It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crashed through pensioner's house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is from a few days ago... I was wondering if anybody knew anything more about it? I can only find one source. There's no detailed pictures of ufos here, only an article, so if you're expecting to find 'evidence' your in the wrong thread - don't paste me for posting dross. I just want some local information if that is at all possible.

A pensioner from west Hull has described the terrifying moment when a metal object from the sky smashed through the roof of his house.

Peter Welton, 75, was in the bedroom of his home when he heard a loud bang.

The great-grandfather said: "My first thought was terror – it was a hell of a shock.

"If it had landed in the street and hit anybody it would have killed them."

The mystery object, weighing four pounds, made a big hole in the roof of Mr Welton's house and landed in the loft.

Source
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fb85fb15b71.jpg[/atsimg]

I checked some other forums and nothing much has been said. I just find it odd that the MOD took the object.

[Mod Edit - Trimmed external quote]

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the object was likely man-made space debris, considering the nearly angular shapes that seem to have survived reentry.

It is also possible the material was found to be radio actively 'hot,' which legally (and rightfully) needs to be secured for safe disposal.

But that is just my take on it.
M.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Yeah, it's a shame the picture is so naff. When I read he lifted the object with oven gloves I immediately thought 'radiation'
be careful... I didn't link this to the MOD but yeah, it would make perfect sense that it could be dangerous and there is nothing sinister about it being taken away.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It looks like space junk to me. It's not surprising, really:

With the sharp straight edges it does appear to me man made, or perhaps some sort of space rock?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My first guess would be orbital debris. I doubt it is anything alien.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A couple of things puzzle me... If it is space junk made by man, what sat's or things would need to use a big piece of solid metal like that? It's 4lbs on earth (0.9kg=2lb) now so it must have been a fair big bigger to beging with.

Also, the houses round there are tiled roofs which house a loft, the floor of which is usually weak plasterboard... why did the object stop in the loft? It is heavy enough to break through this I am sure.

I do however agree that space debris is the most likely explaination.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Because it was probably twisted and deformed like that during the explosion that caused the debris, or more likely during its re-entry into the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That's the straightest round mass I've ever seen!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
That's the straightest round mass I've ever seen!

Yeah... from what I've read that's the kind of leading stuff to expect from this local news source.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Hi,

I was, many years ago, in touch with one of the chaps from the Hull UFO Society. I will do some digging and see if they have heard anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Forrester Way is full of bungalows for OAP's...my old step mum lives there!
By Mr Welton's age I'd say he's in a bungalow.
I'll pop round tomorrow and have a snoop around, see if she heard it or has seen anything strange since....
I live in Hull and have not heard anything about this, not in the local news anyway...maybe I missed it!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
I'll pop round tomorrow and have a snoop around, see if she heard it or has seen anything strange since....
I live in Hull and have not heard anything about this, not in the local news anyway...maybe I missed it!

I'm told it was in the Hull Daily Mail last week sometime.
Possibly even on the front?!
Good idea to have a look, maybe someone has seen something or something, worth a go if it's not too far from you.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looks flat.
The sides of the triangle look like walls.
So.
Chip away bigger pieces.
Poor maintenance.
The fleet is getting old.
Rookie pilots.
The Tesla UFO electricity is at atom busting levels.
Yeah.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I wonder if he could sue if he found out who it belonged to ? lol

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
man, that would suck
imagine if that hit somebody wouldnt be much left! there is always this fear in the back of my mind that somthing is going to fall out of the sky and kill me

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It doesn't look like something that re-entered the atmosphere. The sharp edges would likely appear rounded due to ablation if it had re-entered the atmosphere.

It almost certainly is not natural...

Chances are it's a lump of metal that came from a factory/workshop. This happens from time to time, when machinery under extreme stress/moving quickly suffers a failure. Metal chunks can fly a long way, and pass through walls and roofs under the right circumstances.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Nice one. Keep us informed because that 'object' looks exactly like old lead flashing from a chimney. All bent, folded and creased...like lead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfa92fb5839d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good find,
If you go to the source of the OP's post, 3 seperate people are reporting seeing strange lights in the sky over Hull over a 3 day period around about that time.

interesting stuff

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi,
I'm struggling with this one. First of all I'm sure that if it was from a manmade satellite then it wouldn't be just a big hunk of metal. I understand that on reentry smaller metals could twist and melt to form a different object but it is too much for me to believe that 4lbs of solid metal would be formed... maybe I'm being stupid but I can't see the physics behind this.

As for lead.... I don't know. There was a fair bit of lead theft going on this time last year because scrappies and metal merchants were paying good money for it but the thing is flashing is like 5mm thick at most. To recreate this object you would have to melt it down.

As for coming from a factory... could be, I don't know what's round there but I don't thik sharp edges should be your evidence for this... just google 'I found a meteor' or something and you'll see how many are a very similar shape.

I'm not saying it's aliens of a craft or anything like that, I just don't think it's anythig that anyone has suggested.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join