It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - Boogyman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary on Charles Manson and something hit me. Here is the link to the Documentary. Charles Manson Superstar

He was never sentenced for murder and was never even able to defend himself in front of the jury. The prosecutor convinced the judge he may hypnotize the jury. He was only able to make his case to an empty courtroom where he said.

“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up. You can send me to the penitentiary its no big deal Ive been there all my life anyway. What about your children?” These are just a few. There is many more coming right at you.

This is the thought I had while watching. Who else can you think of that never killed anyone yet spent life in prison for someone else killing. He claims he never told anyone to do these murders.

Is the system we are in set up so far in advance that they needed this to be in the backs of our collective minds all this time so that when it was time for the war on terror we could have another boogyman that never killed anyone? Like Osama Bin Laden?

Whatever your thoughts are on this I highly recommend any thinking person to see this documentary.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I really really really doubt that. The guy was the poster child for a whole truckload of fear back in the 60's. He's insane, people were afraid of him, they were afraid of what these runaways saw in him too.
That's why, not to make everyone else more ready to accept the war on terror.
HOWEVER, you bring up a very good topic. Manson is an interesting fellow, while insane, he is a genius. Some of the things he says are so insanely intelligent, also he's a born comedian and most of his "insanity" IS a comedy act for himself, I think.

It's really hard to tell exactly what his motives or his actions were, but I do think he was doing what he sincerely believed in. Whatever it was that he was doing.

Very, very interesting person.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
40 yearss ago 2nite!!! :S

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I really really really doubt that. The guy was the poster child for a whole truckload of fear back in the 60's.

Thank you for helping me clarify. I was busy while I posted, I guess what I meant in the connection to Osama is the general agenda.

One of fear. Something for the masses to concentrate on instead of what is actually going on.

The ultimate Boogyman.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Manson is one of a long line of Black Ops, Psy Ops characters. Let the masses worry about a handful of deaths while Gov takes out hundreds of thousands with no questions asked. When you have an agenda to fulfill, the bad guy is your #1 asset.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why did Charlie not perform these horrific murders himself? The people that threw themselves under the bus saidCharlie never did say kill these people. But they said they understood what Charlie meant.That's why Charlie is in jail and will hopefully remain there until he dies. He apparently had great control over fringe people. I wish I had at my fingertips the accounts from people who exprerienced Charlie, but who were able too find within themselves a source of light, and that removed themselves from Charlie. Dennis Wilson was on such person, Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys fame, the family drummer, he saw what Charlie was and he escaped. Others were not so lucky to have the inner strength to move away from this vile man. Have you ever read the words from his most devout followers? They were enthralled with this man. They thought he was the saviour of the world. Charlie Manson surely had powers, maybe powers over the disenfranchiesed individuals, people who had no direction in their lives. Charles Manson is a scary person, he is like a Hitler. or Mussolini on a small scale. Charismaitic and intense. Thank God he was a dreg of society and never realized his full potential.

Thank god he is in prison, with the likes of Richard Speck, who eventually had hormone treatments, at taxpayer expense so he could grow breasts like the women he hated and strangled . Immediate death is what comes to my mind when I think about such monsters.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You make a fair point about society and boogeymen. IMO it's a natural outcome of community living...villages have their crazy old guy. The boogeyman gets scaled up for a city stage and scaled further for the international stage. Here on ATS, the need for boogeymen is probably higher than anywhere else. People in the real world haven't even heard of reptilians and whatever crazy fears that keep some ATSers wide-eyed and trembling in the stillness of night.

It's worth pointing out that Manson wasn't a media creation. He was involved in an event that involved butchering an 8month pregnant woman (Sharon Tate) and stabbing her in her stomach. IIRC they wrote 'piggies' in her blood above her body. Also, unless mistaken, I don't think Manson's ever shown remorse or expressed regret. Murder's an awful thing, but a pregnant woman?! WTF?!

I think 'propaganda boogeyman' and twisted **** are two wholly different things.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Manson is one of a long line of Black Ops, Psy Ops characters. Let the masses worry about a handful of deaths while Gov takes out hundreds of thousands with no questions asked. When you have an agenda to fulfill, the bad guy is your #1 asset.

This sort of comment p***es me off. In this world, you'll find there are some folk that are just broken...some'll call them evil. They have a serious negative impact on everyone they meet. The random killing, the tortured child, the serial killer...these people exist. They aren't part of some stupid conspiracy mentality and when you meet them (cos you will) the last thing you'll be thinking of is 'govt agendas.'

Newsflash, kid. YOU are one of the masses and judging by the comment...as uninformed as any one else

top topics

join