It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you happy? Why or why not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Thanks for asking...

I have every reason to be unhappy. My business of 25 yrs tanked, I'm financially insolvent, lost what little retirement I'd saved and now have had to go back to work and reinvent myself. But it's the reinvention process that is so exciting and making me happier than I have ever been.
Perhaps I've gone crazy. I should be scared for my future but I don't care anymore; I just live one day at a time and make it a party.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What an incredible comment. I read your posts quite often, and I would never have guessed you have been through difficulty. Fantastic attitude.
After reading all this, and comments on other threads, I feel I am walking on eggshells.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You know what, I have never even thought about it that way. And it makes alot of sense. I think alot of people would maybe have better lives if they just focused on being content instead of completely happy.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I tell you what; I spent most of my twenties and thirties misserable as hell, hating myself, worried about the future, deep depression..
Along the way I faced some demons, sorted myself out, went back to the demons for another round....you do come to a point sometimes where you go, damn it, thats enough. i dont think anyone is happy all the time. but i'm at the point in my life where i cant be BOTHERED being unhappy any more.
Two weeks ago i walked out of my job, with enough money for maybe six weeks. Jobs aer scarce where i live, the future aint too s**t hot..but.. and this is the truth.....I wake up every day, open the curtains and think how freaking great it is to be me, right here right now. the Future hasnt happened so Im just gonna be here now, cos thats ALL THERE IS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join