It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celante estimates a revolution takes about 1/3 of the USA to wake up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

All this does is emphasize the point that its so far from reality its comical to discuss any farther.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

No, it just emphasizes your inability to see the point...

Very simple....If you are for human liberty = GOOD GUYS
If you are for human sacrifice = BAD GUYS

The object is to use any justifiable method at ones disposal to make the bad guys quit enslaving good guys...get it?

Per your suggestion I reviewed page Three of this Thread. I reread your post and it still lacks a point based in fact. Now I read this post and still no real means in which you plan on identifying a common enemy for the American people to stand against in your revolution. So please, as I have asked, provide some clarity to your point of view.

- Who and by what means will an organized revolution take foot and last past a week in this country?
- Who will fund, feed and shelter your revolutionary army?
- Who will lead your revolutionary army? How will it be structured? Where will your supplies come from, Dicks Sports? There are no foundry's/skilled work force/factory to produce what your army will need to fight its revolution.
- How does your revolutionary army identify those that commit human sacrifice?
- How will you communicate with other nations in efforts to seek their support once fighting begins?
- How will you communicate with like minded individuals across the country when communications are cut.
- Who is the identifiable enemy that your revolutionary army will face? Are they fellow Americans?
- Do you believe Americans will organize and fight one another under a recognized leader in todays world of interstate commerce and trade? Not to mention how families are stretched all over the country. How will you convince people to kill one another?
- How will a replacement Government be put in power? Who will lead, what will laws be based upon? What body will enforce these new laws? Are you currently working with a team of people to ratify a new Constitution? Will a Constitution even be needed in your new Government?
- Do you believe self-governance would supply food for the masses? People are too dependant on the current system to work towards feeding themselves. You try it for a month. See if you could grow a garden and hunt food to feed the people that live on your block. What about clean water?
- Who will rebuild the country?
- Will reparations be paid to the impoverished?

These questions are not even the more serious of the questions that your revolution needs to answer.

Not one of these questions will be answered - because this is all fantasy.

An intelligent military officer with a large enough portion of dedicated troops, backed by a good portion of citizens leading a revolt would answer every single question you've listed above.
It's happened all over the world throughout human history.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

Guerrilla warfare. Enough said.

No organized armies. Just a LOT of pissed off people with guns, shooting and hiding, or blowing things up and hiding.

Like Iraq.

It would still be a war.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
"revolution" is not the proper paradigm to get anything done today, but a slave revolt might work.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't know what to say. I could concede and say your right, we really do need at least some guerrilla warfare to straighten this county out. That's just the foolish ramblings of frustrated single men that are pissed at their circumstance though. Thats kind of base - so I apologize...its just the pro-revolutionaries that keep supporting this seem to have nothing to lose. No children, wife or meaning. They seem to want some sort of excitment thats missing in their lives. We don't need to kill each other to change the state of the country. Can't you see that it would only make things much, much worse.

There is no feasible way anyone in the modern military that could break off a section of troops to attack itself. Do you see how foolish that sounds when you read it. You think that its 100% plausible that an Army General takes a tank platoon willing to follow his orders and shoot at other Americans? And you don't think this General will be stopped the moment this is mentioned? Nothing but more fantasy....come on guys.

There will be no revolution - unless you can present cause, action and resolution.

admriker444 - outlines it best in the following quote. Your dreams of revolution are poorly thought out and need to be reconsidered.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
guerilla warfare is just what the elite would want. it would give them more excuses to clamp down on our freedoms.

you can kiss the right to protest or assemble at all away if a guerilla war was happening.

the goverment might round up all of the conspiracy theorists as a precaution and put us into fema camps.

the media would potray the guerillas as terrorists. they might even blow up a few school buses to turn public opinion against them.

i doubt it would make things better and likely would make things a whole lot worse.

a direct military confrontation against the US Goverment is pure insanity. A bunch of hungry rednecks with their 12 guage shotguns and 22's would get their asses handed to them by the most powerful military the world as ever known.

a revolution isnt gonna work here in the USA. it didnt work in 1776 and it wont work now. The banks own us, they own the enemy. They own everything.

