancing..lol .. and it freed the people around him. Lets really try to cast off fear and love our neighbors

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Escapism should not be glorified

Ignorance should be denied.

ALWAYS

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hahah, we are nothing. We are no differant to the molecules. Look how energy moves through a crowd.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

I half agree with you i think dancing is something to be used as worship to the lord.. and other people who dont believe that reserve dance for other things including escapism or sexual gratification or just to cut loose and be silly.But really for me the interest in this video is just seeing someone in such a fearful culture showing some freedom.The context is irrechangable.. It could be a more noble cause but its a nice highlight of how courage can spread... or even in clinical terms it says something of social dynamics. by your comments You seem very into "truth" so maybe you have it or get it and i hope you can do with it what the kid in this video did. And out of curiosity what are your feelings on the movie "FOOTLOOSE"?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Hahah, we are nothing. We are no differant to the molecules. Look how energy moves through a crowd.

I cant help but find it ironic that someone who really feels in their heart that we are nothing names themselves majestic even if it not in reference to something of a spiritual nature its still ironic

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Great moves!

Reggae + one stoned & free spirit + many people + huge dance party = positive energy

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Great example of sociology and how you can influence a whole bunch of people simply by doing something that no one else is doing.

This sort of reminds me of a sociology experiment. You all can try it. I did. Go to a busy street where lots of people are walking around. If you live in the Dallas area the west end dart train station is a perfect area for this.

Just stop and stand there and stare up into the sky. When you do this just watch how many people will stop and stare up at the sky with you trying to figure out what it is you are staring at... and the best part is, the more people stop and stare with you, the more people will come and join. Sort of like this dancing video. Quite fun and interesting.

thank you for sharing this.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen...

Awesome as hell!!! The shorts were a bit dangerously short as stated on the youtube video, But funny non the less

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

That was great!!! Wonder what would happen if started dancing like that in say... walmart? LOL! Probably not a good idea, hehe. Nice vid though!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast

Originally posted by Majestic23

I cant help but find it ironic that someone who really feels in their heart that we are nothing names themselves majestic even if it not in reference to something of a spiritual nature its still ironic

Hmmm, when I say that, I mean, what level of sentience do we have on this level. We are like animals in the moment, we have the ability for self control but look how easily it slips. What goes in the mind of the dude who first joins in? At first he is taking the piss out of the dancer (how many times have we done something just because our minds in a certain mood think it will be funny, self control goes out of the window at that point doesnt it) but he starts having fun.
Then people are uneasy but then they also join. Whos got self control there? Ironically the guy who starts dancing, who everyone thinks is nuts at the start.

Want to know whats really ironic? The first contact with the spiritual skies by our present human race was made by dancing. So loss of self control puts us in touch with god, but so does perfect self control. Kind of like how we are nothing and everything at the same time.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is true that humans, like other primates, mimic the behavior of those that are around them. One will move to the beat of their own drum, and the masses will follow. This video captures that sociological truth quite well.

The moral of this video then should not be "look at the weirdo" but "hey! I should never be afraid to do my own thing because if I do, then everyone else will be right there with me trying to do the same!"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Imagine you did this during a political protest and as the police kept pushing the crowd back you start dancing with the officers. Do you think they would know what to do? So many people think our military would shoot us, but what if you got 10,000 people walking down the street dancing and singing, paying the troops no attention. You think they would shoot you?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Lol it is all very complicated isnt it majestic? Theres alot of ins and outs to this whole life thing. with dancing you do have to let go and open up. Maybe thats why biblically dancing it reserved for the lord for people who believe in and trust god if your going to open yourself up to a force make sure it loves you..
good thoughts though majestic

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

That was beautiful! Seeing that made my day. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
reply to post by Majestic23

Lol it is all very complicated isnt it majestic? Theres alot of ins and outs to this whole life thing. with dancing you do have to let go and open up. Maybe thats why biblically dancing it reserved for the lord for people who believe in and trust god if your going to open yourself up to a force make sure it loves you..
good thoughts though majestic

Indeed. I do however say that the only dancing males over the age of 17 should legally be allowed to do is break dancing (this does not allow for "the robot" or any sort of dance where you act out doing something like "mowing the lawn" or "honking the horn"). Keep it f-f-fresh clart!

.....maybe bhangra.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
FUN, is highly underrated.

On a more serious note, the democratic party would be wise to consider hiring this kid to show up at health care protests and have that music played on the loudspeakers.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just when i'm ready to give up on life, on people, society....something like this comes along and reminds me how brilliant we are

A fine example of humanity at its best.

You guys are reading far too much into this for my liking.

Lets have some bloody good harmless fun for once, eh.

S+F

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thats most definately one who plugged in...Definately not a Weirdo but a spiritual goliath and some quantum mechanics taking place there.

Good news is plutocracies and all the hardships they tend to manifest playing King of the Hill $$$$$$(grab grab take take) really have as much power as you give them.

Its definately a We program...Not a me program. Another piece of the puzzle living one day at a time thanks to Alcoholics Anonymous

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Just when i'm ready to give up on life, on people, society....something like this comes along and reminds me how brilliant we are

A fine example of humanity at its best.

You guys are reading far too much into this for my liking.

S+F

But it has depth and its fun to look far into it. you were ready to give up on life people and society but brilliant freedom moved you. thats a progression that should be looked into as deeply as possible

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Something tells me you are "mad for it".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join