It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Lawmaker Gets Death Threat Over Health Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
"WASHINGTON - A North Carolina congressman who supports an overhaul of the health care system had his life threatened, as increasingly raucous protests are greeting pro-reform lawmakers at town hall meetings across the country."

Well I guess the revolution is just around the corner. This is what happens when people see that protest and voting have failed and the political elite care only for themselves.

Maybe they will start to get the message and start listing to the people not their pocket books. But with all the staffing at the FEMA camps and mass graves ready to go , I think it may be a bad winter hopefully with a good sping.

Link>>

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
After reading the article it would make sense that Barney Frank would say that the protesters are trying to disrupt the democratic process. Barney Frank is blatantly out of his mind. The US is a democratically elected Republic. Which means that the people elect representatives that have the power to vote on issues. The representatives are to listen to and represent the constituents with their vote. Representatives are not to vote solely on the basis of their opinion or gut feeling. To do so makes them a "noble class" and therefore acting unconstitutionally at best and treasonous at worst.

To say that people voicing an objection or telling a representative how to cast their vote for the people they represent is exactly how the process should work. The town hall meeting is a good way of gaining a consensus, stacking these meeting with hand picked members for the audience is the "disruption of the democratic process."

For the NC Lawmaker to not allow access to his constituency via meeting (town hall or otherwise) is a disruption to the process.

Be nice for a change if we had Americans running for office.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

The US is a democratically elected Republic. Which means that the people elect representatives that have the power to vote on issues. The representatives are to listen to and represent the constituents with their vote. Representatives are not to vote solely on the basis of their opinion or gut feeling. To do so makes them a "noble class" and therefore acting unconstitutionally at best and treasonous at worst.

Unless, of course, they listen to and represent constituents other than yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Basically. I think people are finally beginning to belive that the us government isn't run by or for the people anymore.

Uncle Sam only looks out for those social and political elite. I wonder how far this is going to go before uncle sam does something stupid and this powder keg explodes!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
People in government receive death threats on a nearly daily basis, that is not news?

Members of the house and senate, and presidential administration, threats via e-mail, letters, cards and other ways. Just about all elected office holders at some point receive some kind of death threats.

Apparently it is only news when those threats are over healthcare reform.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

What does the article have to do with Barney Frank . He is never metionned in the article. Democratic Rep. Brad Miller received the death threat. But the ydo go on to talk about Palin with "Obama wants to kill my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome".

[edit on 9-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
According to Harry Reid anyone who disagrees with the Democrat health plan are a disruptive influence on the democratic process. How daft could one person be? The fact that this form of government is called democratic lends itself to fact that the PEOPLE have the voice. Reid just doesn't understand it seems that disagreement leads to compromise. IF it doesn't lead to compromise,it leads to revolution.

My Democratic Congressman is refusing to hold town hall meetings. He has opted to have phone in radio shows. Guess what,he is going to hand pick the questioners and the questions he is asked. How is that for ballsey?
Afraid to meet your constituancy much? John Tanner of Tennessee,you are a real hero,I mean zero.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I made a point about this in another thread on this guy.

So, protesters are giving out death threats if they don't get it their way?

Wow, that's American...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

mea culpa... Harry Reid was quoted in the article. However Barney Frank has made a similar worded statement.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I actually believe that healthcare expenses need evaluated as well as other aspects investigated and reformed, however the Bill as presented is not the best way to achieve these goals. As written and left without serious checks and balances, it gives the Federal government a huge check over the population. Something that the Constitution does not allow as a Federal Power is direct power over individuals that have done nothing criminally wrong.

But given the track record of the government look into the history of the VA or even the Mustang Ranch. The government failed to be able to run a whorehouse. Is there a more simple business model to run than a whorehouse? And they want to rush headlong into the complexities of healthcare...sorry not without clear direction and time to hammer out details.

top topics

join