It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery light's - Perth, Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The photograph, which shows a green saucer-like shape and a reddish light to the left, was taken looking east over the Perth Hills towards Kalamunda at about 7.45pm on Friday night.

The PerthNow reader, who gave us his name but did not want to be publicly identified fearing he could be ridiculed, said: "This is a genuine photo I took last night. It has not been tampered with in any way (apart from cropping and downsize to jpg).

The photographer stresses that he did not believe he had photographed a UFO, but has no explanation for the coloured lights which appeared on the digital images.

"I was photographing the moon and didn't see the red and green lights until viewing the images on my computer.

"The lights you see are not due to anything on the lens or a reflection. I took several photos which show the strange-shaped green light in particular in the same place each time.

"You can see the moon at the top of the photo . . . the red light may be a planet or an approaching aircraft (Perth Domestic Airport is off the bottom left of the photo).

"The photo was taken looking east over the Perth hills towards Kalamunda about 7.45pm last night, (Friday) August 7.

"They both show these lights in roughly the same place which may suggest they are planets not seen by the naked eye.''

Our intrepid photographer emailed the image to the Perth Observatory hoping for an explanation.

"The photo was taken with a shutter speed near 2 seconds. I could not see this green light with the naked eye.''

Another PerthNow reader, Fleur posted this: "In regards to the lights -- when we lived in the hills in Kelmscott we saw three extremely fast lights move towards the coast -- there was no sound and we just put it down to airforce jets -- however we really weren't conviniced that jets can actually move at that speed.''

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here's the source article:

www.news.com.au...

Now I wonder if the airport picked anything up since they appear right over it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Maybe glare off of the camera lens caused by the lights below?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Thanks for posting this info, JDN24.

Could it be F18's from Pearce RAAF base?

I'm sure the F18's have green illumination night.

www.airforce.gov.au...

Here is a (very small) picture I found of an F18 at night. Interestingly, there are orange & green lights that look at least a tiny bit similar to the photo (i.e. 2 planes seen at different angles.

Well.....maybe.......maybe not.....anybody think I'm on the right track

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

No Hornets at Pierce.

Mostly trainer craft based there.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Sam60

No Hornets at Pierce.

G'day Chadwickus

When I saw the F18's on the Pearce website, I immediately assumed they were stationed there.

Now, why couldn't they be visiting?

When I was in aircrew officer training at RAAF Base East Sale a few years back, they used send the fast stuff down to annoy us.

Why wouldn't they visit Pearce?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

True, they can visit I suppose.

I was just meaning none were based there.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
Maybe glare off of the camera lens caused by the lights below?

I can see where you are going with that.. but it doesnt follow typical glare patterns. Glare usually sticks to the sides of the lense in an out bound pattern because of the convex shape, and the chemical coating on the lense as well. THat looks more like solid objects. Not sure if they are cgi or not.... Besides, the glare doesnt refract into single light reflections from many lights, the lights below arent powerful enough, and the glare colour would not be red as there arent any red lights visible. and again,.... thats USUALLY glare pattern on a camera lense.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
When I saw the F18's on the Pearce website, I immediately assumed they were stationed there.

that greenish disk object is more consistant with the American F-4 Jet fighter.. Naval I believe... isnt there a US Navy base stationed close to perth? if so that would explian that greenish disk thing all the way to the light toward the back from the jet engine.. the red thing though... I have no clue.. maybe its chasing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ah good old Perth my home town.

I used to live in the northern suburbs, Mirrabook to be exact, and we had a really good view of the hills, and it actually looks a tad like what I saw one day. I actually called the RAAF at that time, and they said they had no aircraft in the area. Im not saying I saw a UFO, but its something that didnt seem normal at the time.

I guess this one warrants some deeper investigation

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
FWIW there was an outbound flight taking off from the International terminal at 19:40, which was around the same time the photo was taken.

Now the image doesn't look like an airplane but it's wise to note the possibility

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looks like a typical ufo orb of the red type. The light to its right, another one though its not that orby which is quite rareish but they do come in squares and triangles and even body builder dumbell shapes. No reason to doubt it being real.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good show chadwicus with that flight planner. I am curious now.. because the greenish object looks too much like an air plain turning.. a small jet to be exact, and mostly resembles an f-4. The red light.. I do not have any idea. its too large for its shape that close to the ground and too the camera, so if it were an airplain it would definitely have the... excuse me.. would USUALLY have the characteristics of normal airplains. The greenish object just looks too much like an f-4 turning for me to say they are both UFO's

[edit on 9-8-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
Good show chadwicus with that flight planner. I am curious now.. because the greenish object looks too much like an air plain turning.. a small jet to be exact, and mostly resembles an f-4. The red light.. I do not have any idea. its too large for its shape that close to the ground and too the camera, so if it were an airplain it would definitely have the... excuse me.. would USUALLY have the characteristics of normal airplains. The greenish object just looks too much like an f-4 turning for me to say they are both UFO's

[edit on 9-8-2009 by stanlee]

I just realised what you meant by an F4....

Jeez..... I'm not sure there'd be too many of those flying around in Oz.

I'll have a look for some references about that.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

pretty much the only reason I suggest that is there is a US Naval base somewhere in Australia. Cant remember where, and we have all seen video footage of fighter jets chasing after UFO's to my thinking I was putting 2 and 2 together. could very well be another type of jet altogether, thats just what it reminds me of.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by Sam60

pretty much the only reason I suggest that is there is a US Naval base somewhere in Australia. Cant remember where, and we have all seen video footage of fighter jets chasing after UFO's to my thinking I was putting 2 and 2 together. could very well be another type of jet altogether, thats just what it reminds me of.

OK........

Now I see what you mean.

The only US bases I know of in WA are those large communications bases that are 1,000 - 2,000 k's north of Perth. I don't believe those bases house fighter planes of any description.

Chadwickus can probably confirm if I'm right (or wrong) about this.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Yeah there's the Echelon communications base in Geraldton and the old Harold E. Holt Base in Exmouth.

Neither have any facilities for aircraft.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Sam60

No Hornets at Pierce.

G'day Chadwickus

When I was in aircrew officer training at RAAF Base East Sale a few years back, they used send the fast stuff down to annoy us.

I live in Perth... in fact I don't live too far from where this photo was taken... unfortunately I was at a Bucks Night so wasn't home Friday night damnit........

I would find this highly unlikely it would be an F18 or any other aircraft from Pearce..... Pearce is up the other end of the city... and they tend to fly their aircraft over the water because of noise restrictions. I basically live right over the flightpath of the airport where planes regularly fly... and not far from where this photo was shot... and I can tell you in 37 years I have never heard or seen any aicraft from the RAAF base up this end.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think I might go for a drive into the hills with my SLR and video camera and see if I can't see anything tonight

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

Fair enough, then.......

Do you think the lights might be from commercial planes, as per Chadwickus' mention?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join