It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all of the military planes and helecopters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
my friend stays just outside london and had been complaining about the amoubt of low flying milarty copters . since this it has brought to my a the attention .the increase in helicopters where i stay . i stay in glasgow scotland and there is about a average of 10 flying directly over my house a day starting early morning and still at 3 in the morning now not all miltary mostly police and others with the odd chinook style helicopter . there hs been so many i clled the police to ask if there was some sort of training on but never got through

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
today ive seen two helicopters flying laps around fishermead milton keynes. low flying (close enough to see that they werent police) with both sliding doors on either side wide open(could not see any sillouettes of soliders in either), went round bout 10 times around one specific part then buggerd off. dont know if it was a training exercise for low flying circles round a messed up area or what, but was still curious because i havnt seen anything like it in any other part of mk, only army base that i know of in the mk area is the territorial army based in newport pagnell on the otheside of the city to where fishermead is. but i doubt that they would have had heli training for the T.A someone surrgested that they were after someone but that would be to much to get 2 army helis out for i would have thought.
not jumping to any conclusions because this is only a first sighting

[edit on 14-8-2009 by xsmithiex]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just to let you know - most of you live in America - the worlds largest military religious dictatorship -

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Chinooks and Blackhawks coming out of the woodwork daily here in rural Oregon.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well those are aircraft, are they just supposed to decorate military bases and never actually get flown?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi all...long time lurker, but frequent reader.

Just had a jet/commercial aircraft fly very low over a residential area, doing some really odd manoeuvres, and being a bit daft I popped off in the car to follow it as the plane kept banking and turning. I live within a mile of 2 nuclear power stations and the jet eventually turned and headed in their general direction. I managed to follow it for about 30 mins whilst it banked turned and did loads of very low level, banking/turning in circles manoevres and I fortunately managed to get a couple of decentish photos with my camera on full zoom, which I will try to upload as I would love someone to identify exactly what the aircraft was is.

Oddly enough, when I reached the end of the road next to the sea where the power station was, I was a bit surprised to be asked "are you following the jet too", by a bloke about the same age as me (40) and we chatted and I showed him my photo and we both discussed what it could have been doing. His suggestion was that it was an airliner dumping fuel and he prompted me to smell for jet fuel which I could'nt at the time smell. At this point the aircraft had banked off to the left and disappeared behind the 2nd power station...I have had the news switched on but nothing...

Anyone any ideas??

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beegheel
Hi all...long time lurker, but frequent reader.

Just had a jet/commercial aircraft fly very low over a residential area, doing some really odd manoeuvres, and being a bit daft I popped off in the car to follow it as the plane kept banking and turning. I live within a mile of 2 nuclear power stations and the jet eventually turned and headed in their general direction. I managed to follow it for about 30 mins whilst it banked turned and did loads of very low level, banking/turning in circles manoevres and I fortunately managed to get a couple of decentish photos with my camera on full zoom, which I will try to upload as I would love someone to identify exactly what the aircraft was is.

Oddly enough, when I reached the end of the road next to the sea where the power station was, I was a bit surprised to be asked "are you following the jet too", by a bloke about the same age as me (40) and we chatted and I showed him my photo and we both discussed what it could have been doing. His suggestion was that it was an airliner dumping fuel and he prompted me to smell for jet fuel which I could'nt at the time smell. At this point the aircraft had banked off to the left and disappeared behind the 2nd power station...I have had the news switched on but nothing...

Anyone any ideas??

I really don't know, if you go to the military section and post something about it, I bet you will find more answers. It seems good enough for its own thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I am in the area of Fayettville NC (50 mi) and there has been a 4 prop BIG militart type plane(s) buzzing my farm for the last several days. Usually it is helicopters. I have never seen this type of plane before and I am outside most of the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Legion2112

I am in the area of Fayettville NC (50 mi) and there has been a 4 prop BIG militart type plane(s) buzzing my farm for the last several days. Usually it is helicopters. I have never seen this type of plane before and I am outside most of the time.

So you live 50 miles from Ft Bragg, home of the 82nd Airborne, Delta Force, and Pope AFB, and you are wondering why you are seeing a C-130?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beegheel

I have checked out the picture, it is a Nimrod MRA4 which is an anti submarine warfare (asw) as well as an electronic intelligence aircraft (elint). This is one beasty machine, it is equipped with harpoon missiles which are internally fitted in the bomb bay as well as sonobuoys for locating submarines. As well as this it is able to launch life buoys and rafts as well as safety gear to sailors or people lost at sea.

