It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Noticed? Not A Peep Out Of Hollywood?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Would Chuck take out Hollywood or DC first?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And here ... I found a couple of other ones:

www.foxnews.com...

www.lasvegassun.com...

So the OP is wrong ... there I said it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The idiots in Hollywood have not spoken out because once Obama got elected they went back to doing what they do best, take care of themselves.
They are out of touch with the common folk because they live in a world of retakes, if something doesn't go their way they just say "cut" and commence with a do-over.

They continue to be out of touch because they have no reason to believe anything could be wrong. Once things get bad enough where people stop going to the movies, only then will they feel the pinch and take notice, but that will never happen because when the economy gets rough people rely on entertainment when they can no longer go on vacation.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

In case you haven't gotten the memo, criticising Obama just shows how much of a racist a person is. After all, he's perfect, he's got fantastic ideas, and he will lead us all into an utopian era of prosperity. His only flaw is that he's black, and anybody that criticises him does so because he's black.

(NOTE: this is satire, of course. Being black isn't a flaw, but the smart people will get what I am saying... the dumb ones won't.)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's called long term memory loss. They forgot how things were pre-Bush. When the media was covering up all the u.s. embassy bombings and al-queda. Finally, 9/11 happens and all of a sudden it's an inside Bush job??? Come on......

I personally think they just opposed him to get some much needed publicity. Sad world we live in.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Perhaps they're having a "we've been had" moment

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am not sure what president Bush Jr. you are thinking of but none of those people were making those threats in his first 6 months in office. Most of them came well after his first full year. Just wait. You make it sound like Hollywood never took a swipe at Clinton. They all get it, just not until they have had a chance to both have material as well as produce it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hi, DG, I hope things are going better for you. Have I heard a peep out of Hollywood, concerning the continuation of the Bushcrap and now the Obamacrap? Nope. It's because these people are blind.

And I want to say right now. I don't think this is a new thought. It isn't for me. And I don't believe it is a new thought for others.

In 1976, Jimmy Carter was elected president. He expressed an opinion that people who earned more money than they needed to live on should give more money to the IRS, voluntarily. And he backed up his belief. Each year he paid more to the IRS than was required, while he was president. I haven't followed his IRS returns since then.

So now I ask, those Hollywood creeps, who did not support Bush, and complained they didn't pay enough taxes. Ooops.They never did say they didn't pay enough taxes. They said, people weren't paying enough taxes.

And to Bill Clinton, who also proclaimed the rich people weren't paying enough taxes, then why did you donate your used underwear to charity and take a tax break for this?

Before someone thinks I am going off topic, I want to say, just file a short form IRS return. Just do that. Don't pretend. Just file the short form, just like I do each year, even though I could claim all sorts of deductions. I don't maybe I am stupid.

But I put my money where my mouth is. Why can't Hollywood?
Why can't Hollywood, who many people from there railed against Bush's tax cuts, have just said, no, I will pay more.Why can't Hollywood, who as a collective, railed against the wars, just shut up about the Afhganistan war, while even our present administration claims that there is no war. lol. Oh, and we might have to be there for 10 more years.
And the BBC says, there is no Al Qaiduh, and never was,
Our president says he doesn't want to talk in terms of victory because, oh, well, it just sounds too warlike, and yet still talks about defeating people.

What's this all about?

What it's all about is a continuation fo the previous administratiion, but now a different "party" is in control. And so now all is okay.

Now why are people no longer saying, I don't pay enough taxes, why are people supporting more of the same from the last administration?

DG, I think you know the answer, you just can't put it into words. just like me, although I tried.

Lemme try again. It's a feel good game.

Not one of these people are actually going to give up their riches and comfort, they will just proclaim the feel good attitude. Meanwhile, they will continue to rake in their riches.

Hello! Nicholas Cage owes over 6 million dollars in income taxes? Huh? You didn't earn enough to pay this? Just short form it. No problem. eh?

Hollywood can now sit tight, with Obama in control. It won't affect them one iota. In the 30's Hollywood thrived while America suffered through the great depression. Why? People needed to escape from their troubles through a couple hours of feel good movies on a Saturday.Hollywood will thrive again. Mark my words.

I, a guy who doesn't like to sit in a crowded room with lots of coughing and sniffling and noisy people to watch a movie, is now going to watch a first run movie about twice a month. It's for escape. Hollywood will reap the benefits from our current situation.

Just my rambling assessment. Probably I am wrong. lol, I am wrong so much. But, yet, I still see some sort of pattern that I can't quite just explain.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh yea, Chuckie is speaking out on Alex Jones and so does Charlie Shean
but its not enough for me, i want MORE.....

As far as those of you who say who cares what they have to say, well it is part of America, They ARE in the public eye, and they have banged their shoes very loudly before Obama.

So, i wonder if they have been silenced
Maybe they were promised eternal life, bunkers, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

From the article you linked -

As one blogger wrote, after all, "We aren't talking about a 12-year-old qualifying to play Little League here." Or as Ronald Reagan once said, "Trust but verify."

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

With all due respect, drink some coffee wake up and then come talk to me.

If at this height in time you think 9/11 was done by some evil foreigners screaming LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...you need to do your homework.

But then again, thats not what this thread is about.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

When it comes to government healthcare the employed Hollywood socialites

will not be affected. They will have the money and will more than likely be

placed at the head of the line for the best medical care no matter what happens

to the healthcare system. ^Y^

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It all comes down to, if someone critiques our half-white president, they are racist and in hollywood, being racist gets you black-balled. And that is hard on the wallet.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, it's that and also to work in Hollywood you have to be a liberal, if you want to be a big A list start and what not for the most part. There are some that they just don't screw with though.

that is a completely untrue statement, and to think that is very Naive.

where do you get your facts that all the stars are "liberal"

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Because majority bigwigs in Hollywood adore Obama.

That's what I think. They spoke out against Bush because they hated his policies, the war her started, etc. But they agree with a lot of what Obama says and does. Why would they be speaking out against him?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

But they agree with a lot of what Obama says and does. Why would they be speaking out against him?

Because in many ways, Obama continues to do what Bush was doing.
Why is that?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a lot of people are not speaking against Obama because they are still stuck on a "Political Part System" Bush was a "Republican" Obama is a 'Democrat" and thats all people need to know about it, even if they don't agree on everything that is going on as long as there "party" is winning, or has won..

it's sad indeed, no one understands there are no such things as "republican or democrat" it's just another way to divide and control the mass public of Sheeple

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Because in many ways, Obama continues to do what Bush was doing.

In many ways, he's not.

Obama isn't 100% different than Bush. But 50% different is good news for a lot of people. They wanted something different, they got something different. Not COMPLETELY different, but enough that they're happy with it.

Change is a process, not an event.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course there's not a peep out of Hollywood, they are used to hearing lies and seeing them on film, what exact difference is there between on film and television.

Nada.

~Hugz BH tight~ Welcome back beautiful!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Because majority bigwigs in Hollywood adore Obama. And those who are against his policies are afraid to speak out because they may find themselves highly unemployable

Exactly

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join