Only one way to take that control away...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The utter simplicity of your statements remove your credibility. I'm not even going to give credence to your GOOD GUY, BAD GUY human sacrifice comment. I admit to the silly nature this thread has resorted to. You want to stop human sacrifice, you need a revolution to do that. I can't argue with that.

Watch out Zombies for the next 13 miles!

Your questions are hilarious...only a .gov shill would use such simple tactics to try to gain intelligence

My simple response was for your clarification....it didn't work..

Do you support the right of free men to live without compulsion or coercion?

Yes or no?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The problem is that you can't debunk a man that is so pissed off. You can't rationalize him out of existence. So you guys can say this and that about guerrilla warfare in this country but it will have nothing to do with whether or not you'll actually see it here in a few.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The utter simplicity of your statements remove your credibility. I'm not even going to give credence to your GOOD GUY, BAD GUY human sacrifice comment. I admit to the silly nature this thread has resorted to. You want to stop human sacrifice, you need a revolution to do that. I can't argue with that.

Your questions are hilarious...only a .gov shill would use such simple tactics to try to gain intelligence

Yes or no?

You still can't offer support for your claims that a revolution is necessary

Do you really believe human sacrifice is committed by the BAD GUYS?
or
Do you really believe you can lead a revolutionary army to defeat the people committing human sacrifice?
or
Do you really feel a compulsion to continue your foolish argument in support of a revolution?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The problem is that you can't debunk a man that is so pissed off. You can't rationalize him out of existence. So you guys can say this and that about guerrilla warfare in this country but it will have nothing to do with whether or not you'll actually see it here in a few.

Who is the enemy you will be fighting with this guerrilla warfare?
Other Americans?

I get it, its a poem. You wanted to write a poem about guerrilla warfare right there.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I don't know what to say. I could concede and say your right, we really do need at least some guerrilla warfare to straighten this county out. That's just foolish ramblings frustrated single men that are pissed at their circumstance.

There is no feasible way anyone in the modern military that could break off a section of troops to attack itself. Do you see how foolish that sounds when you read it out. You think that its 100% plausible that an Army General takes a tank platoon willing to follow his orders and shoot at other Americans? And you don't think this General will be stopped the moment this is mentioned? Nothing but more fantasy....come on guys.

There will be no revolution - unless you can present cause, action and resolution.

You have got to be kidding me right?
Do some research of history over the last 100 years and tell me it is not plausible that a military officer would be able to successfully or unsuccessfully do such a thing.

Here, I'll give you some recent ones.
Honduras:
"In the early hours of 28 June 150 balaclava-clad soldiers from the Honduran military surrounded the house of President Manuel Zelaya in downtown Tegucigalpa where the President slept unawares. A dozen of them broke into his bedroom, grabbed Zelaya in his pyjamas and bundled him off to the airport where he was unceremoniously put on a flight to Costa Rica."
www.newint.org...

Pakistan:
"It took Pakistan's military only 17 hours to carry out a devastating military coup.
But it could have unravelled in less than an hour as the man at the centre of the overthrow sat in a plane circling above Karachi, battling to land before the plane ran out of fuel.
But Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's failure to stop General Pervez Musharraf from uniting the army showed how well prepared the military had been to defend their high command and take on the civilian government. "
news.bbc.co.uk...

South Vietnam:
"On November 1-2, 1963, a military coup toppled the South Vietnamese government; [Premier Ngo Dinh] Diem (1901-63) was killed; and a military-controlled provisional regime was established. A period of political instability ensued, with South Vietnam trying to strengthen its anti-communist military effort. By 1965, the Armed Forces Council, headed by Generals Nguyen Cao Ky (1930-) and Nguyen Van Thieu (1923-), was running the country."
www.onwar.com...

Thailand:
"Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra is a businessman who became the wealthiest person in Thailand, eventually turned into a politician, started a new political party which quickly became the first absolute majority in Parliament in Thailand's modern history, initially had great popularity, but then used toughly disciplined party votes to erode democracy, became corrupt and autocratic, alienated many in the intelligencia, and was deposed by a military coup on September 19, 2006........ It was obvious that democracy had ceased to function under Thaksin, and it increasingly looked like the only way out was a military coup to forcibly restore democracy. This was rumored, but the vast majority of people found it hard to imagine a military coup in modern Thailand. Besides, Thaksin had put some loyalists in key positions in the military and police force which appeared to trump that option."
www.thailandguru.com...

