It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DisInfo & Deflection. Pretty much nails this place lately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
People simply can not be this dense.

Lets start with the "OH DEAR GOD OBAMA THREATENED RUSH! ITS THE END OF FREE SPEECH, COMMUNISM.. BLAH BLAH INSERT MAKE NO SENSE CRAP HERE."

Lets start simple and slow. It is illegal to encourage the overthrow of the government. I don't care if you agree with it or not, that is the law as of now. I would say Rush's comments are definitely inflammatory and insinuates a lot... He is the definition of ON THIN ICE for God's sake.

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof - Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof,

Now, in that same thread a mod who is proud to be a Vet and speaks of fighting for his country says the end is near. Really, now? Have you been drunk for the past... oh FEW DECADES? Did you at least open your eyes once in the last 8 years? Opposing the war was enough to have you labeled a "traitor" if not worse. At least one news organization said you "should be thrown in jail" and many public figures agreed!

Protest Free Zones? You forgot already? Dear God!

Giving aide and comfort to the enemy... Remember that, yea bull spit, that is blatant control of peoples thoughts and opinions.

Mr. Cheney what do you think about the vast majority of the American people that oppose this war ?

"So..."

Really, its over now is it? This is it? Good God pull your head out.

I wonder to myself if that same mod gets his Socialized VA Health Care or if he refuses it out of principal. I have a good guess as to what the answer to that question may be.

Hell I would love to hear someone validate any veterans claim that they "defended America" or "kept America safe" since about... Oh WWII. Im sure someone will try and it WILL be funny. Bottom line, you signed up for a job. Big whoop, that doesn't mean you deserve something nobody else does. If you were drafted I would have sympathy... Hell if there were a threat to America that didnt come from an organization with a few thousand members that met in caves Id be impressed.

That leads us to health care.

So... I wonder what the BEST metric would be for measuring how effective the health care system is for all citizens. Not just the rich and insured. ALL citizens. I would say it is how long the average person lives. Well I don't suppose I need to preach on that.

We can socialize health care for the poor, the young, the old and the veterans. Guess who pays for these people to have their "leech ass socialized medicine"? Me, the guy that makes 68k a year and can not afford the 540 dollars a month it would take to cover my family.

But I get to pay for damn near every other persons health care while they bitch and moan about me wanting the same thing.

Whats that? You don't disagree with everyone having health care, you just don't like the Obama plan? FINE, I don't like his plan either, but its better than "planning" to go to the emergency room and be billed 500 dollars every time I am sick! Do something to improve it, don't just bitch and moan and yell and say "well I don't like every detail so # it, we don't need any of it."

Unfortunately this is a democracy. What the majority wants, they get... Again unfortunately.

Now lets see, what was said over and over for the past eight years? Oh yea, I remember.

If you don't like it, move somewhere else.

If you don't agree with something fine, but how some of you people can talk without your ass hole imploding from holding back all of the rank hypocritical feces is beyond me.

Don't worry, the big black man is not here to get you. Its ok. The fear and crying needs to stop... But then again, a year or so from now Obama will be able to say he kept the country safer than GW could, assuming Obama doesn't allow a terrorist attack to take place without so much as doing one thing to prevent it or even stop it once it began. Maybe then you will be less fearful. Maybe in a few years when you see your guns are still in your home you'll be ok.

I guess my closing statement is people are dumb as HELL! Does everyone here have a 6 month memory? This is nothing new, this is the same old same old. If you don't see that you are probably blinded by all of the partisan in your eyes. Americans have not been free for a good while. Get over it. Too bad, it ended long ago.

No Government in the history of the world has ever relinquished its stranglehold of power without it being by force. This will get worse and worse. Doesn't matter who is in office, it is only downhill from here. As of today in American you can be arrested and jailed for damn near everything. They will not repeal mass amounts of law. They will add more. Criminalize more.

If you would have started crying about this decades ago we MIGHT have had a shot. I wasn't alive but I can look back 100 years and watch the decline. The same officials voted in time and time again. Too late now, the cat is out of the bag. We are a stupid, fearful and easily manipulated nation. Fact.

Shut up and stop all the hypocritical bs.... or don't. I could not care less. Its your right, but at least admit your a hypocrite. Nah, that wont happen either but I doubt three people made it this far in the post.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
here here!

its too late to fight after the battles lost.

all you can do is retreat and hope to rebuild your forces.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Is this a conspiracy board or not? Why not create our own conspiracy?
using electoral-vote.com... as a baseline

Tough races
Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio

Easy for Dems
Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland,
New York, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont,
Washington, Wisconsin

Easy for Reps
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great president. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. But what about the senate?
What kind of party would it be and what would be the platform?
Who could we push (new) and who could we subvert?
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?

This is 36 races. If we could take 20 of them that would be 1/5 of the senate. A good place to start.
You would then see which Dems & Reps start marching in lock-step.
Let's get the trash out of the house and see where the bad smells are really comming from.

join