It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with the ghost shows!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Most haunted is a waste of bandwidth. Sadly, people like those kind of shows. I guess a well thought out, intelligent show, is obviously of lesser value than a bunch of actors screaming at the slightest noise.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Can you fill me in on a few details of the Halloween episode? I didn't see any of the last one, I don't think. I know it was live, but what did they do exactly that you didn't care for? It's late and I hate to sit through watching the whole thing although I may tomorrow. Just wondering what you didn't like.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think you mean the Halloween one on Ghost Hunters? I have only seen Most Haunted a couple of times, and it is obviously fake. I don't mind Ghost Hunters as much, but even they don't help the spirits. The problem is that none of the shows help the spirits, except Paranormal State. I haven't seen the Halloween one in a while, I think I last saw it two years ago so I honestly can't say.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Yep, that's the one I meant. I watched the one where they went to the Stanley Hotel, but I don't think that is the most current Halloween show, but I could be wrong about that. I need to just watch it. Hopefully I'll be able to tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I agree that the quality of the episodes has gone down hill in recent times and each episode that goes by leaves me more worried that either producers or one of the TAPS team has been faking evidence to boost ratings. They also have a tendency to have guest investigators (particularly on Halloween) who are there to promote their shows and really don't help the investigation...

New Episodes will be returning soon I think, for now we have to deal with Ghost Hunters International...

I've only been on a handful of investigations and haven't tried any provoking mainly because I haven't needed to, I'd only resort to it after hours of peaceful investigation proved fruitless...

I am so glad that TAPS doesn't bring in psychics and relies mainly on scientific instruments like EMF detectors. The paranormal is in need of scientific study and I feel most of the shows associated with it don't help validate it...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
That's true. It depends on what psychic. I do know there are some legit psychics, but others are total scams. Anyone can be a psychic, but some are born with these abilities while others have to work on it. I suppose that psychics can't be scientifically validated, but a lot of them are simply for personal discovery. Go to eceti.org. He has some interesting stories. I've met him and seen some of what he has seen at his ranch in Washington. For instance, I know there is a spirit in my house. I can't scientifically prove it 100%, but I have gathered enough information to decide for myself there is a spirit.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Okay, I'll just throw this out there and people can take or leave it at their leisure:

I tend not to watch Ghost Shows like those mentioned purely because I find them laughable.

I find them laughable due to the whole theatrical nature of them.

I also find numerous other types of shows with Mediums and whatnot swaying around and skulking around supposedly haunted places doing the ol' "Hellooooo...is anyone there??? Hellooooo...do you wish to communicate with me?? Helloooooooo?" are ridiculous - and insulting, to spirits.

Seriously - theres not much difference between the living and those who have passed.
Simply because you have passed doesn't automatically relegate you to being spoken to like someone with a severe form of cognitive retardation.
The patronising approach of some of these TV Mediums is just...well...laughable.

Think about it.
Would you put up with someone saying "Hellooooo there. Hellooooo...would you like to speak to me. Helloooooo...we're hear to listen" while you're alive?
Not likely...you're likely to tell them to take their crystal ball, their burning incense, their headscalves and other paraphenalia and get up outa your face.
So why would you put up with it when you're passed?

Where I'm coming from is this:
Seeing, hearing, spooks, spirit, things that go bump in the night - yeah - nothing special in my culture. Its not something at all uncommon.
Perhaps we're a culture of freaks...who knows...but most certainly I know plenty of people who for whatever reason see and hear, who communicate and whatnot.
Theres really nothing that unique about it any moreso than having a keen sense of smell or sharp eyesight. Pretty much an everyday thing.

Another show that irks me (though granted it is purely *fictional*) is Ghost Whisperer, with Jennifer Love Hewitt.
I mean come on Jen! You're supposed to be someone who sees and hears the dead on the regular...so why oh why does she jump, get startled, freak out and scream any time Casper pops out???

I know numerous seers...and yeah...none of them I know get freaked out like that. Why would you when its just part of who you are and what your *world* consists of and has consisted of from a young age...its not something so scary and uncommon as to have you screaming like Jennifer...

Peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here's the live Halloween episode of Ghost Hunters.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Okay, I'll just throw this out there and people can take or leave it at their leisure:

I tend not to watch Ghost Shows like those mentioned purely because I find them laughable.

I find them laughable due to the whole theatrical nature of them.

I also find numerous other types of shows with Mediums and whatnot swaying around and skulking around supposedly haunted places doing the ol' "Hellooooo...is anyone there??? Hellooooo...do you wish to communicate with me?? Helloooooooo?" are ridiculous - and insulting, to spirits.

Seriously - theres not much difference between the living and those who have passed.
Simply because you have passed doesn't automatically relegate you to being spoken to like someone with a severe form of cognitive retardation.
The patronising approach of some of these TV Mediums is just...well...laughable.

Think about it.
Would you put up with someone saying "Hellooooo there. Hellooooo...would you like to speak to me. Helloooooo...we're hear to listen" while you're alive?
Not likely...you're likely to tell them to take their crystal ball, their burning incense, their headscalves and other paraphenalia and get up outa your face.
So why would you put up with it when you're passed?

