It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Congressman Makes Total Fool Of Himself When Confronted About Healthcare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Georgia Democrat yells at local doctor over health care

I have a feeling this doctor might be the next patriot who is going to be torn apart by the cowards in the Democratic Party and their 'pets' in the main street media.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have a suspicion that these people that they are calling"astroturf" are going th stand up at some point and kick congresses "grass".... You can't keep tweaking peoples noses and not expect retaliation!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I must say I kick of watching the Dems self destruct. They have become so self-righteous and paranoid that they think anything that questions their beliefs is a right wing attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Evidently he took the left wing propaganda hook, line and sinker.

healthcareforamericanow.org...

The people who show up are far right-wing ideologues recruited by paid organizers. Much of this recruitment and organizing is funded by industry lobbyists and public relations firms to engage radical right-wing groups. Many of these groups are motivated by far right ideology in general - not by health care as an issue. They are held together by a common vision of the world that centers on defeating Obama and his agenda. We can expect to see anti-abortion groups, pro-gun groups, insurance company employees (mandated by employers to come out), militia groups, and anti-immigration groups.

Do not debate on their “policy” points.

Interrupt them when they get disruptive and refocus the meeting.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That congressman was starting to sound like he was on the WWE "I'll give you a meeting anytime, anywhere! Whatcha gonna do when healthcare runs wild over you?! Whatca gonna do?!!!"

Seriously though, these reps and senators need to start listening to what these people are saying. If they would read the bill even half of it, they would see how it's going to tax people back to the stone age. If you have any left it'll go towards energy costs. Welcome to serfdom.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Please the people of Georgia need to rise up and outst this fool from Office, he is exactly what we dont need representing the civilians in Congress. This is ashame attacking the people he is working for, man how can we fire these people. I wanna get rid of Gov. Randell, Sen. Spector, Sen. Carney, Rep Murtha, Rep Kanjorski, Sen. Casey, HHS Sebilius, Sen Boxer, Gov Sandford, Ensign, Steele, this list goes on they all must go

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Testy Democrat legislators.

Maybe some time in the unemployment line will bring them back to earth.

Fourteen months and counting.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yeah, let's see you put up with the bullcrap they have to plow through and how well you keep it all together.

The congressman was wrong. It happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Yeah, let's see you put up with the bullcrap they have to plow through and how well you keep it all together.

The congressman was wrong. It happens.

The part about his being wrong I agree with.

The rest of your statement is less clear.

So, the Congressman is so overworked that he tongue-lashes citizens for asking simple questions?

He needs a new line of work.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I must say I kick of watching the Dems self destruct. They have become so self-righteous and paranoid that they think anything that questions their beliefs is a right wing attack.

You don't call being shouted down receiving death threats, people encouraging others to bring gins to these things... You do not consider the behavior of these people... attacks? How?

Regardless of political affiliation, anybody who acts like that, is in the wrong. whether it be republicans shouting down speakers before they have a chance to actually say anything, and gt the meeting closed down, or democrats ranting and shouting at the crowd... that behavior is appauling and is not what the democratic process is all about.

Note that I am not blaming any one political affiliation, because it is true, ANYONE who attacks others like has been happening as of late, is childish, and apparently incapable of intelligent debate in a civil manner.

people like that, on both sides of the fence are the ones to look out for. People like this are the far right and far left ready to fight to the death over an issue that ultimately is not worth attacking people over.

So you sit there and say that people were not attacking anybody? I have no idea how you can even imply that. I see people indicating that what this particular democrat did was horrible and at the same time turn around and defend republicans who acted the same way.

So my question to those people is why is it ok for some but not for all? If it is ok for some people to do it then it should be ok for all. It is either acceptable for all to act like this or it is not. There is no in between. It either is ok or it is not. So my question is, which is it, is it ok for all people to behave this way or not?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The only physical attacks I've seen reported so far in connection with these townhall meetings have been when the Democrats call in the unions. Haven't read of anyone brandishing a gin (gun?) at one of these.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

They do seem pretty paranoid, like everyone who questions them is "Astroturf". That name in of itself speaks volumes about what Dems think about those who oppose their version of healthcare reform. If your not with us, you must be paid for by the insurance companies. Take a look at what industries are the biggest contributers to the healthcare debate and which side they are on, you might be surprised which side is beholden to "Big Medicine".