I'll stop right there and let you do your own research.
As matter of fact I will just stop right there on this thread altogether.
It is apparent you demand that such a thing is absolutely absurd and completely impossible. We all live in fantasy land. That's what they thought in Thailand too.

Let's list some other impossibilities.
The earth round.
Man will never fly.
Man will never go to space.
There will never be a black US president

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yes or no?

You still can't offer support for your claims that a revolution is necessary

Do you really believe human sacrifice is committed by the BAD GUYS?
or
Do you really believe you can lead a revolutionary army to defeat the people committing human sacrifice?
or
Do you really feel a compulsion to continue your foolish argument in support of a revolution?

Boy, you are in quite a fix aren't you....have you ever heard of Ghandi or was he one of my fantasies? All the answers to your silly questions can be found there...

So, do you support the right of free men to live without compulsion or coercion?

Yes or no?

Checkmate...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You got me there. I guess if they did it in Thailand we might as well sign up for your revolutionary army.

This is the United States of America. With its many levels of Government from Federal to the State, all the way down to your local Government, as soon as you get a group of people together with weapons...or without... if they lack a permit for protest, they will be shut down. As for your rogue General, there are too many checks and balances within the Armed Forces today. You might get one or two soldiers that try to take action. Nothing on the scale of revolutionary terms. Think ... just think about what your saying. As if the 101 Tank Division is going to separate from the Army as a whole, with all its gear and move to Wyoming to start a revolution? Against who, other Americans, or are we still on those 'BAD GUYS that commit human sacrifice'!

You two are the only ones pitching this loonacy any more. Go think about what you've each said and come back to the table when you have some reason behind your statements.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You havent upset me at all. I have enjoyed this entire thread. I am about to get outta work in about 20 minutes and this has made the time go by nice and quick.

Thanks for the entertainment.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

And that one third should form a new party, one which is sane, rational, and practical and capable of splitting the middle. The GOP are all but dead in the water, have gone NUTS, so now is the time for a new viable third party in the USA, and not just a Ron Paul group either.

Build it now - in preparation for 2012, adn by 2016, you (we) will take the White House. Then the only problem will be not becoming morphed into the same by the same system.

A third part, is key IMO.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You havent upset me at all. I have enjoyed this entire thread. I am about to get outta work in about 20 minutes and this has made the time go by nice and quick.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Hey, no prob...didn't think you could answer my question...give the guys at HS a big thumbs up for me!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by silent thunder

And that one third should form a new party, one which is sane, rational, and practical and capable of splitting the middle. The GOP are all but dead in the water, have gone NUTS, so now is the time for a new viable third party in the USA, and not just a Ron Paul group either.

Build it now - in preparation for 2012, adn by 2016, you (we) will take the White House. Then the only problem will be not becoming morphed into the same by the same system.

A third part, is key IMO.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

I voted for Bob Barr. I agree with you but I don't think the current system will ever permit a third party to become fully recognized. With the problems and continued failures of Obama - I think most people will move to support a third party. Hopefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

What is HS? Do you mean High School? Homeless Shelter, Homeland Security maybe .. I dont know what your trying to insult me with at this point.
Look .. I'll hunt Zombies that commit human sacrifice with you ... if it would make you happy. We can pretend to be your revolutionary army. Goonies style.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the current system wont ever allow a 3rd party to win. libertarian, independent, whatever, its not gonna happen.

Even if by some miracle a Bob Barr got 51% of the votes, its the folks who count the votes that decide the election.

no election is going to fix the root cause of all our problems. No revolution will fix things either.

the core issue is who controls us and how. the answer is the elite banking families and their issuance of money.

since nobody has refuted my previous post, I will repeat it below....

i wont pretend to have the answer but technology is the key in my op.

first off, we let everyone have whatever they want (within reason). want a meal from a fastfood chain, just go get it.

Now people would argue well if we can just have all of our needs met people wouldnt work. This is only partly true.

