It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s Killing The Birds It’s Astronomical!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I would like the Federal government to disclose, which chemicals are being sprayed as pesticides/herbicides, etc.

They refuse to do so. It is illegal.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OBAMA ADMINISTRATION ASKS COURT TO SUPPRESS

IDENTITY OF HARMFUL CHEMICALS USED IN APPLE MOTH SPRAY

San Francisco – Environmental leaders from throughout the San Francisco and Monterey Bay areas have asked Federal District Judge Saundra Armstrong to deny the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s motion to block disclosure of the chemicals used in the CheckMate pesticides sprayed on Monterey and Santa Cruz residents as part of the government’s Apple Moth Eradication Program. EPA has requested Judge Armstrong to prevent disclosure of the chemicals in the spray, claiming the manufacturer’s proprietary interest outweighs the public’s right to know. Previously, EPA approved use of these chemicals for continued spraying by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the California Department of Food and Agriculture

The basis for the lawsuit is that EPA ignored key public safety protections of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA)

“We are asking the Federal Court to hold EPA accountable for its unlawful exemption of these hazardous pesticides from registration in direct violation of federal environmental laws,”

dprogram.net...

Can anyone figure out why? I'm assuming it's hazarous to our health and Environment. Is it killing birds, bees, fish, forests, etc or causing health related issues?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Asriel

I also put a lot of the blame on HAARP. It may have started out innocently by trying to remedy global warming, then went terribly wrong. HAARP messes with our atmosphere and beyond in the the ionosphere.

They are playing God and these experiments cause more harm than good. It has also turned in to higher advanced system of Reagan's Star Wars Project. Most assume the plan was stopped.

HAARP is used for many reasons. Stopping radar over a city, jamming doppler systems, global warming, weather manipulation (using) chemicals, as weapons. They can also create earthquakes and fake Auroras.

Too much to list on HAARP and ELF waves.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Biological and Chemical Terror History

October 1914: German artillery fire 3,000 shells filled with dianisidine chlorosulfate, a lung irritant, at British troops. The shells contained too much TNT and apparently destroyed the chemical.

In late 1914, German scientist Fritz Haber came up with the idea of creating a cloud of poison gas by using thousands of cylinders filled with chlorine. Deployed in April 1915 during the battle for Ypres, France, the attack might have broken the Allied lines if German troops understood how to follow up the gas attack.

By 1915, Allied troops made their own chorine gas attacks. It led to a race for more and more toxic chemicals. Germany came up with diphosgene gas; the French tried cyanide gas.

In July 1917, Germany introduced mustard gas, which burned the skin as well as the lungs.

In 1935, Fascist Italy invaded Ethiopia. Ignoring the Geneva Protocol, which it signed seven years earlier, Italy used chemical weapons with devastating effect.

The Japanese invasion of China featured both chemical and biological attacks. The Japanese reportedly attacked Chinese troops with mustard gas and another blistering agent called Lewisite

In the 1950s, British and U.S. researchers came up with VX, a nerve gas so toxic that a single drop on the skin can kill in 15 minutes.

In 1959, researchers at Fort Detrick, Maryland, bred yellow-fever-infected mosquitoes.

Other U.S. biological weapons included antipersonnel bombs filed with Brucella.

In the 1980s and 1990s, Soviet researchers came up with the so-called Novichok agents. These were new and highly lethal nerve agents.

The U.S. explored the use of psychedelic agents to incapacitate enemy troops. One of these agents, called BZ, was allegedly used in the Vietnam War.

In 1967, the International Red Cross said mustard gas and possibly nerve agents were used by the Egyptians against civilians in the Yemen civil war.

In 1968, thousands of sheep died near the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, a U.S. bioweapons facility. The agent released appeared to be nerve gas, but findings were not definite.

In 1967-8, the U.S. disposed of aging chemical weapons in Operation CHASE -- which stood for "cut holes and sink 'em." As the name implies, the weapons were put aboard old ships that were sunk at sea.
In 1969, 23 U.S. servicemen and one U.S. civilian were exposed to sarin in Okinawa, Japan, while cleaning bombs filled with the deadly nerve agent. The announcement set off furor: The weapons had been kept secret from Japan.

