It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all of the military planes and helecopters?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have seen three in one day, and it's really getting to me. Has anyone seen more military vehicles than usual where they live?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hmmm....Can we get some basics like where you are and stuff like that?

Im in Massachusetts and havent heard a thing...yet

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't know if this has any bearing, it may have just been a weekend excercise by the reserves, but I was in Myrtle Beach over the weekend and on the way down I saw an entire convoy of Humvees, support vehicles and armored APC's on truckbeds heading south on I-95 and on the way back, the same type of convoy heading east on 501? Honestly, I'm thinking weekend excercises. That's pretty close to both Shaw AFB and Fayetteville (well, by a few hours anyway).

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
im not sure whats happening down your parts but here is a thread i made a while ago in the same category

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the supposed AF1 i seen now im only 25% that it was AF1 but the whole episode was very strange and also at my parents house the other day at say 11pm we heard a fighter on full throttle thunder overhead which in the middle of a city has never happened to me??

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Funny you should say that 'cause we had some type of fighter plane fly over our property at an extremely high rate of speed about 4 days ago at
at 1:38 A.M.
It was flying at a very low altitude. So low, by the way,our two acres of land lit up from its lights for a second.
It was there and gone so fast I barely caught a glimps of it lightghting up the ground.

At the aproaching sound of said plane, I hurried to the back door, opened the door, saw the flash of light on the ground, imedatly closed the door, turned around, hurried to the front door, opened it and the plane was allready at least 15 to 20 miles away.(maybe farther)

The distance from the front door to the back door is only 25'.

I just timed it and it took no more than 12 seconds for me to get from door to door and that's with closing one and opening the other.

When it happend, my Son said,
" D^#% !! that thing thing super-sonic !!"

We dont live anywhere near a military base or a major airport.
I am in Michigan and the plane did seem to be traveling in the direction of the Grayling Military Base. (don't know the name off hand)

We've also had daily military helicopter fly over's for a couple days prior to this incident and one the day after.
(not all moving in the direction of Grayling)

[edit on 9-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Funny you say that Im in chicago saw two black well more like really dark greay military helicopters flying in formation today also saw them a day or two ago flying North North East low too low enough that I could see they had no markings and looked really military not civilian or news choppers. Strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've been seeing alot of activity of military flatbed trucks going north on
I-5 leaving Sacramento. I had even mentioned to a guy I work with how strange it was seeing them and I have been wondering what they have been looking for. Both times they randomly pulled off to the side of the road into open fields/orchards.

On another note I have noticed there haven't been any chemtrails in the air for at least a month. When I do see them it's only on Fridays same days as I saw the military convoys. I use to take pics of them spraying chemtrails all day long everyday over Sacramento but not lately. The plot thickens thanks for the awareness of activity.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
In the last three days, I've seen F-18s, F-16s and even an C-17 just cruisin' around. Airshows kick ass

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I dunno but they are up above Calgary 24x7 for last 8 months and I dunno why????????????????

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chaoticwolf88

I was just in Sacramento, but today on my way back to So-Cal, I saw a few military vehicles on the freeway, one of them was gigantic with a giant tarp over it. It wasn't near a military base either.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
hmmm....Can we get some basics like where you are and stuff like that?

Im in Massachusetts and havent heard a thing...yet

I'm in the mid west. The plane was a dark gray normal military plane. The helicopter was one of the dark gray ones. I also saw a dual winged helicopter. The ones with two blades on top and one on the side.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have noticed helicopters for more than a year now and the pace seems to be stepping up.

Frequently a pair of Chinooks flies right past my office window. I am located on the sixth floor of my building. I keep a camera with me at all times but have been unsuccessful at getting a pic. They are so fast that by the time I get them in focus and hit the button, they are out of the frame.

Also I notice almost constant helicopter activity in the air over my home. I have seen white, black, dark green and red choppers. The dark green have a "military look" (and sound!) about them. They frequently fly quite low, often rattling the windows of my house. Sometimes they fly as late as about
1 a.m. which is extremely annoying.