The nation's drugmakers stand ready to spend $150 million to help President Barack Obama overhaul health care this fall, according to numerous officials, a staggering sum that could dwarf attempts to derail his chief domestic priority.......For comparative purposes, 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain was limited to spending $84 million a year ago when he accepted government money for his fall campaign.

At the same time, the drugmakers are counting on the White House to block efforts by House Democrats to extract more than $80 billion from their industry in the legislation.

news.yahoo.com... ugmakers

Sounds like the Dems don't want to admit where they are getting the money to run all these ads, or at least recognize the source of the money.

While the White House and Democrats benefit from PhRMA's help, they seem reluctant to discuss it openly. When PhRMA became the first big health care provider to agree to accept reductions as part of legislation, Obama made the announcement at the White House with the head of AARP in attendance. Billy Tauzin, the former Republican congressman who is head of PhRMA, was not invited. More recently, Reid omitted the drugmakers from a list of outside interests trying to help pass legislation.

Let's here the spinmeisters here work on this one.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here in Ga things are getting very heat up, most people are against the government health care program, its now a program against corruption in the cities and local government call "clean sweep" because miss management of state funds.

Also the tea parties are still in full gear even in my local small town.

So yes things in GA are not becoming any easier for both parties, democrats and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I have a suspicion that these people that they are calling"astroturf" are going th stand up at some point and kick congresses "grass".... You can't keep tweaking peoples noses and not expect retaliation!!!

Knowing that "You can't keep tweaking peoples noses and not expect relatiation!!!" is a fact makes me question who exactly has motive and incentive to instigate such a predictible reaction?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Please the people of Georgia need to rise up and outst this fool from Office, he is exactly what we dont need representing the civilians in Congress. This is ashame attacking the people he is working for, man how can we fire these people. I wanna get rid of Gov. Randell, Sen. Spector, Sen. Carney, Rep Murtha, Rep Kanjorski, Sen. Casey, HHS Sebilius, Sen Boxer, Gov Sandford, Ensign, Steele, this list goes on they all must go

Please include those two Senators from Maine, Collins and Snowe.

But this guy is so arrogant and full of self-importance and disregard for his constituents that he needs to be tossed out, and that right quick.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by KonigKaos

Please include those two Senators from Maine, Collins and Snowe.

But this guy is so arrogant and full of self-importance and disregard for his constituents that he needs to be tossed out, and that right quick.

Yes, .. sigh. I've met Collins and Snowe several times. With a friend in the service I met Snowe's aides in DC to talk about a conspiracy at Fort Dix, NJ Army Medical that actively denounces legitimate injury/illness claims of soldiers.. (I'm serious.) This was in early-to-mid 2007.

I'm ashamed to have even wasted my damn time. These cases we brought up are closed (obviously) and neglect and fraud continue at Fort Dix and Walter Reed...

(Edit: For fixing some spelling errors, 'cuz I'm like that.)

[edit on 12-8-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
it is surprising to me to see a thread like this right now....as i am looking up at the upside-down flag flying over the ATS logo.

why do you suppose the logo has been modified to look like that?

most certainly NOT to be gloating over the "self-destructing Democrats".

i will not tell you what it is there for, and i do not want you to tell me why either. i simply want anyone whom is thinking about posting further in this thread to give their words some serious thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
Evidently he took the left wing propaganda hook, line and sinker.

healthcareforamericanow.org...

The people who show up are far right-wing ideologues recruited by paid organizers. Much of this recruitment and organizing is funded by industry lobbyists and public relations firms to engage radical right-wing groups. Many of these groups are motivated by far right ideology in general - not by health care as an issue. They are held together by a common vision of the world that centers on defeating Obama and his agenda. We can expect to see anti-abortion groups, pro-gun groups, insurance company employees (mandated by employers to come out), militia groups, and anti-immigration groups.

Do not debate on their “policy” points.

Interrupt them when they get disruptive and refocus the meeting.

Where do i sign up to get paid to do this.
I could use the money to supplement my disablity checks

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Where do i sign up to get paid to do this.
I could use the money to supplement my disablity checks

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ANNED]

Apparently, on Craigslist.
Craigslist Chicago
Craigslist Sacramento

Depending where you are, there seem to be listings for quite a few bigger cities. They are paying you to get it passed, not protest it, though. I guess that's okay, since it is just an ad to bus people in to town halls to tell other people's reps that they want healthcare reform. It's only bad when people who want more information are supposedly bussed in. Funny how that works.

Take care,
Cindi

Edit to fix links

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Glencairn]

top topics

join