People likely wouldnt want to continue to work jobs like digging ditches or cooking french fries at Mcdonalds. However in a different world, they wouldnt need too.

We have the technology today to automate most jobs. We dont though because of costs and the repurcussions of putting people out of work.

There is no need for truck drivers to deliver food to that Mcdonalds. There is no need for someone to unload those trucks. no need for someone to cook those fries. no need for someone to take your cash. and no need for someone to hand them to you.

This could all be handled with technology.

So the only real labor needed would be creating further advancements in technology and building the stuff. And people would gladly do this because it would directly benefit everyone.

There would be no shortage of help. Look at all the manpower currently wasted on jobs that wouldnt exist in a world without money. irs, accountants, advertising, public relations, financial planners, all of wall street, banking, etc. Millions of talented human beings could be used for so much more rewarding jobs for society.

most of your attorneys and judges and prisons go away as most crime goes away with no money. robbbery, gone...drug dealing, gone....

most crimes involve money or a lack of it. even the few people who kill because they are mentally unstable would be identified early and treated. rather than slip through the cracks because the parents couldnt afford to send him to therapy.

millions of people currently imprisoned are done so because they put a substance into their bodies. laws restrict this because certain people only want you paying for their substances. and the people taking them are anxious to escape this bleak world.

we waste such an incredible amount of talented humans because of money.

We also waste tons of resources because of money. products are purposely designed to fail. If a windshield wiper lasted forever we would have no need to buy another. we could take it and use them for every car we ever owned.

Our govts dont even hide the fact that our products must fail to ensure the system works.

Look at the electric car in California. The govt repealed forcing car companies from making them in CA because the dam cars worked too well. They didnt need tune-ups. They didnt need oil changes. They didnt burn gas. So our monetary based system said surpress that technology and use cars that fall apart and damage the ozone.

our medical industry is a joke because of money. millions of people working to push papers around and keep people from receiving medicine because it costs too much. and look at the effort made to research cold medicines but never cure diabetes or cancer, no money in a cure.

there is plenty of resources to meet our needs and it need not be a bleak world. we all could have 3,000 sq ft homes with pools and gardens and the best education for our kids. medical breakthroughs no longer surpressed would let us live longer and healthier.

it really would be a better system than what we have now where 1% of the world lives well and 80% wake up hungry without clean water.

to summarize this all, we only need to answer one question....

do we have the RESOURCES to house, feed, clothe, provide medicines, and educate every human on this planet ? The answer is yes we do.

we choose not too because of money, an insane system

to respond to the op, no revolution will work as long as money exists. it wont solve the underlying problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well, everything Calente said basically makes sense and describes the situation fairly accurately.

There is of course one little problem just like there was back in 1776.

Rome does not mind if your state revolts, after you get finished killing off the managers and Masters though and you realize that you can not escape the international contracts that bind the American State financially and legally to the rest of the world, and the rest of the world wants compensation for their contracts and loans or will continue to committ wave after wave of troops and invasions, and the International Banks that Rome owns all of will not lend the New American Government money until it makes proper arrangements to how it governs itself on Rome's behalf, and you realize you have no gold, and your manufacturing base has already been taken away from you, and you don't have the means to keep the infrastructure up and running and you will be dirt poor and starving for a very long time trying to reinvent yourself while fighting off wave after wave of Rome's troops you will probably decide to do as you have always decided, like everyone always decides...and that's to do what Rome says.

Now back to work!

Revolution someone's been reading history fairy tales again.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
America will never, I repeat NEVER have a revolution.

Totally out of the question. America today is vastly different than America of old. Most importantly its position on the world stage is vastly different with emerging economies that it will find impossible to compete against.

This isn't about revolution for independence, a rich land full of hope and promise worth fighting for. America is no longer that place. Its had its time to shine and now will move aside for other stronger nations to take its place.

America is no longer a country full of wealth and influence through industry. The terms have changed. Emerging economies with unlimited manpower and now (unlike before) SKILLED workers will dominate.

Maybe a world war where America destroys the competition and comes out the victor will save it. But a revolution on its home soil? Nope, that wont change a thing anyways, if anything, it will just compound its problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join