The two military bases which were here in Orange County have closed in recent years, so I don't know where these choppers are coming from. Possibly Camp Pendleton to the south, but they have plenty of room for their training exercises on their own property.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To those seeing a massive amounts of military conveys in California.

NTC is going on right now. It is a massive yearly military excersise. What you are seeing is them leaving (north on 1-5) or going (south on I-5). If you are not in California and seeing these convoys or tractor trailers hauling the equipment, you are probably seeing them going to the nearest depo to be hauled to or from NTC.

They are also flying aircraft during this excersise.

It is held near FT. Irwin I believe which is near Barstow.

To the rest who are seeing alot of military aircraft.

This is a monthly thread. Most likely you are seeing reserves or active duty pilots getting in there hours.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I live right in the flight path of an International Airport on the West Coast. Our nearest AFB is over 60 miles away, yet we have seen a dramatic increase of Military Aircraft flying into our Airport on an almost daily basis now. The F-16s are the most common. The F-15s we haven't seen very often since they're repeatedly being grounded. However, the sightings of MH-60G helicopters have been almost daily. Supposedly they are helping with Forest Fire Fighting efforts of Forest Service land. I have also seen a black Sikorsky MH-53M on multiple occasions in the last month. I haven't been able to dig up any explanation for the presence of the Sikorsky MH-53M (or where it is flying in from as it is not listed among the craft hangared at the nearest AFB.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Big military excersise going on.

See my post above yours.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

See my post above yours.

I just noticed that after I posted.
And I am in Southern Oregon on the I-5 Corridor...so that makes a lot of sense. That would definitely explain the Sikorsky MH-53M, considering AFSOC decommissioned them from active service last year, they are probably still being used for Training and Night Exercises by the ANG. Those things are frakin' huge though!!! I have a hard time imagining there is anything "Stealthy" about them!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Originally posted by jd140

See my post above yours.

I just noticed that after I posted.
And I am in Southern Oregon on the I-5 Corridor...so that makes a lot of sense. That would definitely explain the Sikorsky MH-53M, considering AFSOC decommissioned them from active service last year, they are probably still being used for Training and Night Exercises by the ANG. Those things are frakin' huge though!!! I have a hard time imagining there is anything "Stealthy" about them!

No biggie.

Just glad I could explain some of the things you guys are seeing so that you don't get to nervous.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I live in northern sacramento and on friday i saw three of the military planes that have been flying patrols since 9-11 fly over in formation and later that night some helicopter flew over at a rate of speed i didnt think was possible. it covered horizon to horizon in about 20 seconds.i also have noticed less chemtrails in sac this summer. usually a cross thatch pattern is being sprayed near the foot of the sierras which slowly spreads west.i havent seen any in a few weeks.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylph hugger
I have noticed helicopters for more than a year now and the pace seems to be stepping up.

Frequently a pair of Chinooks flies right past my office window. I am located on the sixth floor of my building. I keep a camera with me at all times but have been unsuccessful at getting a pic. They are so fast that by the time I get them in focus and hit the button, they are out of the frame.

Also I notice almost constant helicopter activity in the air over my home. I have seen white, black, dark green and red choppers. The dark green have a "military look" (and sound!) about them. They frequently fly quite low, often rattling the windows of my house. Sometimes they fly as late as about
1 a.m. which is extremely annoying.

The two military bases which were here in Orange County have closed in recent years, so I don't know where these choppers are coming from. Possibly Camp Pendleton to the south, but they have plenty of room for their training exercises on their own property.

Some could be from MCAS Miramar. They have to fly a specific route out to the coastal and off shore training areas, they can't just go "as the crow flies".

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There's always a fair share of AWAC's flying here around Oklahoma City due to the proximity to Tinker Air Force Base.... but I've been seeing a TON more in the last month or two. Actually I don't think I'd seen one in a few years until recently, now they seem to be everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join