In 1972, the U.S. and the U.S.S.R signed an international treaty banning
the use of biological agents. By 1973, the U.S. reported that all its remaining biological weapons were destroyed.

In 1979, the Soviet bioweapons facility in Sverdlovsk released a plume of anthrax. It killed at least 64 people. If the wind had been blowing the other way, thousands could have died. Despite the treaty banning biological weapons, the Soviet program had been going full speed.

In 1982, the U.S. claimed that Laos and Vietnam used chemical and biological weapons in Laos and in Cambodia. The U.S. also said that Soviet forces used chemical weapons -- including nerve gas -- during their invasion of Afghanistan.

Iraq attacked Iran in 1980. Soon thereafter, it unleashed chemical weapons: a mustard agent and the nerve agent tabun, delivered in bombs dropped by airplanes.

AFTER 1982 Link is below.

A HISTORY OF BIO-CHEMICAL WEAPONS

www.ess.uwe.ac.uk...

1960-2009

www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&ei=tT2ASv6iJI_KsQOlz6HuCg&sa=X&oi=timel ine_result&ct=title&resnum=11

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Phlynx

I know DHS and FEMA were doing some drills a while back. Military jets landing there sounds odd.

I dont live by an Airport I live in the middle of a forest.

My bother said"maybe they have heat seeking devices and are checking to see if you are growing something illegal"

After the numerous trips over my house they would know by now if I was. I cant figure it out.

Why does FEMA need such powerful helicopters though?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Everything is in the process of Ascension, so what you will see are early birds passing over... that includes humans as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When I was a wee lad (early 1970s) every morning when I left home for school the rooftops, telephone lines and gutters would be teeming with roosting birds. It would be like a scene out of Hitchcocks, The Birds. . . Today I leave my house and besides from the odd pigeon you don't even see a bird. It would seem to me that this bird disappearance is a world wide problem. I wonder if this disappearance is gradual or sudden? Are there any stories of dead birds being found in huge numbers or literally falling from the skies?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Right here - www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I dont think the helicopters, over my house were FEMA or DHS. I can only suspect Military.

There would be no use for a DHS drill in the middle of the woods, that I could see.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warrior of the Light
Everything is in the process of Ascension, so what you will see are early birds passing over... that includes humans as well.

Yes it's Ascension, of some sort. I dont understand the deliberate use of poisons, unless a depopulation Project is in effect.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

You are right. They are disappearing. I'm glad that you noticed a huge difference. So did I. Not many people look up these days or have time to stop and smell the flowers.

Today is like yesterday and most of the summer. I rarely see a bird. I've been watching a lot lately. It's truely odd.

Yes it's global. Millions in Russia died, thousands in Norway and Sweden. I'm sure other Countries, as well.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I saw something which I thought was weird about a few weeks ago. Driving down the street at about 40mph and a bird comes and is riding along a car, right next to it, he flies to the left side about 3 feet away from the car, then switches to the right side for a few seconds, and back to the left side. He followed this one car for at least a quarter of a mile, right next to the guy. This was about 75ft in front of me. I've never seen anything like this in my life! I'm pretty sure the bird was moving it's neck up and down and imagine it was eeking..yelling of some sort.

At the time I thought the bird was sort of daring the car, just having fun with it, and saying hi. Now that I put the context of all his buddies dying off...maybe this bird was going mad, and sort of taking his anger out on what he deemed to be an evil responsible for this disease. Us humans and our inventions. This is a bizarre thought. Think of it what you will. Just never saw anything remotely similar, and I've been a bird-watcher when driving for the past several years now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Wow, that sounds like one messed up bird. Chasing a car! Maybe he was a lonely bird and saw his reflection in the windows thinking it was another bird??

You might be right about being sick though. Ive never seen anything like that either.

