It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Honour Killings: Women and children burned alive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I truely think it has nothing to do with religion at all.
Yes, it has been done for so many years that it has
became a custom.
It REALLY is about Power & Control.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Originally posted by Chovy
from what I understand about these honour killings, if a daughter or son is wearing innapropriate dress code the father can just kill them? that sounds pretty barbaric.

This is a wiki definition and does not have any bearing on reality. Imagine a parent executing a child for wearing the wrong cloths - ridicules.

are you saying Muslim honor killings don't happen? they happen wether you like it or not.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
I truely think it has nothing to do with religion at all.
Yes, it has been done for so many years that it has
became a custom.
It REALLY is about Power & Control.

a sick twisted and barbaric custom.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

are you saying Muslim honor killings don't happen?

Actually, you just said that.

However I question the veracity of claims that Muslims execute their children as an article of faith. Further still, the wiki entry that claims Muslim kill their children because of the cloths they wear is true. If a Muslim has committed such a crime then he is un-Islamic.

Domestic violence happens across the world and in all societies and it not because of religion but because of ignorance and stupidity.

[edit on 093131p://pm3159 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Heres some quotes from the Koran

10. A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a field.

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says:

Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like . . . . (MAS Abdel Haleem, The Qur’an, Oxford UP, 2004)

9. Husbands are a degree above their wives.

The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:

. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, The Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 1, p. 165)

8. A male gets a double share of the inheritance over that of a female.

The Quran in Sura 4:11 says:

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311)

7. A woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s testimony.

The Quran in Sura 2:282 says:

And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).

6. A wife may remarry her ex—husband if and only if she marries another man and then this second man divorces her.

The Quran in Sura 2:230 says:

And if the husband divorces his wife (for the third time), she shall not remain his lawful wife after this (absolute) divorce, unless she marries another husband and the second husband divorces her. [In that case] there is no harm if they [the first couple] remarry . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 165)

5. Slave—girls are sexual property for their male owners.

The Quran in Sura 4:24 says:

And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands [as prisoners of war] . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 319).

4. A man may be polygamous with up to four wives.

The Quran in Sura 4:3 says:

And if you be apprehensive that you will not be able to do justice to the orphans, you may marry two or three or four women whom you choose. But if you apprehend that you might not be able to do justice to them, then marry only one wife, or marry those who have fallen in your possession. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 305)

3. A husband may simply get rid of one of his undesirable wives.

The Quran in Sura 4:129 says:

It is not within your power to be perfectly equitable in your treatment with all your wives, even if you wish to be so; therefore, [in order to satisfy the dictates of Divine Law] do not lean towards one wife so as to leave the other in a state of suspense. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 381)

2. Husbands may hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives (quite apart from whether they actually are highhanded).

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

4:34 . . . If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem, emphasis added)

1. Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.

The Quran in Sura 65:1, 4 says:

65:1 O Prophet, when you [and the believers] divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed waiting—period and count the waiting—period accurately . . . 4 And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, (you should know that) their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet. As for pregnant women, their period ends when they have delivered their burden. (Maududi, vol. 5, pp. 599 and 617, emphasis added)

)ust goes to show how Islam treats about women, it's a middle-ages, desert religion founded by a paedofile.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

And

"Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome."

-Sir Winston Churchill

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

Iv read the qu'ran 8 times in arabic, and nearly 4 times in english and i have yet to see any of these rules or actions stated anywhere.

Thank you - I appreciate your post.

Though I have not read all of the qu’ran even once, I’ve never even been tempted to associate this 'honor killing' with the Muslim belief system. Mainly because MSM keeps trying to shove that correlation down my throat.

So I know where this practice of 'honor killing' originated, no.
But will I jump on the bandwagon and attribute it to someone else's God especially when FOX or CNN tell me to do so?
Not me.

On another note: As much as I abhor this kind of behavior, I don't think it's the business of a Westerner, grown up in a Western culture bearing a Western mind set to judge these people.

