It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you happy? Why or why not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm a mix. I'm happy because I'm blessed with a great family and great friends, but unhappy because I have severe anxiety issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have family and anxiety issues. One of my sons absolutely hates me, and the other one I get along with fine. It is awful when your children will not talk to you. So, yeah I am unhappy a good deal of the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm happy because I love someone and she loves me....and...I'm 17 and thats never happened for me before.

I'm not happy because the girls mum hates me (Shes younger, the mum doesn't like it, I don't entirely blame her.) and she caught us talking after she already thought she'd stopped us.

Now shes deleted the girls IM and taken her phone leaving us no way to tlak to eachother. (We don't live near eachother)

I also suffer from depression which is really kicking in right now, and making me drone on and on and on
haha...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Happiness is not a goal for me. I don't think about it. Whether or not I am happy is irrelevant.

I am content, and I try to avoid misery.

Edit to add: I think Woody Allen said something to the effect of:

People are divided into two groups. The horrible and the miserable.
The horrible are in terrible circumstances. They are terminally ill. They are deformed, ect.

The rest of us are just miserable.

[edit on 8/9/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am VERY unhappy right now. Life is doing to me something that i don't believe to deserve:i have no alternative choices after all, i try to react, but just in order to survive. Sometimes it might happen that no one will incline to hear your cry: that is the moment you realize that sometimes you can be be completely alone in this world. And now i am.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Awww. Can we help?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mainly happy, with the occasional strop. I try not to let stuff get to me, because "it's" easier to deal with, if it's not twisting and writhing around in your head driving you insane. Always look for a happy way to deal with stuff.

Internos, sorry to hear life's throwing poo at you dude, it'll get better, it's what lfie does. Just keep on keeping on, try not to sweat it, you can come through anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

People are divided into two groups. The horrible and the miserable.
The horrible are in terrible circumstances. They are terminally ill. They are deformed, ect.

The rest of us are just miserable.

Gee that's kinda morbid. But in today's world, and how most people insist at how depressed they are, I kinda wonder if they're not just whining and are telling the actual truth!

I hope someday there is a paradigm shift and people are Happy.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I am VERY unhappy right now. Life is doing to me something that i don't believe to deserve:i have no alternative choices after all, i try to react, but just in order to survive. Sometimes it might happen that no one will incline to hear your cry: that is the moment you realize that sometimes you can be be completely alone in this world. And now i am.

You're not alone! We love you! And I don't mean that sarcastically either.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I'm pretty unhappy most of the time.
I'm goin through a relationship break up and feel everything is a uphill struggle.
got a lot of complications goin on, and its bringin me down a lot of the time.
Some days are ok----I've got some really good friends to lift me up, but like internos, sometimes the world can also feel a very lonely place.
Guess I'm on a downer today----
But hey things can only get better so they say---just wish they'd kinda hurry up !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Over 3 years ago:

My father died
I lost my job
My wife left me
I had to claim bankruptcy

All this happened in the space of 3 month's.

Then I discovered that I had over 100 kidney stones.
I am now on disability due to passing 2 on average per month.
I live half my life in pain and on heavy duty painkillers (morphine)

When someone asks me how is it going, I always reply,

"Life is Good"

I have learned to be content in my world, just like ladyinwaiting stated.

I require no pity and get upset whenever it is shown. There are millions of people worse off than me. Who am I to complain ? (and who would listen)

Now happy? Yes sometimes I am downright ecstatic, otherwise I am just content.

Life is Good

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Flag for you for giving folks a place to go to vent. It seems there are a whole lot of unhappy people out there. I hope this changes someday...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm contented enough in myself and my dog's happy.

The problem is I'm living in a house that's far too big for me and the garden is so big it's almost impossible to manage.

The house is very damp downstairs and cold and draughty. Winter is coming.

I want to move because the house is so difficult and expensive to heat but the area is fantastic. We're right on the edge of the forest and the views are spectacular.

