It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Fortress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just started reading Dan Brown's Digital Fortress. If you haven't read it, Digital Fortress is the name of an encryption code that the NSA's TRANSLTR can't break.

TRANSLTR is the name of the massive super computer used to decode encrypted e-mails. Most e-mails with 128bit encryption take I think like 2 mins to crack or some figure in the low minutes.

Anyway, I don't know if TRANSLTR actual exists or not. What actual and confirmed systems does NSA, CIA, FBI (although with recent reports I would doubt they have a super computer), or other agencies have, and what do they do.

A link to any articles would be really cool. I found some stuff on PBS and other sites but they were pretty weak.

I really only want confirmed stuff, no "they have this secret black project they deny exists" and whatnot. Of course, I guess they say even comfirmed stuff doesn't exist don't they. Okay, just let me know of the stuff that is as close to completely comfirmed as possible. Preferably I'd like NSA stuff but will take what I can get.

Thanks...

I couldn't find a thread will a limited topic like this, but feel free to trash this thread if there is one and I appologise in advance for wasting space.

-The Big O

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If you search enough on the web you can find a few bits and pieces about it. They will deny all of it of course, they even denied themselves at one point. NSA, No Such Agency. But as long as people work for them, we will have acces to what ever happens behind the walls.
I will send you what i come up with.

Ash.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a great book. All of Dan's books are good.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just finished reading this book as well, and I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a TRANSLTR-comparable machine. It would make perfect sense that a computer built for the same purpose, perhaps not in the same size/speed/description, but they definitely have something in that same regard.

The one thing in the book that I heard about years ago was the BrainStorm program/machine. Although the name is probably different, William Cooper described a machine in "Behold a Pale Horse" that was capable of the same thing: taking an idea or proposal for a world event, and predicting the events that would follow after it, including stock market projections, gov't/regime collapse, public reactions, etc.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

TRANSLTR is the name of the massive super computer used to decode encrypted e-mails. Most e-mails with 128bit encryption take I think like 2 mins to crack or some figure in the low minutes.

In order to actually crack a key that long, in that amount of time, they would need some sort of quantum computer, and as much as we'd all like to say "the government has much more advanced technology!", quantum computing is still mostly theory.

here is a very good web site on the subject:
www.cs.caltech.edu...

top topics

join