It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Right now i can hear a strange noise its like a hellicopter or a engine being run. i live in the eastmidlands in the uk right near a rolls royce testing centre, could they be running something at night ? its pretty loud. and its been going on for about 1 hour.

i dont understand what it could be i've not heard this kind of noise around my area for 18 years and btw i am looking out side and i dont see a helli of anykind.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Grab all your cameras and video recorders, if they need juice plug them in, stay alert maybe something exciting could happen for you tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
will do my mobile is right next to me it has a cam on it. the noise is still going. i am tired but i really wanna know what it is.

do you have any ideas on what it could be ?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've also been hearing something similar for the last hour.. I'm in Manchester though..

At first I thought the missus had a fan or something on upstairs.. The funny thing is, it doesn't sound as loud in the garden..

Like you say, it sounds like a generator or engine running in the distance..

Odd.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Rolls Royce do actually make plane and helicopter engines.
So it could just be the night shift running something.
Or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's the USS Enterprise entering warp drive.
Seriously, Who knows, let us know.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now the hum has stopped (01.20) and it now sounds like a hair dryer or computer fan at a distance. There's nothing in the sky I can see as it's cloudy up here..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i saw a red flashing light and tried to film it however my mobiles not the best but it does play the sound very well. could someone tell me how to upload a video

thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

right guys if this work this is the video of the sound i herd last night. please ignore the people in the back ground thats justd friends playing.

I also tryed to film the red hovering light i saw as you can see i fail but the sound is still there it was there for about 1 - 2 hours.

Thanks antar for helping me upload a video.

thecrow

[edit on 10-8-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok, I have to say that I also heard the same sound several nights ago. I actually walked out on my porch and stood there listening, wondering what it was.

Almost like an airplane, and the sky at my house was overcast, so I couldnt have seen anything, but it did not have the sound of an airplane under overcast conditions.

I then stood thinking, maybe it is the sounds of trucks in the distance being amplified from the overcast skies.

That was what I figured it was, but hey I am ALWAYS open to more paranormal explainations...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
At the end of the audio it does begin to come in like a helicopter, are you sure one was not in the air in the distance? Did it get louder after the audio quits?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

it could well be what your saying

i'd like to think it was a alien craft

maybe some other people could of herd this noise

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

no it was not a heli i was looking around for about 10 mins. i did not see anything other than that hovering red light which did not move for atleast 30 mins

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Strangely enough, I heard something similar to this on Saturday night/Sunday morning. It started about 11.30pm and was still going well past midnight. Bear in mind I'm in the middle of rural Wales....

At the time, I thought it sounded like someone running a large ride-on lawnmower in the field behind where I live, but with a constant rate of RPM on the engine. Not that I could really imagine someone mowing a large field in the pitch-black dead of night, but that is what it sounded like to me at the time. Never thought any more of it until I read this thread.

Hmmm...

[edited for dodgy, "I've just finished half bottle of Southern Comfort" punctuation..]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Lozzo]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lozzo

seems like a couple of people herd this noise
strange lets hope it happens again, i am going out to find it next time.

and Southern Comfort man that words makes me feel ill from saturday night

new topics

top topics

join