Right or wrong - it's not our culture, it's not our people, it's not our problem!

The Western mind set and belief that - we are here to ‘save the world’ - has caused more wars, problems and deaths than these 'honor killings' ever will.

Leave them alone to work it out on their own.
One of these days the women will rise up in the night and slit the throat of a couple hundred of these men.
The survivors will realize it’s time to put an end to these ritualized killings because, if for noting else, they have to sleep sometime.

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm sorry but the problem with leaving them alone is that they are bringing their archaic religion to our shores in the western world and doing their so called "honour killings" on our land. So i'm afraid we simply )ust can't leave them alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
reply to post by silo13

I'm sorry but the problem with leaving them alone is that they are bringing their archaic religion to our shores in the western world and doing their so called "honour killings" on our land. So i'm afraid we simply )ust can't leave them alone.

They keep it to their own lands,
Now i think the main problem is when you bring death to THEIR land

[edit on 10-8-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well can you explain trhis to me mr. chivo,or fabithon

Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

God Kills the Curious

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us? (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Kill Brats

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

you want more you ignorant barbarian? do some research before you post something you saw on wikipedia. i'm so tired of people talking bad about islam when they heard it from an idiot.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

the point was already made that the west does honor killings in some
shape or form. your comments on stereotypes is the one that's tiresome. stereotypes are exaggerations but they are based on truth. you can't sit here and defend muslim honor killings just because you're tired of hearing it. and it's not just poor backwards countries that do it. my wife is from mauritius which is half muslim half hindi and i can't even tell you all the stories about girls being gang raped then being sent to prison or labeled as a whore. the burnings are fairly seldom but it does happen in "normal" countries. one man got a 10 year jail sentence for burning his wife and upon release a family offered their daughter to him in marrige. yes, seriously.

speaking of any time period before the 1970's women were treated like dirt on a global scale. in america women did not speak until spoken to, especially when the news was on. a lot of you are just too young to remember. ask your grandparents how women were treated in america in the early half of this century.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

Yes it might say this stuff in the bible, but unlike a backwards religion that still carries out stonings, mutilations and treat their women 2nd class Christians have become more civilised and moved on with the times!

Also i don't think many Christian countries let their Bible dictate the laws of the land!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

The god of the old testament is a completely different god then that of the new testament. The old is )ewish, the new is Christian and the Real God. You can tell by the way the old testaments God preached vengance & revenge, where-as the new testament preaches love & peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think it is more cultural, than religious, here every so often in the newspaper is a Sikh killing one of his family, usually over a marriage... I mean it is rare but it happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle

speaking of any time period before the 1970's women were treated like dirt on a global scale.

...thats an exaggeration... you should have said "many women"...

in america women did not speak until spoken to, especially when the news was on. a lot of you are just too young to remember. ask your grandparents how women were treated in america in the early half of this century.

...not only do i remember the 1970s, i was already an adult... i dont know any female who "did not speak until spoken to" and that includes my mother's generation and my grandmothers' generation (both of whom would be WAY over 100 years old if they were still living)... you should have qualified your statement with the word "some"...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think it has less to do with religion and more a minority of people from the Middle East and Indian Subcontinent, for example:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Honour killing is not part of the Muslim religion despite what ever that wiki editator is claiming. However, honour killings are practised by backwards cultures and in Western countries by Westerners. In the West, it is called crimes of passion or domestic violence.

No it isn't. Honour killings may be a type of domestic violence, but that doesn't mean domestic violence deaths are honour killings. This is an ongoing attempt to muddy the waters.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by Chovy

Originally posted by Chovy
I'm just trying to understand why Muslims do this to the people they love.

Good question. No idea why...it is certainly not part of their religion.
As the name says, it must be something to do with a misplaced sense of honour.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by babloyi]

how about because they are barbaric and nuts. they only have themselves to blame. can't blame the zionists or westerners for this, they do it to their own people...they have had no positive impact to the human race. the ones that are able to think critically have left for saner pastures, so to speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join