It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yeah, i'm a lurker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I visit ATS 2-3 times a day, usually via mobile (PSP, haha). Mostly what I'm interested in is world events, politics, financial situations, etc. I really don't care much about UFO's or aliens or w/e.

So aside from that, I'm pretty scared/annoyed with the US Govt. right now, and pretty much my whole generation as well. I'm a college student, I'll be 21 in Sept. and I go to a very, very small school (under 300 students). When the stock market really began to tank fast last year, I was watching it. I told my friends at school about it, and nobody cared! I literally had people saying to me, "So what?" I tried talking to some of the faculty and staff about it, with similiar responses. That attitude annoys me to no end. I'm going back to school in a couple weeks, and I'm concerned about being so far from home. I feel a catastrophic event, be it financial, natural, nuclear, w/e is very imminent. I plan on getting some MRE's when I have the money and keeping some in my car and some in my room. I've been very disaster-conscience lately, picking up things like flashlights and first aid supplies. Am I paranoid? I know a large portion of ATSers have been doing the same, and advising the same, but it seems so surreal to think that "it could happen to us." I think that's why so many people are so apathetic. Something completely catastrophic has not happened to the US in quite some time. People forget fast when something does happen. Remember after 9/11 when EVERYONE had an American flag flying somewhere, on their car or on their house? That lasted for what, 6 months? I am an American at heart, I've considered serving in the military, and I do love my country, but I am very saddened and disappointed by what I see. Even if nothing catastrophic occurs in the next few years, what kind of country will my kids grow up in? Will they have any freedom at all? Will I be able to take them hunting and fishing? Will I be arrested for disciplining them, which is BIBLICAL? I realize I was young and didn't understand much at the time, but such worries were non-existent a few years ago for me. Everything seemed fine. Now every-day I'm checking the news, watching the stock market, stockpiling, and essentially just waiting for the seemingly inevitable. I'm engaged and pretty much rushing to get married partly because none of us really KNOW how long we have, and theres just so much I want to do before everything blows up in our face. I just wonder how much time do we really have?

Thanks for reading my rant. Feedback is appreciated.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi, welcome aboard! Any questions, feel free to ask!

Peace & Love;
Scoobz

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Welcome fellow lurker and ranter. I just finally joined up myself, after years of lurking!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For a time I was just like you and was rushing to get married. Just make sure you listen to the girl first and don't push her too much. At least that was my lesson, lost the woman I love to that and other circumstances. Now I know how to be more careful or abit more aloof to it so that the backlash wont be so bad. I suggest you prep yourself for that as well as the marriage.

Now that I gave my advice tidbit, I say welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.

new topics

top topics

join