It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here as THE Furzball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Basically, I've been looking around the internet for a site like this, funnily enough my military recruiter told me about ATS. So here I am.

I've been looking around at various sections, mainly survival and stuff on government. But I've looked at all the other sections. I'm one of those Jack of all trades but master of non types.

Anyways what is my main goal you may ask. Information. I want to gather as much information as possible. Information is a friend and a survival tool.

...That's all I can think of to put on this intro thread. Other then glad to be here, nice to meet you all, hoping for the best.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Furzball.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS. If you are looking for information you have come to the right place.

Did your recruiter say if they were a member? If so did they tell you their user name? I am just curious.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your contributions to this fine site and what you bring to the table!

peace and love

GST

Forum member and moderator

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. What branch of service? Grab a beer, kick up your feet and have some fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Welcome indeed mate! Post to help, and help other posts! Quality over quantity, safety, peace, and best that fortune offers.

-Ze'Jsta

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by furzball

Welcome home furzball ...

Military recruiter you say ... did he have a tinfoil helmet?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Hi there and welcome to AboveTopSecret.com. Any questions feel free to ask!
Peace & Love,
Scoobz

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Your military recruiter told you about this site? So, like, are you gonna spy on us or something?
Kidding. Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, will try to answer each in order.

@ Gimme_some_truth : No I didn't catch if he was a member or not. I'll ask next time I see or call him.

@ mikerussellus : Army National Guard California

@ schrodingers dog: No, no tinfoil hat. Besides I just upgraded mine to a tinfoil football helmet. (kiddin, lol)

@ Night Star: I'll only voyour the cute girls on here. Nah really, unless I spot something like someone planning to set off a bomb somewhere (or anything that could cause harm or death) I will pretty much keep my lips zipped.

Anyways thank you all for your welcomes. I'm looking forward to contributing to the site.

What am I going to add you may ask. Well just basically my view on things or creative new ideas. I also am pretty good at doing researching and compiling a report. So I may end up doing that on a few things.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Since people seem to be more open minded on here then offline I'll post three things that have been bugging me for awhile. All having to do with dreams
-Puzzle dreams, Paralysis, other life dreams

1)Puzzle dreams: Sorta what I've been calling these dreams for awhile now. I'd get to having what I'd call, the same settings for a dream multiple nights in a row. I'd only be able to change small things. What I do in that nights dream and such. After several times of trying different things eventually I get a new dream with a different set of things to do. Basically think of it as running the same movie over and over again except you get to try different things each time to try and change the events/conclusion. The dream could feel several hours to a day long but when I wake up and look at a clock it for the most part, lasts only 10 minutes. Also whenever I wake up from these dreams the nerve center in the back of my head (base of skull above neck) gets hot and knotted.

2) Paralysis: I have come across many peoples descriptions of paralysis dreams but I dont know what to gather from them. However my paralysis is slightly different and similar to my puzzle dreams only in that it lasts around 10 minutes and I get a heated knot of nerves. Anyways I basically am lying in my room and then things start to go hazy and I start to sorta expand my senses. It's like I'm awake and what I'd hear usually if I strained hard to hear, I'd have an easy time hearing in this state. Only problem is that I am completely paralysed. Then I get to noticing other "presences" in my room. One is a little girl ghost I guess that is connected to me but I'm not exactly sure how (Will explain in a future post maybe.) and another that feels sorta masculane but is not a man nor woman. It has only spoken to me once though. Again I wont repeat what it said since some of you may take it the wrong way, but I will say its' "voice" shook my entirity. Usually in this state of paralysis I get in such a strong sense of fear that I break out of this heightened state.

(The two above happen it seems about every night, in order of Paralysis, and then puzzle dream. Then I can sleep for the night or have other dreams like the one I list below)

3) Other Life dreams: these are not what I'd call, past life dreams. Moreso they are dreams where I am another person in their entirity and forget myself for the length of the dream. What's really odd is that not only am I the person in the events of the dream, but during the dream I have all their knowledge and memories. As in I am able to recollect them as freely as if it were my own knowledge and memories, but only during the dream. Cause of course I cant recollect them now except for fragments. Anyways, yeah. Sorta odd for a dream nya?

Well if anyone has an opinion to share with me on my dreams please do so. Follow ATS rules and etiquette while at it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i think one should doubt everything here because it could lead you to paranoia like mine if you take them in as facts. but then again, doubt your doubt cuz it could still save you from the fire. run from fema!! i did. xP

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Welcome new ATS member nice to know military minds are open to the unknown, have fun.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Welcome new ATS member nice to know military minds are open to the unknown, have fun.

Nah, I'm not military mind at all. Moreso merc at the moment. 20 years I'm supposed to be able to retire. I'll save up money, buy myself some good land, etc. and have cash from retirement coming in every month. So goes my plan. Unless something actually does happen in the meantime to lose that.

Lets just say I'm not gungho about the military, nor am I a traitor/deserter.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Here as THE Furzball

...as opposed to THAT Furzball? Lottsa copies runnin' around loose? Just kidding...

...welcome to ATS, the bestest place in all THE world. ...as opposed to THAT world...

Welcome.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Here as THE Furzball

...as opposed to THAT Furzball? Lottsa copies runnin' around loose? Just kidding...

...welcome to ATS, the bestest place in all THE world. ...as opposed to THAT world...

Welcome.

Actually there are a couple I found in google. Originally it was a nickname made by my best bud for me. Basically I'm really hairy looking and my last name starts with Furz so he made it into Furzball (like furball). An unfortunant discovery of my googling my last name and the name furzball I found that "Furz" means "Fart" so technically my nickname is fartball by accident. BTW if anyone googles it Do Not Watch the Movies! Not of me but it is on level with two girls and a cup.

And really there should be no copies of me. I dear say one of me is quite enough. (Sweatdrop lol)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Furzball. I've only been here myself a few days....

In regards to your dreams - I've been trying to keep track of mine lately and I picked up a highly recommended dream book. Here's what it's got:

PARALYZE: Temporarily unable to function well, see clearly, due to fear.

PUZZLE: Not seeing the whole picture, only pieces of your life puzzle. Thinking of life as a puzzle; lacking clarity. Center energies, focus, concentrate on the problem and the answer will be there.

Sorry for the jumble - english is not this book's first language. But I have found it to be quite spot on when trying to figure out what's going on with my own mess of imagery.

Again, welcome, and best of luck with the puzzle!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thanks for trying regrowth. However in all my studies there is more to it then simply dream interpretation. As I tried to explain before, the paralysis is not happening while I dream. It is more like I am extremely awake, however my senses go up above what they usually are. However the downfall to the extreme senses is that I am paralysed.

The puzzle thing makes more sense. However I can get normal dreams without feeling like a meteor is about to shoot out of the back of my head. In both paralysis and the puzzles my nerves at the base of my skull get all hot and tight. Hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sorry, I know, bad me for double posting a few times in this thread. That 20post start thing gets bad if I try to stick to this thread and put in something thought out rather then going to random intro threads and saying a quick "hi".

Anyways I have a few ideas already to comment on once I get my potential posting ability. Titles will be
-A hairy situation: What is healthy hairstyling?
-ATS a Second Life
-ATS The Game

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Also in part wondering what do people think of Americorps and it's various branches?

top topics

join