It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did that bank bailout go? Watchdogs aren't entirely sure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Wow, 9 trillion. I didn't know it was that much.

This does begs the question, to me it seems that they don't care how much money is "lost into a black hole" even if the American taxpayers are told about it and they are not afraid to say "it is lost".

Do they know something major is soon to happen, and this is the reason why they are not afraid of stealing all this money from us, and even telling us so to our face?

What could make these people so blatantly apathetic and oblivious, not caring about what the taxpayers might do to try to stop them from continuing to do this to us?

Something is afoot, or am i just grasping at straws here?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
IMO...A lot of it is being kept in the Feds Reserve Fund Account...

The Fed enacted a ~2% interest payment for members to keep their money there, as opposed to actually letting it out into the market...

This serves at least 2 purposes...

1) Parking the money keeps it from being leveraged 10x in the market and increasing inflation

2) The members parking the money (Banks) earn ~2% just leaving it there and if they could pull this off long enough, between the interest being earned and actually using the interest in HF Trading, could re-capitalize themselves given a long enough time frame...

Of course some of that is tied up in propping up AIG/Freddie/Fannie/GM/ect...

Then some it just plain gone to cover AIG's CDS to GS/MS/JPM/HBSC/Lloyds/ect overseas...

A deep hole to be sure... :shk:

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

I agree . I think some are waking, but not enough. It's gonna take something drastic....It would be nice to see TV go off line for a while. That would help.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You make some very interesting points PT. I hadn't viewed
the bailout from that perspective. I have a friend who works
in the investment business and he doesn't seem overly worried
about the state of the economy. He was postive about the steps
the Obama administration have taken to stop the freefall.

It is my belief that if we truly have a "Free Market" then the
big banks shouldve gone under just like any small business
would. The TOO BIG TO FAIL mantra leaves a very bad taste
in my mouth.

If they can't help me (I've been disabled for 2 years and
I'm still waiting to get a disability hearing) then how can they
help these multi-millionaire banksters? Unlike them I used to
actually produce things as opposed to these folks who run
around selling pieces of promissory paper backed by nothing.

Fractional reserve banking is debt slavery no question about
it. I'm not sure what the best alternative is but there are
people wiser than myself on such matters who do have the
answers. Keep up the great posts, folks like me can't get
the truth from the MSM and count on fellow ATS users to
stay informed. thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I really feel sorry
for your whole country and plus I am furious that this kind of ripoff is happening in my country too.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The reality is I don't believe most of the TARP money has gone anywhere.

The Federal Reserve has charged the Treasury and the Tax Payers for the loan (with interest of course) but it appears that very little of the money has actually left the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve seems to be keeping most of it on tap for the banks in case they actually need it.

Monetizing the 700 Billion by putting it out into circulation would have cause runaway and rampant inflation.

Ah, yes. There are now trillions sitting as static funds, poised to be injected into the active economy. At any time they could decide they have sucked us as dry as they might, then inject these funds, creating hyperinflation and collapsing the world economy - and especially those countries who bought our debt.

It will be ugly - unless... We can get rid of money altogether...

Abundance Paradigm, anyone? (Ref: My book, a tool to show how it works and how to get there.)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Do they know something major is soon to happen, and this is the reason why they are not afraid of stealing all this money from us, and even telling us so to our face?

What could make these people so blatantly apathetic and oblivious, not caring about what the taxpayers might do to try to stop them from continuing to do this to us?

Something is afoot, or am i just grasping at straws here?

I keep getting that feeling too. They are spending like there is no tomorrow, literally. Of course there are always predictions of doom, more now than ever with even scientists talking about possible electromagnetic radiation about to wipe out the power grid, global warming melting the ice so oceans will swamp much land, pole shift rearranging the earth's surface, there's lots to worry about. but politicians don't normally believe in this stuff other than as a means to rip off the public ("we need to prepare" or "we need to stop it with out expensive programs"). do they know something more definite this time that makes them think the piper will never have to be paid?

makes me sick to think that they might know of something catastrophic and their response is to rip us off more and faster. of course it could be something as simple as the dollar tanking. then nothing will need to be repaid and we will all be destitute, won't we?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Yeah, you are right. It could very well be an economic collapse, which is mostly what i was thinking about.

I kept looking online and found the following.

Harry Schultz newsletter

Conclusion: Stand by for a possible bank run & bank holiday on Aug 26th, after the news breaks on the 25th. (FDIC 2nd Qtr. Report)

This is in line with the HSL prediction of a US bank holiday in Aug/Sept.

If you live in the US, get 3 to 6 months household expense money out of banks now.

jsmineset.com...

Could it be that a bank holiday is about to be implemented around August 26? I am not sure how reliable this information is, however it does seem that the actions of the Feds, the elite, and in general what governments such as the U.S. have been doing lately could lend more credence to somehting like this happening.

Anyone know anyting else about this August 25-26 date being a "possible" holiday bank?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join