It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Creativity? And how do we get it back!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have never been a really creative person. I cannot draw, sing, write music, paint...

But lately I've had a huge craving to give it a try again. I don't know where it came from by I am itching to paint on canvas!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Believe me friend, creativity is alive and well at least in the USA. In my company my people get a bonus for inovated ideas or products. This has made one of my staff millions. (I like to spread the wealth) My company has produced over 40 patants, and all of which have made me a very wealthy man. I also work for a well known Defense think tank, and there are many opportunities. Oh creative people are out there, you just need to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

You sound like just the sort of employer I'm looking for. I dont mean the financial bit, but the encouragement of creative thinking in the workplace. That alone to me would be akin to riches

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One of the many reasons that I love ATS is the creativity that I find here! The writing forums are awesome and give people the chance to display some creativity. Take a look at some of the regular threads here even and you will find some of the most creative posts. I think that creativity is alive and well on ATS at least! I love to look at everyones avatars. Some are very creative and original.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikonaut
reply to post by arbiture

You sound like just the sort of employer I'm looking for. I dont mean the financial bit, but the encouragement of creative thinking in the workplace. That alone to me would be akin to riches
I do try hard to foster creativity. Some of the ideas some of my people (and I) come up with were obtained by an inventions of people that was off the wall. I was working on a biomemetic technology for biomedicine, and we ended up finding a transparrent solar cell. The application of this in windows makes perfect sense. It's one example of what is posibble with the resources made available to some very bright people.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Another thing i want to come back and bring attention too.

Is ancient artifacts and the creativity they had back then.

paranormal.about.com...

images.google.com.au... snum=13

Humans have been creative since the beginning of time. Now why have we slowed down and now all of a sudden get the urge to be creative again. Creative conciousness is alive and well.

Except this time i think its time to rebuild and create nature and turn it back into paradise. To spread the seeds of time and make our canvas come alive.

In my front yard i got the extra urge to create a fountain with a meadow of flowers in a circle shape around the fountain. To represent the fountain of youth, as flowers bloom to youth and renew themselves. I decided to make the fountain myself out of clay and polish it. There are so many things you can do in nature. People are attracted to the beauty of nature and its the best place to make your canvas come alive.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I honestly think a gradually instilled culture of ‘political correctness’ and ‘victimization’ as well as a constant bombardment of electronic imagery the engrosses most people’s minds into following it like the magic bouncing ball has stifled most people’s creativity.

Lenny Bruce, George Carlin…not politically correct!

Beethoven’s arguably greatest symphony written while completely deaf…definitely not a victim of his handicap.

Michael Angelo…would be Baker Acted today and involuntarily committed.

Jimi Hendrix…asked to run for President!

The culture of individual achievement that led to creativity is slowly giving way to a culture of conformity and uniformity.

Creative people are typically functionally insane, enigmatic, controversial, and unorthodox and typically considered strange and shunned. They are rarely encouraged to embrace their creativity these days but placed on Prozac and Xanax.

Of course if they can soldier on through the dispersions and the rejections and strike it rich with their creativity and gain fortune and fame then everyone loves them.

Until they say something or do something that isn’t politically correct and then their career is over, the IRS audits them, their accountant fleeces them, and they end up walking around with a shopping cart and dirty thread bare clothes saying “I used to be”…sure you were Mister, what’s wrong with you, why can’t you be like everyone else!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join