You probably saw the aircraft practising its strategy to avoid missiles from chasing enemy aircraft, as the Nimrod usually flys at a low altitude such as 300 foot, hence these manouvers. They are based at Kinloss in Scotland, you can google map the base.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I live in Hamilton Ontario and a few years ago the Canadian Military was running exercises just down the street from my house. They had at least 50 soldiers and 15 vehicles, and were running some weird training exercises. They were stationed at a local sports park which has 2 fences of barbed wire just for the baseball diamond, than a few buildings. I went in and asked what they were doing and they claimed just random exercises but i found the whole event very strange. The more i thought of it i realized the sports park could be turned into a camp of sorts, like a concentration camp, rather quickly and would work quite effectively. I always wondered if thats why the military was there, testing areas for locking people up incase of some medical or military event? What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ive seen a few Hui coptors in northen cali.. on diff days,

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes I have. last 3 weeks lots of choopers headed north over richmond , va
chinooks, seastallions, you name it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

So you live 50 miles from Ft Bragg, home of the 82nd Airborne, Delta Force, and Pope AFB, and you are wondering why you are seeing a C-130?

No I am wondering why I never saw them before and now I see several a day. It is the change in the pattern of sightings I am mentioning. I moved from an area where I got buzzed daily by a para trooper plane and the pattern never changed much in ten years.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by robsmith

Many thanks for the info...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
couldn't tell you about increases in air activity as I live on an Air Force base and there's always activity. But I can tell you, The military is constantly moving personel and material. They are constanly running exercises to stay fit to fight.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I live near Fayetteville, NC and my hubby is actually Army and works on Fort Bragg. I have seen an increase in military presence, vehicles, training exercises in the last month or so. My hubby actually did some training up near Raleigh for a week and had a huge convoy of trucks, humvees and such to get there and back, so it could be just training exercises, but even though I am military and "use" to seeing this activity I ALWAYS keep my eyes and ears open. I trust nothing or no one.

I also posted a thread earlier this morning about the Army, Air Force and local emergency services simulating an "airplane crash" in my housing area just north of Fort Bragg tomorrow between 11am and 3pm. It is still military housing even though we are not on main post and about 8 miles from the Fort Bragg gate. It's entitled "Possible False Flag...my first post."

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Last night a blakhawk flew over our neighborhood just above treetop level. Loud as hell...then just disappeared. We see one or two every now and then, but never hugging the treeline. Reminded me of N.O.E. fast and low. freaky.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
WHY FRANKFORT, KY?

Newbie here, I live in Frankfort, Ky (state capitol) and for the last couple of weeks there have been numerous "war games" and various other day and night exercises going on by a newly introduced Marine Expeditionary Unit. Didn't think much of it until they began to block off certain public parks and are staying longer than expected.

The kicker for me was an observation that happened tonight under clear skies and sober eyes. Aircraft such as V-22 Osprey's (approx. 4 of them) and some helicopters (probably Blackhawks or other larger types) flying what seemed to be a figure 8 or perimeter with the center being the capital building. That's not all. What really made my stomach flip was a haunting shadow only vaguely lit by the rising moon flying just ahead of one of the helicopters around its 10:00 position. Could not make out or generalize an outline that would represent any aircraft I have seen (and I do love aviation, so I've seen most that aren't BLACK) There was no conflicting sounds of 2 different aircraft. Also note it was not lit with any lights whatsoever as any and all others I have ever seen (including all others flying with it or following the same flight plan. I thought my eyes were tricking me at first so I called for a family member to confirm when it returned overhead for another few laps. It was real. It was very interesting also as a local university band could be heard in the distance rehearsing a song that had a "star wars" vibe to it. Sadly I kinda fit the Ky stereotype and cannot afford a camera to capture this but if anybody knows someone in the area I would advise them to check it out as I will do the same. Sorry if this is long, but thanks to those who took the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
they are nothing but normal military exercises that happens all the time and has been going on for e v e r! that's what i am told every time i pose the questions in threads like angle thunder www.abovetopsecret.com... and singapore military aiming for idaho airspace www.abovetopsecret.com... and massive naval exercise underway www.abovetopsecret.com... fbi and homeland security behind martial law exercises in Indianapolis www.abovetopsecret.com...

i always and i mean always get the same people saying the same thing that it is normal not to worry.

well, i think it will come back and kick them in the arse 'cause this much military activity on us soil IS NOT NORMAL!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join