Where I'm coming from is this:
Seeing, hearing, spooks, spirit, things that go bump in the night - yeah - nothing special in my culture. Its not something at all uncommon.
Perhaps we're a culture of freaks...who knows...but most certainly I know plenty of people who for whatever reason see and hear, who communicate and whatnot.
Theres really nothing that unique about it any moreso than having a keen sense of smell or sharp eyesight. Pretty much an everyday thing.

Another show that irks me (though granted it is purely *fictional*) is Ghost Whisperer, with Jennifer Love Hewitt.
I mean come on Jen! You're supposed to be someone who sees and hears the dead on the regular...so why oh why does she jump, get startled, freak out and scream any time Casper pops out???

I know numerous seers...and yeah...none of them I know get freaked out like that. Why would you when its just part of who you are and what your *world* consists of and has consisted of from a young age...its not something so scary and uncommon as to have you screaming like Jennifer...

Peace.

You're right. The shows are garbage because they are designed to entertain. A real ghost show would be much more boring because often they find nothing. People don't care if it is real as much as it is entertaining to watch. When I used to do EVP's with the spirit in my house I would always try to be respectful, since I'm sharing a home with her. I used to be frightened when
I saw her, but now I'm used to it so I just say hello. Since these people are "experts" they should be totally calm and relaxed when dealing with spirits.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Kemik, thanks for sharing that. What's so bad about the shows is they hurt the whole community of spirit people, I guess you'd call it. When people are used to seeing so many hoaxes, then they start to not believe anything about spirits anymore. I always thought that Ghost Hunters was real, but was just cruel to spirits. Now they're worse than before.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

I agree with you. If the ghost asks for help or is trapped, etc. they should try to help it move on. Ghost Hunters is more legitimate then Ghost Adventures but Ghost Adventures is more entertaining.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Any thoughts on "paranormal state" ? They try to help the ghosts/spirits, and those alive every time they determine something is present. They also bring in phychics/mediums when the feel it's needed.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have watched a number of Paranormal State Episodes. They don't usually seem to be able to produce any concrete evidence. The leader of the team seems to be sincere. They often seem to think the entities are demons rather then ghosts on many episodes. If Chip Coffey the medium is for real, then he is very, very talented.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Thanks for posting that, kemik. I tell you one thing, I don't like Jay. I never have and I really don't now. I didn't understand what they were trying to expose during one part of the video, but I saw enough to see that things are more staged than they want you to believe. I really do think they were legit to begin with but it seems that they're sell outs now. Too bad because they had a good thing going.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The problem I have with Paranormal State is that they seem to find something Every. Single. Time. I don't care who you are and how good of an investigator you are... you're not going to ALWAYS find something, even if the place IS haunted. Now, I could be wrong... I haven't watched the show in a while so it could be that there are times that they don't find evidence, but I just haven't seen it.

I do like that they try to help spirits to cross over... there was one show in particular where a little boy was seeing a spirit of a teenager that had been murdered... at least I think that's how it went. I haven't seen it in a while. But anyway, they did whatever it is they do to help the spirit to crossover and it supposedly did. That was nice of them.

One thing that gets on my nerves about them is that several times I have seen them go into a home yelling at the spirit to leave and that it isn't welcome BEFORE they ever even start the investigation. If they thought it was a demonic presence, then that is understandable, but on one particular show, they had no proof of what it was and just went in telling it to get out and it hadn't even done anything bad. The homeowner just suspected that she had a ghost. That annoyed me.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm a believer in the phenomena myself, but I would like to know how exactly you can 'help' a 'ghost' when noone knows what it is, whether it's an actual human spirit or some other scientifically explainable phenomena or demons or w/e. Please, no Sylvia Brown nonsense...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I remember that.
P.S. "Get out!!"
A few minutes later "Oh hi. We'd like to ask you some questions about your life please."

Now if I'm a spirit I'm not going to want to talk to someone who told me to get out of my house. I do like that they try to help the spirits sometimes, but it is fishy that they find a spirit every time. I don't know why they always think its a demon, because I imagine demons are extremely rare. There are negative spirits that aren't demons.

Do you remember the time they went to Gilliland's ranch on P.S.? They got all scared even though that place is a place full of positive and loving energy. I've been there and saw the lights James talks about in the sky and other paranormal activity. Yet Paranormal State made it theatrical rather than giving a more insightful look into the place.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChoronzonRising

Sylvia Brown is nonsense, lol.

Ok, I edited to try to answer your question, but I honestly, I don't know the answer because I don't know how to help them cross over. It is my belief that ghosts are disembodied spirits that don't know how to "go into the light," so to speak, but just because I believe it doesn't mean that's the way it is, lol. I WISH I knew how to help, but I don't know how. I do believe that some people can do this though. I just don't know how it works.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

I didn't see the Gilliland Ranch one. I'll have to see if I can find it on youtube.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChoronzonRising
I'm a believer in the phenomena myself, but I would like to know how exactly you can 'help' a 'ghost' when noone knows what it is, whether it's an actual human spirit or some other scientifically explainable phenomena or demons or w/e. Please, no Sylvia Brown nonsense...

You can tell sometimes if a spirit is trapped. For instance, what if the spirit said "Help me. Take me to the light." in an EVP? Now, regardless of whether you believe, it would do no harm to try and help this spirit pass on. It doesn't matter whether you believe in all that stuff, but you can try to help and comfort the troubled spirit.
(And I have never even listened to anything from Sylvia Brown, I hardly know who she is)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join