It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Moral Conundrum: What Would You Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's late at night. It's raining. You're tired, and you really shouldn't be driving. But you got somewhere to get to, and so you carry on regardless, no matter how sleepy you are.

Then a truck over-takes you, and the red mist descends. You cut off the truck , causing it to swerve violently to avoid you. Suddenly, the back of the vehicle flies open, and inside, you see a terrified woman, bloody and in a cage.

Then she's gone , as the tailgate closes again. And you're left wondering whether you saw her or not.

What would you do in such a situation?

Would you choose to ignore it and drive on?

Would you call the police?

Or would you intervene and take matters into your own hands, following the truck to its destination whatever the consequences?

What would you do?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

I don't know what you mean by 'the red mist descends'?

But I would get the license and call the police. Maybe this seems to simple and I am wrong but that would be my first reaction.

I would also probably continue to follow the truck until the problem was resolved.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Remain cool and collected, to begin with, remind myself that everything is okay.

Then allow action to take place, I probably wouldn't follow the car to it's destination (Final Destination) I mean you can help someone in a cage, but if your in a cage you can't really help someone else in a cage, I would then call the police and give a description of the vehicle, license plate number. And if by chance saw the driver and give his description.

Tell the cops where they are seeming to be headed toward, and stress it's an emergency, maybe life or death.

I wouldn't ignore it, and wouldn't take it into my own hands, because if their using cages and stuff, their very sick individuals. Very sick.

I hope this didn't happen to you and you decided to ask ats first!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Call the police and follow the vehicle - at least far enough to get the make, model and plates.

I did something like that once before - after witnessing some road-rage on the freeway (which is a long story I won't bore you with here in this thread). I followed the perp. on the freeway, and off the free-way into a residential area while I was on the speaker phone with the 911 (CHP) dispatcher.

It ended with 2 cruisers and an air unit overhead with a night-sun spot-light on the perp's car.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

I don't know what you mean by 'the red mist descends'?

But I would get the license and call the police. Maybe this seems to simple and I am wrong but that would be my first reaction.

I would also probably continue to follow the truck until the problem was resolved.

"red mist descends" is my way of describing an emotional state (artistic license).
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. I am merely interested in
the psychology of the responses and to see if they vary.

Thank you for thinking about the scenario and responding to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Remain cool and collected, to begin with, remind myself that everything is okay.

Then allow action to take place, I probably wouldn't follow the car to it's destination (Final Destination) I mean you can help someone in a cage, but if your in a cage you can't really help someone else in a cage, I would then call the police and give a description of the vehicle, license plate number. And if by chance saw the driver and give his description.

Tell the cops where they are seeming to be headed toward, and stress it's an emergency, maybe life or death.

I wouldn't ignore it, and wouldn't take it into my own hands, because if their using cages and stuff, their very sick individuals. Very sick.

I hope this didn't happen to you and you decided to ask ats first!

This did not happen to me (thank goodness) but I was interested in the various attitudes and thought processes of people in general (man or woman) and what they would do if anything if placed in this scenario.

I appreciate your taking the time to think about it and telling me how you would handle the situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I had a situation like this a month or two, I made a thread saying what I did, got a few good jobs, and got a few your an awful person type of responses, either way you gotta do what you think is right, either way people will hate you for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Call the police and follow the vehicle - at least far enough to get the make, model and plates.

I did something like that once before - after witnessing some road-rage on the freeway (which is a long story I won't bore you with here in this thread). I followed the perp. on the freeway, and off the free-way into a residential area while I was on the speaker phone with the 911 (CHP) dispatcher.

It ended with 2 cruisers and an air unit overhead with a night-sun spot-light on the perp's car.

You were a man on a mission. Sounds like you had quite an exciting night. Thank you for sharing that moment of reality. It's definately on target with the thread as it is a similiar type of scenario.

top topics

join