Last year when it snowed it was like a fairyland outside but we froze when we were indoors.

It will break my heart to leave, I'll have to give up the little colony of rats who live in the garden and I may never find a place so close to the forest again.

The alternative is to live in the equivalent of an ice-box and watch all my books and clothes get ruined with the damp.

I need to move, but I haven't the slightest inclination to make the required effort. I will regret this, not only because I will freeze all winter but in a couple of months all the trees on the other side of the fence will shed their leaves into my garden and I will have to rake them up.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Life is good because of the existence of people like YOU. That's why life is good. What a GREAT person, im sure you are. I don't know you, but i've felt much saddeness reading what you wrote, and i'm sure that you've never done anything to deserve that (WHAT is supposed to do one, to deserve all that?). Sometimes fate behaves like some drunk guy taking some random actions. Or maybe it happens to us because we are able to cope with all that better than others. I don't know the why. But believe it or not, your post gave to me some courage that i thought to have lost forever. No one will give you your dad back in this life, but i'm ready to bet anything that you will get back everything else that you have lost, all that you need is to don't give up. My problem is very different, nothing to do with health, but in order to explain to you ho i do feel i can tell you that everyday some ghosts are coming from my past to recall to me to have done something of bad. What i did wasn't illegal, actually it was my duty, I had no alternatives, but all in all i'm fighting with this issue everyday.
Thanks ladyinwaiting, Acidstatic and Donnie Darko for your nice words: they meant a LOT to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, I get the distinct impression that whatever these ghosts are from your past, you will send them packing before long. We all have untapped inner strength. If you need to fight a few ghosts, then that is exactly what you will do.

My best to you. If you need to talk....you have us.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

SHOOT! I hate all this has happened to you. I hate that you are in pain.
I dont think it's like, karma. I don't . It's all random. (I tried to say that quietly, so nobody would hear me).

Why don't the damn doctor's DO something? Can't they break those up with a lasar? (My brother passed a kidney stone in the bathroom at Lowe's. ) Ouch.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what happiness is?

I don't think I've ever truly been happy. Just knowing to fake a smile at certain times is all I do.

Nothing makes me smile for no reason.

I guess the upside to it is, if I don't know what happiness really is, then I cannot know what sadness really is either. Emptiness.

:shrugs:

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Can someone tell me what happiness is?

Happiness is illusory. It's fleeting too.

Contentment is a state of being, and far more worthwhile pursuing. The problem is it's not so easy to commodify and thus sell, so you tend to hear less about it.

What tribewilder had to say was priceless. He's richer than a lot of 'successful' people, that's for sure.

Dignity, poise, forbearance. He's earned my respect in a few short words.

The reason many don't attain such heights is because in pursuit of happiness they become distracted by the superficial. Depth is formed in a person as they pursue higher aims that lift them above the moment and a feed a determination to make one's life count for more than personal satisfaction.

It's a paradox: in prioritizing self-fulfillment we lose out. As long as we remain egocentric we remain trapped.

If we have peace with God, peace with fellow man and peace with self, circumstances may be fortunate or unfortunate, but we remain blessed.

And it can be found.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know about anxiety issues all too well. I use to have severe panic attacks. I had them everyday all day for 4 months straight about two years ago. I had no idea what was causing them. I actually went to the hospital one time from one and the doctor said it was just stress. But I had felt fine and nothing was stressing me out. Took me awhile to learn how to control them. Usually if I start to feel anxious now, I lay down, and just keep repeating poitive things in my head, which then relaxs me, and it goes away in the matter of a minute.

On the other hand, about your question, Ive always been confused with my happiness. I had a hard time in my childhood and most my teenage years. So I had to pretend to be happy alot of the time in order not to lose my mind. So when someone always asks that question, I always reply that I dont know if im truley happy or just psyching myself out that I am.

Good question though so Star and Flag.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind me suggesting alternative remedies for your kidney stones. I did a quick google search and this site seems to be very informative.

www.urologychannel.com...

I hope something there will help you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join