It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Noticed? Not A Peep Out Of Hollywood?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Have no fear Janine Garofalo is always nearby to speak her tiny little mind. She is the poster child for all that is wrong with the Hollywood elite who dub themselves political experts.

Rest assured the conservatives and libertarians do exist in Hollywood. Those who are the most outspoken are the ones in the twilight years of their acting careers. They are finally tired of being repressed and are speaking their minds.

Tea anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Like some other ATS'ers have said, I think the race card gives pause to many "stars" that probably disagree with at least some of Obama's policies.I have watched Bill Maher on his HBO show about a month ago lambaste Obama for being more of a tv star than a president, but Maher is an admitted liberal, so not too much came of it. I think there are quite a few speaking out, but we do not hear of it much because the same corporations that have control of the entertainment industry also have control of the MSM...and there has been a lot of criticism directed at the MSM for their stance on all things Obama. Why do we even care though? What does Hollywood do for us...it gives us an abundance of flicks devoid of anything except good looking people and pop-culture references. and TV is horrendous any more...for $102 a month direct tv gives me about 12 hours a month of fresh programming that I can actually enjoy, and the music industry has to be at it's all time low for both good music and for socially relevant content. Maybe I am being too hard on the entertainment industry about their lack of depth and substance...it appears they are just following the lead of the other big group of actors in Washington D.C.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Change is a process, not an event.

Is semi-change a process too?
Or can that that be considered a broken promise?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think most of those people so militant in the Bush years were asically jumping on a bandwagon.

Its like Hitler and Stalin. One is more universally hated than the other, despite the fact the less hated one killed many many more people and was more of an asshole (arguably) in his nature and personal life.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They were around during the Obama campaign. Making commercials and voicing their opinions like they were important enough that the sheeple would listen to what they had to say. Now I think they are lying low with all the problems and backlash from the health care reform bill. They wouldn't want to be caught on the wrong side of the fence. Their carreers could take a noise dive.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I want to give thanks and a thumbs up to the only person in the world who apparently read the New Medical socialized bru ha ha dictate, and that is CHUCK NORRIS.

Good for him. I'm sure he has better things to do, but unlike anyone else in the world, he actually sat down and went thru it page
by page.

The reason it matters its because whether you like these people or not, they DO have access to voice their grievances, something most of us do not have.

YOU GO CHUCKIE BABY!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Chuck Norris didn't read the bill, the bill read itself to Chuck Norris.

I read somewhere that Denzel was going to play Obama in a movie and that he was handpicked by Obama himself to play the role. Can't really say I can see the resemblance.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm not American.. but plz remind me what Obama has done that he didn't promise?

He stated troops outta Iraq, and more in Afghanistan where they are needed.
He promised you that you can keep your own health care coverage/plan, but people without any will get coverage.
He said he won't raises taxes a cent if you make less than 250k a year.

Hmmm...
He has kept all promises thus far.

George Bush would have approved destroying the North Korean rocket on the launch pad... Creating a regional war, possibly WWIII...

So, you should thank Obama for takin' the relaxing stance on that.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Read that first article just a little more closely.

Angie Harmon is not afraid to come out and say she doesn’t like how President Obama is handling the job — but she’s sick of having to defend herself from being deemed a racist.

That is actually somewhat telling in relation to this topic. The P.C. Hollywood crowd does not want to be branded a racist for speaking out against Obama (which is a a common tactic against those who criticize Obama).

I also think if W or John McCain or Reagan would have gone and done a talk show, the backlash would have been so huge and in his face, and ‘What is our president doing? How unclassy!’ But Obama does it and no one says anything," Harmon said.

However Harmon is definitely in the Hollywood minority when it comes to her criticism of Obama as other lasses at the Latisse party were quick to advocate their unequivocal support.

So, yes. There are some that speak out but have to defend themselves against accusations for doing so, are definitely in the minority, and receive disagreement from their fellow actors.

As to the actual question, I feel it is not necessarily buyer's remorse but instead a partisan issue. Hollywood is actually very liberal for the majority. Being that Obama is a liberal, they are not really going to rip their 'own guy' so to speak.

Although it's frustrating, I do understand that it is human nature. If McCain was in office right now and he was doing exactly what Obama was doing, I'm pretty sure they'd be raising the roof in disgust.

It could also be a 'waiting it out' to see what happens. As in, they are unsure of Obama themselves and are waiting to see how it plays out after more time before they criticize. To be honest I don't pay any attention to celebrity's when it comes to their political opinions. So, on that note, I haven't really heard much of them being vocally for or against Obama. Little blurbs here and there but if any one side is adoring him or trashing him, I'm not seeing it because I block out 'Hollywood politicos.' lol

The only outspoken celebs I know of against Obama are Norris and Nugent but I'm sure there are a handful of others. Anyone in Hollywood does have to tread lightly though because Hollywood is extremely political underneath the glitz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join