It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin and the trip to Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It was a interesting program and am stillng viewing it..FNC.....I grew up with the moon mission. I believe it's more important now than ever that we have a mission. I loved this program.

Fact is I adore Buzz.......he appears to be a man of men. I would support any mission into space. I dreamed as a kid of going there and I'm a man of the 50's and 60's..I came into manhood in the 70's.........and watching these men land on the moon and orbit the moon for the first time was so inspirational. We took it for granite.

Now is the time......even and most important in these times we need to look outward...let's stop being the worlds police(unless we are messed with) and look to the stars..........Mars........omg..I'm 56........I've seen it all and I have. Let's fly world...........let the United States of America lead the way...restore and direct nasas budget..........direct there program.......lets fly.

E

[edit on 08/12/2009 by enigmalone]

[edit on 08/12/2009 by enigmalone]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't think we live in a free world with people pushing space exploration.
We should be free to live on Earth with what the great scientists have
envisioned for us and has been suppressed by people including the
space minded as their agents of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am willing to bet that if they opened up space exploration to private companies, we'd make HUGE jumps in technology from where we are now.

Instead we have a bottleneck where everything is coming and going through one source.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmalone

They already been on mars before Armstrong first set foot on the moon!

Its just sad they cover this up. Come on, do you really think the Space Shuttle did not advance since the 60's? Why have we never been back to the moon or further? its been almost 50 years ago and there have not been any advances. Thats impossible.

Imagine all the money they get every year over the last 50 years. How is it possible to not evolve the space shuttle tech to a ship that has the capability to at least visit mars? it is not possible.

Its like flying around in a helicopter with 100 trillion dollars in your pocket, 50 years of time for research and than still NOT being able to invent a Boeing

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who is paying for these plans.
I think the Obama administration wants these public programs to be
presented online.
I'd like to see what these plans are if Buzz doesn't mind.
For citizens that think space is a waste of time there should be views presented.
National Security can be involved as what's on Mars stays on Mars and
can't hut us.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

It is perfectly believable for 2 reasons:

1) Our current chemical rocket launch system is VERY expensive. I don't know if you have ever done fuel/weight calculations, but it is amazing how much fuel, and thus money, it takes to launch our satellites. All of our money has been directed toward launching a wide range of projects that have been smaller than the Apollo program. This brings up the other reason.

2) There has not been a big, unified, public push for some large space program after Apollo. We have been limping along with this little satellite program, that little probe, or some other lander while using the shuttle for support without any big picture plan for something spectacular. Thus all of our money has been spread out over a wide range of programs for the last several years.

Just look at the space program for the last several decades and take a basic astronautical science course. This info is pretty easily accessible.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blackbirdish

Actually, space exploration is opened up to private companies.
www.spacex.com...
Just as an example.

There are also bids by NASA for companies to invent better ways of delivery and launch.
If I remember right, NASA would work on their systems, but if someone came up with a better method they would by it from them for a agreed upon price.

Not to mention other country's space programs and organizations.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by RuneSpider]

top topics

join