It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Willing to Hold Direct Talks With North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is quite a big deal I think, a bit of a pssitive in contrast to all the doom and gloom.

ABC News

The Obama administration said Sunday it is willing to hold direct talks with North Korea over its nuclear weapons if it first resumes international negotiations.
What are the implications of sending a former president to broker a deal?

Despite reports of his declining health, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il seems fully in charge of the reclusive communist country, White House national security adviser James Jones said.

Jones said former President Bill Clinton passed no official messages and made no promises during his mission last week to bring home two American journalists convicted of illegally entering North Korea and held in prison.

Making the rounds of the Sunday talk shows, Jones added few details. He did say Clinton "was able to convey his personal views of the issue of the moment, which is making sure nuclear weapons do not appear on the Korean peninsula."

It's amazing what a nice word in the ear from a CFR/NWO mouthpiece can accomplish!

"Meaning if they come back to the talks, we will talk to them bilaterally within those talks," Jones said. "We have coordinated all of this by the way with the other allies — the Chinese, the Russians, the South Koreans, the Japanese," Jones said. "So the path is clear, and President Clinton is a very convincing gentleman and I hope he was able to convince them."

Still, whatever doesn't kick of WW3 has to be good for you right?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting (S&F). So let me get this straight, as I believe this is how the talks will go down:

1) Retart 6 Nation Party Talks Begin
2) US & NK Slowly Begin Bilaterial Talks
3) 6 Nation Party Group Promises and "Provides" NK with Food and Fuel
4) US & NK Begin Serious Talks to dismantling Nuclear Program
5) NK gets upset and leaves, having used up all the food and fuel
6) Repeat Step 1 unless otherwise noted

I do often wonder what will happen when Little Kim II dies. Will stuff finally get serious or will North Korea still be the most isolated nation on Earth?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seems about right. That's how everyone else does it.

They all know the U.S. citizens won't allow any more military action.

Our only option left is to kill'em with kindness. It's amazing that we have put ourselves in this position.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I'd rather see this type of rhetoric that the war mongering drum beating of the past few months.

There's always some crazy ultimatum though, which is what I have a problem with, I don't really understand the following concept:

" If you start talking to six other nations, WE the nation who is most upset and can solve your problem easily, will talk to you afterwards."

It's very counter productive. If the US wanted to fix the problem, they could deal with it by themselves, just talk to em'.

Hell Bill got two people released and I thought they would rot in camps for those 12 years. We all new he was charasmatic. After all, he did go for the chubby chick down the hall.

In any case, it's good news, there needs to be more dialect before lil Kim has another hissey fit.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazze
Interesting (S&F). So let me get this straight, as I believe this is how the talks will go down:

1) Retart 6 Nation Party Talks Begin
2) US & NK Slowly Begin Bilaterial Talks
3) 6 Nation Party Group Promises and "Provides" NK with Food and Fuel
4) US & NK Begin Serious Talks to dismantling Nuclear Program
5) NK gets upset and leaves, having used up all the food and fuel
6) Repeat Step 1 unless otherwise noted

Unless somewhere inbetween steps 4/5 you insert - death of Kim Jong Il, everything goes to hell!

new topics

top topics

join