It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who did it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this sounds good really good and possible so i guess this could be settled that the romans f'd themselves in the a by letting that junk happen and by using a bad strategy and letting german tribes walk all over them, also im sure it becoming christian and stopping with all of the military junk and becoming the holy roman empire didnt help much either.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You've hit the nail on the head scarface.The Romans F****D themselves in the as*! Make sure you use that exact expression when you sum up on your report.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
lol yea i will do that i knew i was right just i didnt set it straight i made it simple, but the baby cant be a man and take the fact he was wrong and admit it he had to scream at me and try saying i said that atilla ended the latin language

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i think the answer to this questions is really what part of the roman empire you're talking about. because it would be under the ottoman empire that the roman empire completely fell.

I just wanted to add this website, it's a timeline of the roman empire.
www.scaruffi.com...

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Roman Empire fell from within as much as from invaders without. This is simple. Rome became a multicultural society.

So many non-Romans moved into the empire that a majority no longer felt the patriotism required to save it when it was falling apart economically and militarily. Large numbers of Romans were on "The Dole" (Roman term for welfare) and a large portion of the Empire's Army was made up of foreigners.

Romans became lazy and self-absorbed, and cared little about its government or whether the traditional culture continued. Ultimately, Romans themselves let it fall apart. The barbarian invaders were just a final blow.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
nahh it was bush! he did it!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hannibal is probably my favorite historical personality. He proves my personal motto: He who dares, Wins! Proving your guts for dummies:
Step 1: Try to conduct deep operations in the territory of the worlds strongest army.
Step 2: Stand off with a force about 10 times your size, and put your back to the river so there is no retreat.
Step 3: Order your lines to break and head for the river, and hope to God they'll keep their nerve and reform on your order.
Step 4: Reform your lines and hold on for dear life while your brother takes a small cavalry force behind enemy lines, to effectively destroy the entire opposing force with your cavalry.
Step 5: Instead of going home happy to be alive, go on to the next fight.

That being said, Hannibal didn't do it. Atilla the Hun and Alarich the Goth weren't it either. Rome would eventually have been their rulers, and assimilated their strengths into her own legions (just like they did with the Spanish mercinary cavaliers that made Hannibal so dangerous). Rome's society and economy collapsed beneath them. If you study US history it will be all to familiar to you. The time-table is greatly truncated, but the lessons are the same. We outlasted the rival superpower (For Rome it was Carthage) but before long it was doubtful rather we'd be able to outlast the mounting barbarian threat from a world we had thought held no more danger for us. I know it's not very PC to refer to arabs as barbarians, but they aren't in the same technological or cultural era as we are, so they are barbarians. I'm not really going anywhere with this... just that Rome wasn't pushed- it fell. (Which opens up a pro-reagan saying i love... Communism didn't fall, it was pushed!)
Ok, i'll shutup.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join