When I was a kid my dad was driving and said "watch guys I'm going to hit that bird" knowing in advance all birds move. This one didnt and made a horrible mess on the front window! We thought my dad was mean, that day.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Now that I notice it, I haven't seen many birds... the bird doesn't even go back to it's nest in my backyard anymore. I wonder where it is, or if it lying somewhere dead? I hope the virus that gets the birds doesn't mutate so humans can get it, that would be scary.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Starlings are sort of like a parasite. They don't build their own nests, they lay an egg in the nest of other species and when the chick hatches the first thing it does is shove other chicks or eggs out of the nest. The unwitting host parents raise that bird as their own. It is a sad fate for many native species, to raise a parasite instead of their own young.

That is why the Starling populations have boomed while other species have dwindled. The more Starlings there are to lay eggs, the more native birds will be killed off. In some areas the Starlings are a huge problem and live in great masses.

For every female Starling you see, that is at least 1 native bird that won't be hatched that season. I'm not sure just how many eggs Starlings lay per year so the numbers could be much higher.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I was wondering if the heat outside could have effect on a bird so I looked up birds body temperature and found there normal body temperature is between 104 108.

encarta.msn.com...

Flight, especially taking off and landing, requires a huge amount of energy—more than humans need even for running. Taking flight is less demanding for small birds than it is for large ones, but small birds need more energy to stay warm. In keeping with their enormous energy needs, birds have an extremely fast metabolism, which includes the chemical reactions involved in releasing stored energy from food. The high body temperature of birds—40° to 42°C (104° to about 108°F)—provides an environment that supports rapid chemical reactions.

To sustain this high-speed metabolism, birds need an abundant supply of oxygen, which combines with food molecules within cells to release energy. The respiratory, or breathing, system of birds is adapted to meet their special needs. Unlike humans, birds have lungs with an opening at each end. New air enters the lungs from one end, and used air goes out the other end. The lungs are connected to a series of air sacs, which facilitate the movement of air. Birds breathe faster than any other animal. For example, a flying pigeon breathes 450 times each minute, whereas a human, when running, might breathe only about 30 times each minute.

The circulatory system of birds also functions at high speed. Blood vessels pick up oxygen in the lungs and carry it, along with nutrients and other substances essential to life, to all of a bird’s body tissues. In contrast to the human heart, which beats about 160 times per minute when a person runs, a small bird’s heart beats between 400 and 1,000 times per minute. The hearts of birds are proportionately larger than the hearts of other animals. Birds that migrate and those that live at high altitudes have larger hearts, relative to their body size, than other birds.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I only read the info posts since all I am here to say is this: I live in Ottawa, and in the past month I have seen 3-4 dead birds that were not on streets, they were on walking-only paths.

I had only seen one dead bird in my life before and it was on a road...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
reply to post by wonderworld

Starlings are sort of like a parasite. They don't build their own nests, they lay an egg in the nest of other species and when the chick hatches the first thing it does is shove other chicks or eggs out of the nest. The unwitting host parents raise that bird as their own. It is a sad fate for many native species, to raise a parasite instead of their own young.

That is why the Starling populations have boomed while other species have dwindled. The more Starlings there are to lay eggs, the more native birds will be killed off. In some areas the Starlings are a huge problem and live in great masses.

For every female Starling you see, that is at least 1 native bird that won't be hatched that season. I'm not sure just how many eggs Starlings lay per year so the numbers could be much higher.

Starlings do build their own nests and lay three to five eggs twice a year. I think you're talking about cuckoo's. . . They lay eggs in other birds nest as you describe.

As for why birds appear to be dieing and disappearing. . .
I've heard that it is down to the increase in mobile phone masts.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
H.A.A.R.P. and FILA in Alaska.

What we don't know can't hurt us.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by C-JEAN

Yes I thought about addng the missing Honey Bees but didnt. It's an odd coincidence.

I think we have a lot of eco-system problems, from birds and bees to air quality and trees. It can also be a health hazard to humans and other wild life.

If there is something in the air.The first humans who will feel the
effects,will be those with asthma,or other respiratory conditions.
Also,keep a look out for butterflies.They are very susceptible to
changes in our environment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join